***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

823,289 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hunter2012
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my 501 on directtv isn't working tonight for some reason. Anybody else having this problem?
PatAg
AG
I mean, I know this show is all about bad stuff like that happening, but that was my thought.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Still think the Umber's are pulling some sort of con, and that isn't Sh****Dog's head. Could just be wrong, though.

I'm thinking that too. Assuming he has been with them the whole time, why bring him in all of a sudden? I guess they could have been on Skagos or somewhere else and the Umbers really did find them. He went out of his way not to pledge loyalty to Ramsay too for what that's worth.
Gerald Tarrant
"My watch is ended"

i was hoping something like that would happen. wondering what Jon's next move will be
bkag9824
AG
Anybody remember the color of each dire wolf? For some dumb reason don't recall any solid black ones.
Jethro95
AG
So no warging into a cat for Arya?
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
Anybody remember the color of each dire wolf? For some dumb reason don't recall any solid black ones.
Sh**** Dog was black.
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
Still think the Umber's are pulling some sort of con, and that isn't Sh****Dog's head. Could just be wrong, though.

I'm thinking that too. Assuming he has been with them the whole time, why bring him in all of a sudden? I guess they could have been on Skagos or somewhere else and the Umbers really did find them. He went out of his way not to pledge loyalty to Ramsay too for what that's worth.
i think Bran told Osha to take Rickon to the Last Hearth (the Umber house) so it makes sense that he'd be there

i just have a tough time buying that they're honestly trying to curry favor with Ramsay...
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:

Sh**** Dog was definitely black (the only one that was)
PatAg
AG
that head looked dark brown and bloody to me..which is blackish..I just feel like the size of the head wasn't right.

Could just be wishful thinking on our parts.
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
Sh****dog was definitely black in the show, don't remember in the books
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
glad Ollie is dead. Hated his character.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
that head looked dark brown and bloody to me..which is blackish..I just feel like the size of the head wasn't right.

I'm definitely nervous that we are kidding ourselves. It's just hard to tell with the show since things definitely are different. I just can't quit thinking about how satisfying it would be for Sh**** to come in and wreck Ramsay, his men, and/or his dogs.
Deputy Travis Junior
Damn. I like this show, but having 18 plot lines makes it move so freaking slow. Dany entered the widow house. John hung the guys who killed him and quit, The Varys + Tyrion scenes combined didn't total 5 minutes.

Then there was Arya who once again demonstrated that a training montage is definitely the best way to move **** along.
Stive
AG
I think we're wishful thinking. The Umbers have reason to be pissed/nervous about Wildlings being let below the wall....they're not loyal to Jon Snow at Castle Black. They could legit be looking for support against them and Ramsey is their best bet. Holding a Stark for any longer really doesn't do them any good when they think all of the other Starks are dead.
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
Then there was Arya who once again demonstrated that a training montage is definitely the best way to move **** along.
that was a REALLY well-put-together montage, though

i wish Dany's story would hurry up and move it along, we all know Drogon's probably gonna swoop in and save the day so just get on with it

also...we totally got blue-balled with the ToJ sequence, although the fight scene was spectacular
sbarnett84
AG
Jon is going to war. Ramsey is about to be the focus of some serious rage. Even more so when Jon finds out about Rickon. I'm envisioning a "Here's Jonny" scene from the Shining.
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
Jon is going to war. Ramsey is about to be the focus of some serious rage. Even more so when Jon finds out about Rickon. I'm envisioning a "Here's Jonny" scene from the Shining.

I will move to Westeros if they actually have Jon yell that while chopping down a door in order to get to Ramsay.
texican08
AG
Tormunds quote to Jon on how he knows Jon isn't a God had me rolling!
titanmaster_race
quote:

Thats what I thought too, but it was large enough for Ramsay (who is intimately familiar with 4 legged beasts) to accept it as a direwolf....
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Too small to be Sh****dog's head... That amber did everything he could to not kneel to Ramsay and insult his dad...

Here is Sh****dog:

Respect for Lord Umber. He's a boss.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Umbers playing Ramsay for sure.

ToJ fight was solid, but f you three eyed raven.

Burn in seven hells, Allister. You too Olly.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Anyone else pick up on Qyburn introducing the "little birds" to Ser Gregor? Did they call him Robert Strong after Cercei's atonement?
AggieSouth06
quote:
Anyone else pick up on Qyburn introducing the "little birds" to Ser Gregor? Did they call him Robert Strong after Cercei's atonement?

