***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,416 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're supposed to believe Hotah, one of the best warriors in the world, is killed by a girl with awesome tits stabbing him in the back with a butterfly knife?
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
We're supposed to believe Hotah, one of the best warriors in the world, is killed by a girl with awesome tits stabbing him in the back with a butterfly knife?
3 key phrases bolded.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I said the same thing. Where did the hounds go?

Seriously? Two horses came charging in and surprised them, they ran.
BigTimeAlum
AG
I have hope, but that was a horrible start. I hope this isn't what we get when they don't have amazing stories to follow
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They haven't really made that big of a deal about him on the show, right?
wangus12
AG
quote:
What happened to the hounds when Big Brienne and Podrick came to rescue Reek and Lady Bolton?

Did they fall into a plot hole? I was really hoping to see them avenge Myranda. That girl was the bomb.

Don't you ever call that girl a Bolton. Ever. She is a Stark till the end.
Really???
There seems to be all sorts of continuity issues here.

Jon's assassination doesn't make any sense now. If they were pissed off he let the wildlings through the gate, why did they LET THE WILDLINGS THROUGH THE GATE like 20 minutes beforehand?
Post removed:
by user
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
There seems to be all sorts of continuity issues here.

Jon's assassination doesn't make any sense now. If they were pissed off he let the wildlings through the gate, why did they LET THE WILDLINGS THROUGH THE GATE like 20 minutes beforehand?

I was thinking the same thing. Not like they can go slaughter the wildlings now that they are outnumbered on this side of the wall.
G Martin 87
AG
Ser Aliser specifically told the Nights Watch that he had never disobeyed one of Jon's orders as Lord Commander. Before he left for Hardhome with Tormund, Jon ordered Ser Aliser to open the gates if they returned.
Really???
That was another thing I found weird. "I murdered him.. but I totally didn't disobey any orders. See, he never TOLD me not to kill him!"
hunter2012
AG
quote:
What happened to the hounds when Big Brienne and Podrick came to rescue Reek and Lady Bolton?

Did they fall into a plot hole? I was really hoping to see them avenge Myranda. That girl was the bomb.
They can't show "good guys" like Podrick and Brienne killing dogs, there are too many bleeding hearts in the audience for that. Ironic I know given all the people deaths.
hunter2012
AG
Also I called it that the Dothraki can't touch Dany because she's supposed to be a priestess at their temple.
SeattleAgJr
In this post, I will attempt to solve the Mystery of the Missing Doggies from S6, Episode 1. I believe to do this, we have to break down the scene into multiple parts, showing when each character is (or is not) killed.

When the Bolton hunting party arrives at the clearing at 19:49, there are clearly six soldiers present two footmen, each holding a dog, and four horsemen. (Labeled here as F1, F2, H1-H4, and T for Theon) Note that H1 is on a white horse, while the others are dark, and only one of the men (H4) speaks. This all is important, because it lets us distinguish between most of the Bolton men in the ensuing fight.
Theon and H4 chat, H4 doesn't believe that Sansa is dead, and the dogs lead the men to Sansa as shown here at 20:22, with F1 and F2 with the dogs circled in red.
Brienne arrived at 20:38 and quickly kills H4 (loudmouthed leader) at 20:44. By 20:53, Pod is fighting one of the men on a dark horse (H2 and H3 are basically indistinguishable, so I've just decided he's fighting H2).
H3 knocks Brienne off her horse at 20:57, and dismounts at 21:04. They fight, meanwhile the footsoldiers with the dogs can be clearly seen at 21:11 guarding Sansa and not helping in the fight at all. H3 is killed by Brienne at 21:16.
H1 charges Brienne and is taken down (but not yet killed) at 21:25. In the background Sansa and Theon look tense, Theon eventually picks up a sword, and Pod keeps fighting H2 until 21:36, when Pod kills him. A Bolton soldier approaches Pod on foot at 21:44 (I'll call him F1 since the footmen are interchangeable) Brienne slits H1's throat at 21:55, Pod is knocked down, and then F1 is killed by Theon at 22:08.
At this point, the noise of fighting has ended, and the survivors almost casually assemble in the clearing. Brienne lays down her sword at 22:44, and oaths ensue.
But wait.what about the second footman, F2? All four horsemen are killed, plus one footman. But the other is not shown to be killed at all, and the dogs are never shown to be killed.
This could be a simple continuity error, like everyone in the megathreads were complaining. Or, as I think, it could be a clue: the dogs aren't seen after about 21:11, and they've stopped barking by then. The clearest, simplest explanation is that one footman went after Pod when he saw H2 fall, and the other ran off with the dogs. Brienne/Pod/Theon either don't care (which would be stupid) or are too frazzled by the murderfest to notice, as most viewers were (I didn't put the pieces together until I watched the scene a second time and counted bodies).
What are the implications of this? Well, since no one seems interested in chasing him, he very well could make it back to Winterfell to tell the Boltons that Theon and Sansa have help, now have horses, and in what direction they're traveling. This could help confirm the Bolton's idea of where Sansa could be heading, beginning us the path to Snowbowl!
It sure makes sense to me, and I'm interested in what others think! I haven't seen this analyzed yet anywhere else, so I appreciate any feedback as well.
SeattleAgJr
Nerds.....
hunter2012
AG
quote:
In this post, I will attempt to solve the Mystery of the Missing Doggies from S6, Episode 1. I believe to do this, we have to break down the scene into multiple parts, showing when each character is (or is not) killed.

