***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,192 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think all Ian McShane said was that he brings someone back. Not back from the dead. So its open-ended enough to contain all.
AggieSouth06
quote:
Definitely didn't say that he brought a dead character back to life.... just that someone we all thought was dead or had written off as dead, didn't in fact die and he is coming back to the show.

He said he's playing a holy man that postulates on the effects of war and brings a character back that everyone assumed was dead.

It's the Hound. 1000% lock.
bangobango
AG
I think it is the Hound, but another possibility is Syrio.
jenn96
AG
I think it's the Hound too. One, it's supported in the text. Two, unlike Syrio, Cat and a lot of others, his survival will be less of a WTF for show-only viewers. Last, it's not a supernatural resurrection, which I think the show is choosing to minimize.

Finally, I really really want the Hound to return.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
Definitely didn't say that he brought a dead character back to life.... just that someone we all thought was dead or had written off as dead, didn't in fact die and he is coming back to the show.
Other than the hound, who else would be on that list?

Oberyn?

wangus12
AG
quote:
Finally, I really really want the Hound to return.
Agreed. I want to see him dish out some death to Monster Clegane.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
GET HYPE FOR CLEGANEBOWL

But seriously, it would be so awesome to have the Faith Militant choose the Hound as their champion.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

When he said this, my husband said "wait, Tyrion is TexAgs?"
You didnt know that TexAgs was the basis for Tyrion???
It is known.
PatAg
AG
quote:
GET HYPE FOR CLEGANEBOWL

But seriously, it would be so awesome to have the Faith Militant choose the Hound as their champion.
Don't think that would sit well with him.
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:
quote:

A personification of TexAgs would be far more stunted and ugly than Tyrion.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
What wouldn't sit well with him? He works for the brothers of the Faith and the only thing he hates more than fire is his brother. I can't imagine him turning down the opportunity to perform a service for the Faith and "kill" his brother.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
I think that if we are going to see Benjen ever again, he will be wright of some kind. I don't see him being alive.
I always thought Benjen = Coldhands when I was reading the books
I thought Cold Hands was supposed to be OLLLLDDD
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A personification of TexAgs would be far more stunted and ugly than Tyrion.
And more uppity, and drink more... and philander... if you know what I'm sayin'.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think that if we are going to see Benjen ever again, he will be wright of some kind. I don't see him being alive.
I always thought Benjen = Coldhands when I was reading the books
I thought Cold Hands was supposed to be OLLLLDDD
All we have is a line in the books that says he "died long ago," or something like that. There's no way to know if that's 4, 5, 10, 50, 100, 2000 years. But it's a pretty good bet it isn't Benjen. We'll probably never see Benjen again.
AgDev01
AG
quote:
What wouldn't sit well with him? He works for the brothers of the Faith and the only thing he hates more than fire is his brother. I can't imagine him turning down the opportunity to perform a service for the Faith and "kill" his brother.

I agree that they he would participate but im not set on them being the only two participants. I still believe that Cersei's trial will end up as a trial by seven.
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:

I agree that they he would participate but im not set on them being the only two participants. I still believe that Cersei's trial will end up as a trial by seven.

I. Want. To. See. That. Bad. Ly.
plowboy1065
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Other than the hound, who else would be on that list?

Oberyn?

I've always believed you can fix anything with duct tape but......
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Definitely. Could be a convenient way to take out multiple main-ish characters too.
combat wombat™
AG
As much as I dislike Cersei, I want to see her put the beat-down on the Faith Militant.
Goose06
AG
quote:
As much as I dislike Cersei, I want to see her put the beat-down on the Faith Militant.
Its interesting how a character you hate can transition to a character you can tolerate or even feel sorry for. I have the exact same feelings on Cersei.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
Its interesting how a character you hate can transition to a character you can tolerate or even feel sorry for. I have the exact same feelings on Cersei.
See: Jaime Lannister
The dude pushed bran off a tower, killed a kid in cold blood to escape a jail cell, and fks/rapes his twin sister...despite that I still kinda like him and actively root for him.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
quote:

It's funny because I feel the opposite. With all the pain and chaos that Cersei has created I think she's getting what she deserves and feel zero empathy. Maybe this is also because I know how intolerable in the books she is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I still hate Cersei, but I definitely am coming around on Jaime and Theon.
redline248
AG
F-ck Cersei and Theon for all time.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Definitely. Could be a convenient way to take out multiple main-ish characters too.

quote:
The trial of seven is a form of trial by combat an offended party can demand during trial. It is linked to the Faith of the Seven and Andal tradition.

