***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,001 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Finn Maccumhail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just holding out hope we'll get to see Cersei lez out with the hot Lady Taena Merryweather from Myr like in the books.

I'm thinking Monica Bellucci would be a good actress for the role.
JJxvi
AG
Black? I saw them all in white and gold
annie88
AG
SIAP, haven't looked at every post, but here's an idea on what Lyanna said to Ned.

quote:
Since "The Winds of Winter" aired there's been some discussion among fans about what Lyanna whispered to her brother. The folks at GamesRadar have done their best to enhance the scene's audio so that fans can hear as much as possible. What Lyanna whispers to Ned is, ""His name is .... If Robert finds out, he'll kill him. You know he will. You have to protect him. Promise me Ned. Promise me."

The missing piece of dialogue following "His name is" is also blank in the episode's subtitles, lending a bit of mystery to the scene. Claire Williams, a Game of Thrones fan and web designer who uses Reddit under the handle sparkledavisjr, watched the scene at least 50 times to try to figure out what Lyanna said in that moment. The answer she has come up with is "Jaehaerys."

Jaeherys would make a certain amount of sense. Many fans do not believe that Lyanna was abducted, contrary to the most widespread narrative of Robert's Rebellion. Those fans believe that Lyanna and Rhaegar Targaryen were actually in love and that they ran away together, possibly even marrying at a Godswood in the Riverlands. If this is true, it would make sense that Lyanna would give her son a Targaryen name that matched his half-siblings - Aegon and Rhaenys. Jaehaerys is a particularly good Targaryen name since two previous and well-remembered Targaryen kings shared the same name.

However, Targaryen names tend to be distinctive, as the House comes from Valyria, a distinct culture from Westeros. If Ned was going to protect baby Jaehaerys from Robert Baratheon, who was determined to wipe out the entire Targaryen line, then the child would need to go by a less conspicuous name. Jon is a traditional northern name, a Stark family name, and the name of Jon Arryn, who was a father figure to Ned, meaning it's exactly the kind of name nobody would think twice about.

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh and one more thing......other than Qyburn.....who knows Cersei did it? She could blame it on Pycelle and/or Lancel. Perhaps thats why they made sure they were down below.
Who would do this?
Who had the means to carry it out?
Who had the most to gain?
Why was Tommen and Cersei absent?

The answers to those questions only lead to Cersei. They may not have an corroborating witnesses, but the blame would be impossible to pass off.

History belongs to those that write it.

Everyone that could be a witness is dead.

Cersei says - Lancel was supposed to come get me, but instead he threw Tommen out the window and then blew up the Sept. I was only protected by The Mountain so I graciously take my sons place as ruler.

Now I doubt that....but it's possible. I think it's just a matter of having the force or backup. Someone originally asked how she could take power with no friends. But as I said before Jamie was back with his army - and he may not be happy but at least now he seems to be supporting her. And the army is his. With the army and the Queensguard...done deal.
Everyone also seems to be forgetting the Goldcloaks (Cuty Watch). As I recall they are about 6000 strong. Formidable force in Kings Landing.
redline248
AG
quote:
Everyone also seems to be forgetting the Goldcloaks (Cuty Watch). As I recall they are about 6000 strong. Formidable force in Kings Landing.
Including the show's writers. When was the last time we've seen them? 2 or 3 seasons ago?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
marble rye
AG
Now the approach of granny Tyrell by Cersei asking her not to leave makes much more sense. She knew all the Tyrells would be in the Sept and would eliminate them as a threat. Also might confirm that the secret Tommen told Cersei was indeed those that were involved in Joffrey's murder.

Maybe now she won't care if LF delivers on his promise to kill Sansa.
Stive
AG
How would Tommen have known who killed Joffery?
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
^This.

And I don't think Cersei was even aware of the wildfyre at the time of her discussion with Grandma Tyrell. I think she was genuinely asking for help.
OnlyForNow
AG
Ehhh, dunno about the 2nd thing.

Pretty sure she had plans from the get-go.
jbanda
AG
I feel like once Tommen did away with trial by combat, she'd made her mind up about killing everyone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
I feel like once Tommen did away with trial by combat, she'd made her mind up about killing everyone.
Exactly. And her discussion with Olenna was prior to that.
bangobango
AG
quote:
Now the approach of granny Tyrell by Cersei asking her not to leave makes much more sense. She knew all the Tyrells would be in the Sept and would eliminate them as a threat. Also might confirm that the secret Tommen told Cersei was indeed those that were involved in Joffrey's murder.

Maybe now she won't care if LF delivers on his promise to kill Sansa.
I don't think so.
marble rye
AG
quote:

The HS told him a secret and the he told Cersei, remember?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

The HS told him a secret and the he told Cersei, remember?
How did/would the high sparrow know?
marble rye
AG
How did he know about everyone's sins?
redline248
AG
quote:
How did he know about everyone's sins?
He knew about Cersei's b/c of Lancel joining his little army, he knew about Loras b/c they found that stupid brothel twit, and got Margery b/c of the same guy. Whose sins did he know about besides them? Surely not that Olenna had anything to do with killing Joffrey, or he would have arrested her, too.
BowSowy
AG
Yeah, but Joffrey's assassination was orchestrated by the Tyrells and he (the HS) had two of them in his custody. Including one who was broken through torture. It's very possible the HS knew who actually killed Joffrey.
redline248
AG
quote:
Yeah, but Joffrey's assassination was orchestrated by the Tyrells and he (the HS) had two of them in his custody. Including one who was broken through torture. It's very possible the HS knew who actually killed Joffrey.
Loras didn't know who killed Joff, and Margarey wasn't telling
marble rye
AG
What do you think the HS told Tommen?
smokeythebear
AG
Guys, the secret Tommen told Cersei was that Margery was going to have her walk of atonement.

If it was anything other than that, then it would have come out and become a plotline before all of those characters were blown to pieces.

Edit: Actually, I don't think "pieces" is even the right noun.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Loras didn't know who killed Joff, and Margarey wasn't telling

Not to mention that if he knew who killed Joffrey he would have had Olenna imprisoned as well. And maybe LF if he knew before he left.
redline248
AG
I already said that
marble rye
AG
Hmmm. Probably so.
jbanda
AG
Green tinged ash.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Any thoughts on what's next for Melisandra?

quote:
I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes... eyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again.

You know, it just occurred to me that Mel was on Arya's list at some point. Any chance she can kill her and steal her face?

Although that begs the question, would she have an old face or a young face? Does she take the necklace?
smokeythebear
AG
Haha, pretty funny thought.

I would think the magic doesn't come with the old wrinkly face. And I doubt the necklace works on just anyone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I am never catching up with this thread.

Took a few days though.
JCRiley09
AG
Maybe an elementary level question, but after Jamie killed the mad King, was Viserys technically King or (assuming Rhaegar and Lyanna were properly married) was baby Jon the king?

Obviously it doesn't matter because Robert took the throne. Just wondering and thinking it would explain why the Kingsguard were protecting Jon. "Kingsguard does not flee then or now"
SwigAg11
AG
Viserys would have been King by succession.
JCRiley09
AG
quote:
thanks
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

Instead he was a king by secession.
Really???
quote:
That depends on Aegon's legitimacy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm ccurious, why is there so little known about Ned's mother? How did she die?
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.