When the Bolton hunting party arrives at the clearing at 19:49, there are clearly six soldiers present two footmen, each holding a dog, and four horsemen. (Labeled here as F1, F2, H1-H4, and T for Theon) Note that H1 is on a white horse, while the others are dark, and only one of the men (H4) speaks. This all is important, because it lets us distinguish between most of the Bolton men in the ensuing fight.
Theon and H4 chat, H4 doesn't believe that Sansa is dead, and the dogs lead the men to Sansa as shown here at 20:22, with F1 and F2 with the dogs circled in red.
Brienne arrived at 20:38 and quickly kills H4 (loudmouthed leader) at 20:44. By 20:53, Pod is fighting one of the men on a dark horse (H2 and H3 are basically indistinguishable, so I've just decided he's fighting H2).
H3 knocks Brienne off her horse at 20:57, and dismounts at 21:04. They fight, meanwhile the footsoldiers with the dogs can be clearly seen at 21:11 guarding Sansa and not helping in the fight at all. H3 is killed by Brienne at 21:16.
H1 charges Brienne and is taken down (but not yet killed) at 21:25. In the background Sansa and Theon look tense, Theon eventually picks up a sword, and Pod keeps fighting H2 until 21:36, when Pod kills him. A Bolton soldier approaches Pod on foot at 21:44 (I'll call him F1 since the footmen are interchangeable) Brienne slits H1's throat at 21:55, Pod is knocked down, and then F1 is killed by Theon at 22:08.
At this point, the noise of fighting has ended, and the survivors almost casually assemble in the clearing. Brienne lays down her sword at 22:44, and oaths ensue.
But wait.what about the second footman, F2? All four horsemen are killed, plus one footman. But the other is not shown to be killed at all, and the dogs are never shown to be killed.
This could be a simple continuity error, like everyone in the megathreads were complaining. Or, as I think, it could be a clue: the dogs aren't seen after about 21:11, and they've stopped barking by then. The clearest, simplest explanation is that one footman went after Pod when he saw H2 fall, and the other ran off with the dogs. Brienne/Pod/Theon either don't care (which would be stupid) or are too frazzled by the murderfest to notice, as most viewers were (I didn't put the pieces together until I watched the scene a second time and counted bodies).
What are the implications of this? Well, since no one seems interested in chasing him, he very well could make it back to Winterfell to tell the Boltons that Theon and Sansa have help, now have horses, and in what direction they're traveling. This could help confirm the Bolton's idea of where Sansa could be heading, beginning us the path to Snowbowl!
It sure makes sense to me, and I'm interested in what others think! I haven't seen this analyzed yet anywhere else, so I appreciate any feedback as well.

If the dogs ran off then they're the Sand Snakes of dogs. We hear for seasons on how ferocious and rabid the dogs are, and in the only battle we see that they can fight in they disappear as quickly as Melisandre's hot redheaded body.