The Andals believed that if seven champions fought on each side, the gods thus honored would be more likely to see justice done. If a man cannot find six others to stand with him, then he is obviously guilty.

quote:
An altercation occurred between Ser Duncan the Tall and Prince Aerion Targaryen when the prince assaulted a girl, Tanselle. This resulted in Duncan striking the prince, claiming that he was only following the knight's vows to defend the weak. Aerion demanded a trial of seven to clear his name. Prince Daeron Targaryen also claimed to have been injured by Duncan, so he made a claim as well. The two sides met on Ashford Meadow.

Ser Duncan made Princes Aerion and Daeron withdraw their claims, proving his innocence. However, during the fight, Ser Humfrey Beesbury was slain by Ser Donnel and Ser Willem Wylde had to be carried from the field. Prince Baelor died from a blow to his head, likely given by his brother Maekar. Ser Humfrey Hardyng also died afterwards from wounds received in the skirmish.

In 209 AC, at the tourney at Ashford Meadow, Prince Baelor vouched for Ser Duncan the Tall because he knew Duncan's old master, Ser Arlan of Pennytree. Baelor had jousted with Arlan in a tourney at Storm's End and had unhorsed him after breaking four lances.[3] Due to Baelor's intervention Duncan was allowed to enter the lists.

When Duncan attacked Prince Aerion Brightfire to defend an innocent puppeteer, Baelor had a private word with Duncan and advised him. The next day Baelor sat together with Lord Leo "Longthorn" Tyrell and Lord Ashford in judgment of Duncan. Prince Aerion demanded a trial of seven, which was granted.

With the help of his squire, Egg, and Ser Raymun Fossoway, Duncan was able to recruit five men to fight for him. They needed one more, and because Baelor believed Duncan, he fought for him even though his nephew was the accuser. His brother, Maekar, was furious but Baelor said:

" This man protected the weak, as every true knight must, let the gods determine if he was right or wrong."

Before the melee began, Baelor advised Dunk's champions to use tourney lances, which would strike before their opponents' shorter war lances in the opening tilt. He also noted that the three Kingsguard knights on the opposing side would be sworn not to harm him, allowing him to safely engage them. Dunk's defending party won the trial, but Baelor had received a mortal blow to his head from his brother, Prince Maekar, and died in Dunk's arms. Baelor was cremated at Ashford, per Targaryen funeral traditions.

This is the battle where we got the Red Fossoways and Green Fossoways (Steffon "The Rotten" Red Fossoway betrayed his younger Cousin Raymun and Ser Duncan the Tall by joining Prince Aerion in hopes of glory over honor.

Prince Baelor "Breakspear" was a warrior and the King who never was, and seemed to be all that could be wished in a knight, lord, or heir. He was also a man who could win respect with ease, and was as open-handed and just as his father. He won the name "Breakspear" in 187 AC at the age of seventeen, following his famous victory at Princess Daenerys's wedding tourney, where he defeated Daemon Blackfyre in the final tilt.

