***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,311 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Positives from this episode

1. Sansa, Theon, Pod, and Brienne are the new cool group. Cool scene, and nice grouping
2. Varys and Tyrion scenes are always fantastic
3. Danys lines were cool, and it's confirmed she's going to vaes dothrak now
4. Davos seems like a new main character with Stannis gone
5. Red woman is confirmed ancient priestess, cool speculation about her having something

Cons from the episode
1. Dorne is stupid, the whole damn thing. Sand Snakes jetpacking from the dock to kings landing. One of the greatest warriors (Areo Hotah) getting killed by a girl with a small knife. Doran never becoming a great master planner, but just dying like a ***** to the dumbest lady in the world. The lady avenging the death of Oberyn Martell by killing his brother and Trystane. Effectively, wiping his family off the earth.
2. Only checkins for every plot line. Nothing really exciting happened.
This exactly.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I took it as this is the first time something she thought she saw in the flames didntn come to be, and now she is doubting everything. Im hoping her return to faith is accompanied by some sort of resurrection of Jon.
She at least mentioned that she saw Jon fighting at Winterfell, so maybe she will realize that it could still happen somehow if he comes back.

In the books there is at least information to hint at the fact that her interpretations are just wrong even if the visions are correct (e.g. "I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow."
Post removed:
by user
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think the biggest problem with the show right now, and really all of last season, is that everyone is so spread out over the World at the moment. It makes it almost impossible to cover a lot of plot with anybody. Once they start converging the storylines, I think it becomes as good as it was the first couple of seasons.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

anyone notice Theon as he descended into the freezing water crossing the river....no hesitation at all when he got to ummmmm waist level....any man would hesitate at ball level but Theon doesn't have that problem. lol.

I guess I had assumed he still had the GreyJoy jewels. Were those cut off too?

I would assume he lost the twig and berries. it was never really confirmed. But they've implied he has no *****. Typically there are 2 forms of eunuchs castration (balls only) and emasculation (balls and *****). Penectomy (just removing the *****) is not common. But Ramsay is a sick ******* so who knows.
redline248
AG
Won't be long until Arya becomes Daredevil
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:

1. Sansa, Theon, Pod, and Brienne are the new cool group. Cool scene, and nice grouping
5. Red woman is confirmed ancient priestess, cool speculation about her having something

Cons from the episode
1. Dorne is stupid, the whole damn thing. Sand Snakes jetpacking from the dock to kings landing. One of the greatest warriors (Areo Hotah) getting killed by a girl with a small knife. Doran never becoming a great master planner, but just dying like a ***** to the dumbest lady in the world. The lady avenging the death of Oberyn Martell by killing his brother and Trystane. Effectively, wiping his family off the earth.
This exactly.

Yea, Dorne is horrible. There's no family/succession there now. Sure, the idiotic sand snakes can go on a killing spree, but they just become chaos in that scenario. If I recall, there was some of that from other players in the books so maybe they write off the Dorne claims on the IT and just try to make those girls the random assassins. No clue.
GoneGirl
AG
I'd spent the weekend binge-watching the last few seasons of The Walking Dead - so I was used to the next one coming up right afterwards...

When the credits came up, I thought (and I think I said it aloud...)"you mean we have to wait a whole week to see what comes next? That didn't answer my questions...."

redline248
AG
Oh, lying ass HBO. The episode guide said "Jon Snow's fate is revealed."

What bullsh t
RyanC
AG
quote:
Oh, lying ass HBO. The episode guide said "Jon Snow's fate is revealed."

What bullsh t
His fate (stabbing) was revealed (to his friends).

Still BS though.
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I think the biggest problem with the show right now, and really all of last season, is that everyone is so spread out over the World at the moment. It makes it almost impossible to cover a lot of plot with anybody. Once they start converging the storylines, I think it becomes as good as it was the first couple of seasons.
So Season 6 ends with Dany on a ship homeward bound. Dragons flying with her too. She somehow convinces all the Dothraki khalasars to cross the poison water... I'm guessing.
redline248
AG
If Jon really is dead and stays that way, then I hope the white walkers win.