I really think it's as simple as they can't have 2 good characters kill dogs with how emotional people are over animals.
hunter2012
AG
hunter2012
AG
I really like Doran in the books, he's the one character that's playing the long game and has a real plan. He's on the level of Tywin or Littlefinger when it comes to scheming.

Furlock Bones
AG
Wow, they have ruined Dorne not only with the weak killings but with gigantic plot holes.

Houston Lee
AG
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:

This is likely true.
Al Bula
AG
I hope the Dorne stuff is one of the plotlines which continues to deviate from TWoW (assuming the book is ever published). When we last left Doran/Dorne plot, it was starting to really pay off. Doran was plotting and Darkstar attempted to kill Myrcella and was on the run.

I think most agree that Myrcella will die, but there is so much promise with the Doran characters.

Also if Dany is going to Vaes Dothrak, the Mereenese know has been supplanted by a Dothraki knot.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I would also like to say, **** the Dorne story line. Just awful in every way.

I hated that those two "cousins" of Tristaine joked after killing him. Seriously? You just flat murdered your innocent cousin and you're joking after? I find that hard to believe. it would have been way more believable if they were at least torn about doing it.

And that girl was really going to kill him with a whip in a small room? She's lucky he turned his back and got stabbed in the head.
JonSnow
Great start to the season. Seemed to fly by. So is Melisandre really old and ugly and the necklace makes her look young? Is she trading her youth/life for Jon's? Is she feeling guilty for burning an innocent child alive for nothing?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Great start to the season. Seemed to fly by. So is Melisandre really old and ugly and the necklace makes her look young? Is she trading her youth/life for Jon's? Is she feeling guilty for burning an innocent child alive for nothing?
Carice van Houten has been a bit loose-lipped in interviews and has said that Melisandre is 400 years old.
PatAg
AG
I took it as this is the first time something she thought she saw in the flames didntn come to be, and now she is doubting everything. Im hoping her return to faith is accompanied by some sort of resurrection of Jon.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
I took it as this is the first time something she thought she saw in the flames didntn come to be, and now she is doubting everything. Im hoping her return to faith is accompanied by some sort of resurrection of Jon.
Which would be exactly how Thoros of Myr performed his first resurrection. Faithless and desperate. I think it costs Mel her life though.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

My exact thoughts.
khaos288
AG
Positives from this episode

1. Sansa, Theon, Pod, and Brienne are the new cool group. Cool scene, and nice grouping
2. Varys and Tyrion scenes are always fantastic
3. Danys lines were cool, and it's confirmed she's going to vaes dothrak now
4. Davos seems like a new main character with Stannis gone
5. Red woman is confirmed ancient priestess, cool speculation about her having something

Cons from the episode
1. Dorne is stupid, the whole damn thing. Sand Snakes jetpacking from the dock to kings landing. One of the greatest warriors (Areo Hotah) getting killed by a girl with a small knife. Doran never becoming a great master planner, but just dying like a ***** to the dumbest lady in the world. The lady avenging the death of Oberyn Martell by killing his brother and Trystane. Effectively, wiping his family off the earth.
2. Only checkins for every plot line. Nothing really exciting happened.
aglaohfour
AG
The scene between Brienne and Sansa brought tears to my eyes, seriously. I'm ready to see Sansa man the hell up and start kicking some ass.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I agree with this, especially since there was a new red priestess in one of the trailers
titanmaster_race
quote:

It's not the first time. Stannis' army being completely butchered when she had foreseen victory shook her, and then seeing Jon dead obliterated her faith, IMO.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

anyone notice Theon as he descended into the freezing water crossing the river....no hesitation at all when he got to ummmmm waist level....any man would hesitate at ball level but Theon doesn't have that problem. lol.
titanmaster_race
quote:

anyone notice Theon as he descended into the freezing water crossing the river....no hesitation at all when he got to ummmmm waist level....any man would hesitate at ball level but Theon doesn't have that problem. lol.

I guess I had assumed he still had the GreyJoy jewels. Were those cut off too?
El Chupacabra
I wish I had more hands so I could give that episode 4 thumbs down.
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.