His older brother was the King Aerys I (who had no heir); and so Baelor was to be his successor - however, Maekar "accidentally" put a mace in Baelor's back of the head:
quote:
During the trial of seven, Maekar came to blows with his brother Baelor, who fought for Dunk, and delivered a lethal mace blow to Baelor's head. Baelor survived the trial, but died soon after taking off his helmet. Maekar suspected that he would thereafter be held in suspicion as a kinslayer. Dealing with the problems of his sons, Maekar banished Aerion to the Free Cities and offered Dunk a position in his personal guard to serve as a role model for Aegon. After Dunk refused, Maekar allowed Aegon to accompany Dunk as his squire.
Maekar's Sons were:
Aerion - who was a slimy ******* and he wound up banishing to the free cities of Essos
Daeron - Prince of Dragonstone; a drunk and philanderer; died of pox he caught from a *****
Aemon - Summoned to serve his father and King, but didn't want to displace the Grand Maester on the small council, so instead served as Maester to Daeron at Dragonstone until Daeron died; later returned to the Citadel as Maester; After Maekar died in a Dornish rebellion Aemon was summoned to a great council where some wanted him to become King, but he refused ceding the throne to his younger brother Aegon V, and took the black so that he could not be used as a pawn to usurp his brother (Aegon sent an "honor guard" of all the prisoners in the Dungeons of King's Landing with him, including Brynden Rivers, aka Lord Bloodraven, and the "Ravens Teeth", Lord Bloodraven's Army)
Aegon V - "Aegon the Unlikely", <SPOILER: "Egg">, the fourth son of Maekar who became King via Great Council (since Aerion had left an infant son and Daeron had a feeble daughter) when Aemon declined his supporters and went to the wall; he had 5 children who were mostly misfits: Prince Duncan abdicated his claim to the throne to marry Jenny of Oldstones (instead of his Baratheon betrothed); Raelle his daughter was sent to Storm's End to marry Lyonel (the Baratheon heir) to appease the Baratheon's; Jahaerys II married his sister Shaera even though Aegon V was opposed to the Targaryon incest practice (he became king after Aegon); and Prince Daeron broke his betrothal to Olenna Redwyne (later Tyrell) to prance around with his knight-friend Ser Jeremy Norridge (they died putting down the rebellion of the Rat, the Hawk, and the Pig.)

SpreadsheetAg
AG
All that being said; If it does come down to a Trail by 7 - I expect there to be some odd people involved, some surprises, and nobody comes out happy with the result!

Something like Jon Snow fighting for Cersei and dying after he wins from some fatal wound sounds about right.
wangus12
AG
I'd be ok with Cersei defeating the Faith Militant at great cost, but I still want her to die. Theon is trying to redeem himself and he will either die saving a Stark or eventually work for them if they win the war. Jaime is a tie for me. He could go either way.
AggieHank86
AG
We dislike the Sparrows and the Faith Militant because Martin wants us to dislike them.

But why? They are humble servants of the Gods, who cast down a corrupt church hierarchy and expended much of the Faith's wealth to care for the poor and displaced.
G Martin 87
AG
I don't want you to dislike the Faith Militant. Howland Reed and his minions are the only ones fighting Cersei anymore!
R0GUE
AG
quote:
We dislike the Sparrows and the Faith Militant because Martin wants us to dislike them.

But why? They are humble servants of the Gods, who cast down a corrupt church hierarchy and expended much of the Faith's wealth to care for the poor and displaced.
They also are the only ones fighting against the corrupt House/caste system (except maybe the Brotherhood without Banners).

I don't hate the Sparrow at all. I think the crazy nun is a little excessive but that's about it. They are also homophobic, but come on, its a show based on the Medieval time-period.

I'm not even sure Martin wants us to hate them. In the books I feel like they were left much more faceless and neutral. It's more the show's writers/directors who have brought them front and center and sort of turned them into pseudo-villains.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:

I dislike their methods. Think Spanish Inquisition.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Won't it be interesting if the high sparrow is some long lost Targaryen, or Blackfyre (sp?)
BigTimeAlum
AG
The fact that their is so much argument on the "like/dislike" of each character is a testiment to GRM and the show writers for develoing such rich, complex characters.

Simply amazing.
scubasteve304
AG
Yeah this is like the opposite of the absolutist Good and Evil discussions on the Saul/Breaking Bad threads lol.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.