***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,059 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So what are the odds that HBO takes a couple of years off after Game of thrones and starts up a prequel series to GOT?
JJxvi
AG
Loras Tyrell of the books is basically a teenage version of Jaime Lannister, but the show dropped all of that in favor of playing up the mostly unspoken aspect of sexual orientation in the books.
marble rye
AG
quote:
I completely agree with smokey. Cersei ain't getting married again, with the very, very small outside shot she decides to say F it and marry Jaime. Which I doubt.

Tywin once said on the show that she should have been a son, as she was more fit to lead and politically minded. I think she takes that and runs with her queen status.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
So with Tommen taking a header out of the tower, Kevan Lannister and Lancel Faith Militant (nee' Lannister) blown up does that put Lannister on the house extinction list?

It's not really touched on in the show apart from the young Lannister captives being killed by Lord Karstark but in the books King Robb kills a whole bunch of Lannisters when he decamps from Riverrun to take Casterly Rock.

That effectively leaves Cersei and Jaime.

And we know Cersei isn't long for this world. Will Jaime live to knock up Brienne or will he kill himself after he potentially offs Cersei or might he die in a battle with Tormund over Brienne?
you cannot swing a stick in the Western lands without hitting a Lannister. There are plenty of Collateral relatives who could be designated as the heir.
DCPD158
AG
quote:
So what are the odds that HBO takes a couple of years off after Game of thrones and starts up a prequel series to GOT?
I could go with The Tales of Dunk and Egg. Could make for a few seasons
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
DCPD158
AG
quote:
quote:
So with Tommen taking a header out of the tower, Kevan Lannister and Lancel Faith Militant (nee' Lannister) blown up does that put Lannister on the house extinction list?

It's not really touched on in the show apart from the young Lannister captives being killed by Lord Karstark but in the books King Robb kills a whole bunch of Lannisters when he decamps from Riverrun to take Casterly Rock.

That effectively leaves Cersei and Jaime.

And we know Cersei isn't long for this world. Will Jaime live to knock up Brienne or will he kill himself after he potentially offs Cersei or might he die in a battle with Tormund over Brienne?
you cannot swing a stick in the Western lands without hitting a Lannister. There are plenty of Collateral relatives who could be designated as the heir.
Tyrion Lannister?
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
redline248
AG
If Dany wins, Tyrion being granted Casterly Rock is the most likely outcome.
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
Loves Betrayal is gonna be Jaime killing Cersei for the good of the people and Kingdom.

"Queen Slayer"

A bit better of a nickname.
tremble
AG
Damn, what a season, just marathoned the last few episodes.

The Battle of the *******s was incredible, but the Wildfyre in the sept was something I totally was not expecting until Lancel made it to the basement with the barrels.

Agreed with the posters who say Cersei has 0 ****s to give at this point. She's totally detached now and going to become the Mad Queen. Against her are arrayed Dany, her Khalasar, the Unsullied, the Tyrells, the Martells, and whatever troops she's bringing from her stay in Mereen.

Meanwhile, Jon and Sansa are taking the North which means they have the North, the remaining Wildings, the Vale, and whatever is left in the Riverlands now.

Cersei is pretty much boned.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
Damn, what a season, just marathoned the last few episodes.

The Battle of the *******s was incredible, but the Wildfyre in the sept was something I totally was not expecting until Lancel made it to the basement with the barrels.

Agreed with the posters who say Cersei has 0 ****s to give at this point. She's totally detached now and going to become the Mad Queen. Against her are arrayed Dany, her Khalasar, the Unsullied, the Tyrells, the Martells, and whatever troops she's bringing from her stay in Mereen.

Meanwhile, Jon and Sansa are taking the North which means they have the North, the remaining Wildings, the Vale, and whatever is left in the Riverlands now.

Cersei is pretty much boned.
I honestly wonder how much the North really has to offer in terms of numbers, availability of troops, resources after so much strife and conflict.
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
quote:
Loves Betrayal is gonna be Jaime killing Cersei for the good of the people and Kingdom.

"Queen Slayer"

A bit better of a nickname.

Cersi claimed that nickname when she killed Loras
PatAg
AG
False. Everyone sings the Peter Dinklage song. It is known
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
Guess it's too much to ask to not devolve this thread into an argument about Christianity?

That is the Old Testament, so Judaism.
Rex Racer
AG
Some of you keep looking for Lanister heirs. The heir would be a Baratheon, not a Lanister.
redline248
AG
Not for Casterly Rock. Also, what other Baratheons are there to inherit the Iron Throne?
PatAg
AG
Damn, good point. I know nothing
Sapper Redux
quote:
Not for Casterly Rock. Also, what other Baratheons are there to inherit the Iron Throne?

The spirit ghost that Melisandre birthed is still out there, right?
tremble
AG
Yeah, they're probably pretty close to tapped out. I think I remember them saying that if they managed to unite the other houses against Bolton's men, they would have about 5,000. They didn't get much help for the battle, around 2500 which was mostly wildings, so there's about another 2,500 men in the North who are in fighting shape.
Dr. Gonzo
quote:

Still rowing...
BowSowy
AG
I think Littlefinger meets his demise at the hands of Sansa, Sweet Robin, and Yohn Royce. I think the death of Lysa will somehow come up and Robin will order Littlefinger killed which will be by Yohn's hand.
PatAg
AG

Point is, the more you deep dive into the background and the motivations of characters, the easier it is to predict things and, while that is awesome at times, it also takes away some of the suspense and fun. I see it both ways. My path is chosen, but I try not to say things like "Jon's father could actually be the Mad King" on the show only thread because I don't want to ruin that "surprise" factor for those who like still being surprised.