That would be very confusing to non-readers. Hard enough keeping up with 137 characters without them randomly changing names.
redline248
AG
Sh**** dog was always the wildest of the bunch. Could be the Umbers got sick of putting up with him attacking people or something. If you're playing Ramsey, why put Rickon in immediate danger? Something isn't right, I think Rickon is f-cked.

God, I hope I'm wrong.
Goose06
AG
If the Umbers are playing Ramsay, I don't think Rickon is a willing participant...
wangus12
AG
I would think the Umbers are all about the Stark's still. Plenty of them are either captured or dead from the Red Wedding and they were some of the biggest Stark supporters.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Thats what I thought too, but it was large enough for Ramsay (who is intimately familiar with 4 legged beasts) to accept it as a direwolf....
Except that he was hanging out at the castle when the stark direwolves showed up, and Robb had his campaign. He also just knows hounds, direwolves (not only existed in our past) are massive.
PatAg
AG
quote:
I would think the Umbers are all about the Stark's still. Plenty of them are either captured or dead from the Red Wedding and they were some of the biggest Stark supporters.
I think that is the biggest thing. Its possible Jon Snow letting the wildlings through flipped them, but I dunno. A whole nother week to wait. I hate watching shows live.
TampaBayAg08
AG
After Rickon being out of the story for so long, it was a real let down that this was his reintroduction back into the story. I guess my hope was he'd be riding in with Sh****dog by his side saying "Winterfell is mine, b***es" and would kill Ramsay. But him being thrown at Ramsay's feet just had me rolling my eyes. I'm so over Ramsay's character... Roose Bolton was so much more of a fascinating enemy. Ramsay is just a typical sadistic psychopath... And after him letting dogs eat an infant... The writers can't shock me anymore. So let him die by Ghost eating him and let's move on to way more interesting enemies (eg Cersei).
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wishful thinking. That was shag-gy.

Edit...come on TexAgs. Why are we filtering ag.gy??
hunter2012
AG
Umber wouldn't swear loyalty to Ramsey, that's gotta count for something. If they are as close to the Starks as the war implied they are playing Ramsey. Yes that was Osha, but hopefully Rickon is in Last Hearth.

Also the Sword of the Morning was awesome, he's the first in the series I've seen to use 2 swords. I thought the fight was choreographed well, it's obvious they used less because of timing, 2 more deaths had to be on screen and they didn't have the time.

...And f*** the watch, Jon Targ has kingdoms to conquer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
When did the GreatJohn die? Don't remember that.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
The ToJ fight was good, but I'm surprised none of you are really pissed about the details. Why would the show cut out Ser Gerold Hightower from the fight scene, but randomly mention him by name in the very same episode (during the high council meeting). Ned was very specific about the three Kingsguard at the ToJ. Why would the show willy nilly change that detail? Do y'all think they have a specific reason?

Furthermore, Ser Arthur Dayne fought with the great sword Dawn, which legend says was made of meteor fragments. Ser Dayne was the Sword of the Morning, a great office/title/honor, and as such, the only one entitled to carry Dawn. In the book, Ned's honor is shown by saying he personally returned Dawn to House Dayne after the battle. And yet, here, in this episode, the tv guys reduce Dawn to a side sword, to be used in conjunction with some other sword. Again. Why? Why screw with important book details like that for no reason? You're just bringing the nerd wrath upon yourself with choices like that.

The tv guys should have thought out reasons as to why Ser Hightower was not at the ToJ, and why Ser Arthur Dayne was given a Darth Maulesk second sword, when his book sword is one of the most revered swords in history. And if they don't have good explanations for these changes other than "eh, bc we felt like it", then I become very concerned with their stewardship of the rest of the shows plot lines. Nerd rant over.

Count me in the Lord Umber has something up his sleeve camp. He rolled in like too much of a bad ass to not be a good guy
hunter2012
AG
quote:
When did the GreatJohn die? Don't remember that.
He was not present at the Red Wedding. Tonight's episode was the first claim that he's dead(according to wiki). It could be easy to claim he was killed in the chaos as the Army of the North dissolved.

I think he's at Last Hearth either with the real Rickon or waiting on Jon Snow to become Jon Targ and marches on Winterfell.
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.