Also, if Dany actually makes it to Vaes Dothrak and spends more than one episode there, f this show some more.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That depends. Do we know how many seasons are left? If there is only one season after this, I see them leaving halfway through this season. There is (hopefully) just too much plot line to cover with her attacking Westeros, fighting whitewalkers, etc.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I could see her never making it there. Instead she kills the Khal, and becomes the first woman Khal, and then uses them to take out the remaining Harpies, and he other rebelling cities in the book.
Ozmandius
Dorne was the biggest takeaway from last night imo. All the Dorne plots/storylines look to be ending with an "Oh." Aegon alliance with Dorne in the books then Aegon cut from the show. It only makes sense to wrap up the Dorne plotline if it doesn't have any significance in the endgame. Also, Dorne was widely hated by fans of the show -- for good reason. The Sand Snakes continue to be awful, so limiting their involvement is a plus. It is pretty disappointing to see Siddiq's talent wasted and Hotah never spill any blood, but I think this change makes sense on a couple levels and gives us some insight that Dorne isn't a power player when everything is said and done.

Overall pretty good episode. Brienne/Sansa/Theon scenes were very moving. Davos is nails, as always. Big confirmation on Melisandre's age and loss of faith (Thoros had the same loss of faith before resurrecting Beric for the first time....get hyped). Curious to see who leads the sons of the harpy. Varys/Tyrion are probably the best equipped characters to untangle the Mereenese knot.

I'm just happy the long wait is over. Winter is here!!
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Dorne was the biggest takeaway from last night imo. All the Dorne plots/storylines look to be ending with an "Oh." Aegon alliance with Dorne in the books then Aegon cut from the show. It only makes sense to wrap up the Dorne plotline if it doesn't have any significance in the endgame. Also, Dorne was widely hated by fans of the show -- for good reason. The Sand Snakes continue to be awful, so limiting their involvement is a plus. It is pretty disappointing to see Siddiq's talent wasted and Hotah never spill any blood, but I think this change makes sense on a couple levels and gives us some insight that Dorne isn't a power player when everything is said and done.
I just don't buy the approach that some things won't matter in the books because they don't in the show. The show has to make choices. Currently there are theories about just about every person/group in the book playing a secret game that could have a huge impact on the overall story. Literally all of them actually could in the book, but it wouldn't work for a show.

Now, I do agree that Dorne isn't likely going to be THE main thing driving the final story. The story really is about the core of characters that have been there from the beginning. The Dornish, Ironborn, etc. simply play a role in relation to these characters. They could play a significant role though, and it still matters to the story.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
I'm operating under the assumption that the tv show does reveal what matters and what doesn't. The tv guys are the only people other than GRRM that know how the story ends. If they don't include certain characters, I take it as an indication those characters were ultimately not crucial to the plot endgame.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
I'm operating under the assumption that the tv show does reveal what matters and what doesn't. The tv guys are the only people other than GRRM that know how the story ends. If they don't include certain characters, I take it as an indication those characters were ultimately not crucial to the plot endgame.
with that being said, it is clear that with Dany's navy being burned by the SotH, she is going to need the iron islanders ships to cross the narrow sea. i think this was pretty much a foregone conclusion by most but nice to see in the show.
redline248
AG
I wouldn't be so sure Dorne is out of the show. There are 2 sand snakes in KL, apparently. Even if the show hasn't portrayed them as cold blooded assassins very well, they still are. That chick that killed Doran looks like she is going to step into a leadership role, and potentially raise a Dornish army, or something.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I wouldn't be so sure Dorne is out of the show. There are 2 sand snakes in KL, apparently. Even if the show hasn't portrayed them as cold blooded assassins very well, they still are. That chick that killed Doran looks like she is going to step into a leadership role, and potentially raise a Dornish army, or something.
Hopefully FrankenMountain gets a chance to put his fingers through her face.
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
holy crap i hope this happens. let frankengregor kill all the stupid sand snakes before the hound gets to kill him and i'd be happy
AgLaw
AG
quote:
BigAggie06
AG
quote:

Also, if Dany actually makes it to Vaes Dothrak and spends more than one episode there, f this show some more.