What the **** are you talking about?
Malcolm52
AG
Who currently has control of Casterly Rock? Highgarden? Storm's End?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

Point is, the more you deep dive into the background and the motivations of characters, the easier it is to predict things and, while that is awesome at times, it also takes away some of the suspense and fun. I see it both ways. My path is chosen, but I try not to say things like "Jon's father could actually be the Mad King" on the show only thread because I don't want to ruin that "surprise" factor for those who like still being surprised.

What the **** are you talking about?
agreed.

She spent a year in the Tower of Joy with the Mad King anywhere around and gave birth at the end of that time just prior to Ned arriving. How the heck could it be the Mad Kings kid?

Only Rhaegar and his knights were there and I doubt it was the knights. Rhaegar would have them killed if they touched her.

It's Rhaegar's kid with Lyanna. Any other conclusion is stupid.
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:

The Lannister's still control Casterly Rock. They still control the iron throne, why wouldn't they control their own ancestral home?
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Loras Tyrell of the books is basically a teenage version of Jaime Lannister, but the show dropped all of that in favor of playing up the mostly unspoken aspect of sexual orientation in the books.
yes and the show also portrays Yara as a badass bisexual and of course Oberyn is one of the greatest characters and the show emphasized his bisexuality more than the books.
Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

The Lannister's still control Casterly Rock. They still control the iron throne, why wouldn't they control their own ancestral home?
and

Storm's End - presumably Cersei. there is no Baratheon alive except *******s of Robert. His brothers and their spouses and his "legit" kids are all dead. There could be unknown to us members of House Baratheon I suppose.

Highgarden - I would assume Olenna by default. again there could be unknown members of the house - certainly in the books there were more but not worth speculating on the books since Mace is alive in the books.
FIDO95
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

and

Storm's End - presumably Cersei. there is no Baratheon alive except *******s of Robert. His brothers and their spouses and his "legit" kids are all dead. There could be unknown to us members of House Baratheon I suppose.

Highgarden - I would assume Olenna by default. again there could be unknown members of the house - certainly in the books there were more but not worth speculating on the books since Mace is alive in the books.

We are spending a lot time back in forth on who inherits what and why this or that person is the rightful heir. I admit I have spent a lot of time getting caught up on wether or not Rhaegar and Lyanna had a lawful wedding and hence, is Jon a ******* or rightful king.

I think the truth lies in what Qyburn stated, "The old must die to make way for the new". Dany is coming with fire and the WW are coming with ice. The wheel with all its rules, gods, and traditions of old are about to be shattered. None of it will matter. I am starting to think/hope that in dreams of Spring, it will all be built back up in a world where the character of person will hold more weight then your lot of being an imp or *******. GRRM is going to give us a Utopia. ...Then he is going to nuke it because he is a mother f*****.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SoTXAg09
AG
It's very obvious she is ****ed. But at this point in time, she is sitting on the throne. And no other army has gone west to take Casterly Rock from the Lannisters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am never catching up with this thread.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cersi has no control of anything. Just because she has been crowned queen doesn't mean much. She doesn't control the north, the iron islands, dorne and high garden. The iron throne is nearly bankrupt and without an army. The lannisters are not near as rich as they claim and there is no indication anyone outside of kings landing acknowledges her control. Including other lannisters.
She still has a very powerful Lannister army, led by Jaime. She also still has the King's Guard and she has the royal decree. Sure, her power is much more limited than say, Joffrey's was, but if she sends for someone to come to King's Landing, they either come or they are outright rebelling from the crown and there are still a lot of people who frown upon that in the Seven Kingdoms.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
True. I thought people were talking about the Iron Throne.

As far as I know, there aren't any more Bartheons who are not *******s (actually, there NEVER were) unless Robert, Renly, and Stannis have some cousins. But Lannisters certainly don't have a claim to the throne.
JJxvi
AG
Who is she gonna summon? She isn't the queen in Dorne or the Reach, she's not the queen of the North, or apparently the Vale, because for some reason all those guys cheered for ******* Jon Snow, deserter of the Night's Watch. No idea who is in charge of the Riverlands since Frey was murdered, but I guess since we seem to be going on the assumption that it's whatever random character takes it or who we happen to have seen before it might be Brutus Tully. Or it could be Arya since it seems like you can just murder someone and everybody will throw down and support you after killing their Lord.

Anyway it's just a very entertaining soap opera at this point, you can pretty much stop assuming that things are gonna make any kind of political or historical sense.
Apache
AG
quote:
She still has a very powerful Lannister army, led by Jaime. She also still has the King's Guard and she has the royal decree. Sure, her power is much more limited than say, Joffrey's was, but if she sends for someone to come to King's Landing, they either come or they are outright rebelling from the crown and there are still a lot of people who frown upon that in the Seven Kingdoms.
The look by Jamie led me to believe he won't be backing her for much longer.
She has the respect/loyal command of no one except the King's Guard. The people of King's Landing have always hated her, which was very clear on her walk of atonement.

As for outright rebelling, basically the entire continent of Westeros is already in rebellion against the Lannisters with the exception of the Freys, who are basically toast at this point.
redline248
AG
There are still a ton of Freys in the Riverlands, and presumably whomever old Walder had controlling Riverrun will inherit the Twins. I will say that there is likely to be a lot of struggle and chaos, now, with Walder dead. What did the Lannisters/Freys do with the Tully soldiers at Riverrun?

So you think Jon is a deserter? That's cute.
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.