If Jon is dead GRR Martin hates the readers because I can't imagine that big of a deviation from future books.
plowboy1065
S
quote:
quote:

But not before she shows that awesome rack a few more times
AgLaw
AG
quote:
quote:
Bolton also was clear in his statement last night that ramsey allowed the heir to iron islands to escape. It is very possible that Theon is redeemed and meets back up with his sister. That would get the same thing accomplished and at the same time eliminating huge amounts of characters.

Great point. I fully expect a Theon redemption story line, and linking it to Dany would get rid of other Greyjoy threads from the books.

By the way, I think Roose gets done in by Ramsey and they incorporate the Frey Pie story into this. Maybe tied to a celebration of Roose's new son via Walda Frey, Ramsey takes out Roose, his new baby brother and House Frey before the ******* Bowl.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just hope they don't drag out the Jon Snow resurrection for half the season. Everyone knows it's coming, so just get it done and move on.
AGeng25
AG
quote:

I just don't buy the approach that some things won't matter in the books because they don't in the show. The show has to make choices. Currently there are theories about just about every person/group in the book playing a secret game that could have a huge impact on the overall story. Literally all of them actually could in the book, but it wouldn't work for a show.

Now, I do agree that Dorne isn't likely going to be THE main thing driving the final story. The story really is about the core of characters that have been there from the beginning. The Dornish, Ironborn, etc. simply play a role in relation to these characters. They could play a significant role though, and it still matters to the story.
This. People complain that things are moving too slowly and that "nothing happens" in an episode but gripe if the story line they like gets lessened/cut. If the show keeps that many separate story lines, each episode barely has enough time to have 1 thing happen at each location. The show is just trimming fat in order to make the main story move well.

Look at all the different story lines from just episode 1 of this season:

1) Winterfell with the Boltons
2) The North with Sansa, Theon, Brienne, and Podrick
3) The Wall
4) Mereen
5) Wherever the Dothraki hoard is with Dany
6) Jorah and Dhaario etween Mereen and Dothraki hoard
7a) King's Landing - Cersei and Jamie
7b) King's Landing - Margary
8) Dorne
9) Arya in Braavos

With 10 separate sections in a 60-minute episode, that's 6 minutes per section. How much can happen in that time?

Now add the potential other story lines of the Iron Islands and the Riverlands, they have to start to make the existing plots less important for the show to work in an episode-by-episode format.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

This. People complain that things are moving too slowly and that "nothing happens" in an episode but gripe if the story line they like gets lessened/cut. If the show keeps that many separate story lines, each episode barely has enough time to have 1 thing happen at each location. The show is just trimming fat in order to make the main story move well.

3) The Wall
4) Mereen
8) Dorne
9) Arya in Braavos

With 10 separate sections in a 60-minute episode, that's 6 minutes per section. How much can happen in that time?

Now add the potential other story lines of the Iron Islands and the Riverlands, they have to start to make the existing plots less important for the show to work in an episode-by-episode format.

And don't forget Gendry.
The Debt
quote:

Cons from the episode

The show hasn't really driven the point home, but dorne is the only one of the seven kingdoms where their line of succession goes through the females rather than the males. Doran only got to rule because his sister was killed by the mountain during Roberts rebellion
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
I just hope they don't drag out the Jon Snow resurrection for half the season. Everyone knows it's coming, so just get it done and move on.
count me as someone that wouldn't be bothered by that. i'd be fine investing some time in seeing Davos, Mel, the loyal few Nights Watch dudes, and Tormund/wildlings wrecking shop first - plus we probably need Bran seeing **** (ToJ maybe?) before Jon is brought back. i could see it being a couple episodes still (and i'd like to get somewhere with Dany first, so an Essos-focused episode 2 or 3 would be my preference)
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
quote:

3) The Wall
4) Mereen
8) Dorne
9) Arya in Braavos

And don't forget Gendry.
whole episode watching Gendry rowing his boat?!
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.