***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,574 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I don't think anyone has posted it yet (a lot of posts to go through today) but Sansa said something to the effect of the Bolton house or line dying with Ramsay. I don't think it's something she would say if she was going to bear his child, even if under a different surname. When he said he had changed her, I think he just meant by destroying what little (if any) innocence Joffrey had left behind.
I agree. I don't think Sansa is pregnant. Primarily because of the time elapsed between escaping Winterfell and then retaking Winterfell; surely we would have seen something. Also, there are, what, 14 episodes left? I think we are past the point where the writers will start introducing new story lines and will, instead, focus on wrapping up story lines that have been developing for years. Adding a Bolton baby story line would be really forced, I think.
MW03
AG
quote:
I'm laughing at you folks who think this has any kind of traditional happy ending - Jon and Dany, Sansa as Wardeness of the North, Tyrion as master of anything, the Iron Throne assumed by "good guys" (whomever that might be). The remaining lines of the houses don't matter a lick.

That whole world is going to be different. Changed. I have zero idea what GRRM has in mind for the story arc, but there is zero chance it is a normal ending with all the questions answered and the bow neatly tied on top. His goal is to turn paradigms on end. Either the WW's will turn out to have the justification and they rule, or the government left standing will look nothing like the city-state monarchies currently ruling.

This series has always been about strong women, often overtaking flawed, supposedly powerful men.

Cersei over Robert. Lysa over John. Melisandra over Stannis. Dany over Viserys (and everyone). Marj manipulates her kings. The Queen of Thrones against Tywin. The ascension of Yara compared to the emasculated Theon. The transformation of Arya into a brutal assassin. The transformation of Sansa from scared girl into cunning lady. LSH.

Meanwhile, every strong man has been killed or emasculated. Robert. Jaime. Ned. Stannis. Joff. Renly. Tywin. Blackfish. Theon. Ramsay. Roose. Jorah. Etc.

The men that are left? Tyrion is a half man. Varys and Grey Worm are eunichs.

The only ones that dont fit are Jon and Littlefinger.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Jaime. Sam. Bran. The Hound. Beric. Gendry (in the books).
MW03
AG
quote:
Jaime. Sam. Bran. The Hound.

Jamie's identity (sword fighter) was taken from him and he's beholden to his sister. Sam is whipped and by Gilly. Bran is paralyzed and depends entirely on Meera now, though Benjen McColdhands complicates things a bit. The Hound was "killed" by one woman and left for dead by another
Burrus86
AG
quote:
quote:

Jamie's identity (sword fighter) was taken from him and he's beholden to his sister. Sam is whipped and by Gilly. Bran is paralyzed and depends entirely on Meera now, though Benjen McColdhands complicates things a bit. The Hound was "killed" by one woman and left for dead by another

So how is Brienne going to emasculate Tormund?
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

So how is Brienne going to emasculate Tormund?
by stealing him and ****ing him like a bear
MW03
AG
Snoo snoo?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

He has a new identity and he loves his sister, he isn't beholden to her. Sam is not whipped, and he is standing up for himself for the first time. Bran is the most powerful person in the story, and has Meera completely whipped to him. The Hound is slaughtering and being a badass in general.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Lysa over John.
You lost me. Lysa wasn't a strong, powerful woman. She was simply bat**** crazy and murdered her own husband.
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
Well that's why she was killed off. Seems like half the plots are about how women can't inherit this or that, but the subtext is that they continue to be the most powerful players in the story.
bkag9824
AG
Jon: ...they won't be able hit us the way that Stannis hit you in a double envelopment

Tormund: blank stare

Jon: awkward pause.....a pincer move

Tormund: looking at Jon and Davos for answers

Jon: (looking at Davos...are you serious right now?). They won't be able to hit us from the sides.

Tormund: Good.

Have watched that like 10 times & I keep losing it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Except for the guy who literally ended a war by himself.

And the guy who started a war by himself.

And the guy who has amassed all the commoners in Westeros to his cause.
MW03
AG
?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm laughing at you folks who think this has any kind of traditional happy ending - Jon and Dany, Sansa as Wardeness of the North, Tyrion as master of anything, the Iron Throne assumed by "good guys" (whomever that might be). The remaining lines of the houses don't matter a lick.

That whole world is going to be different. Changed. I have zero idea what GRRM has in mind for the story arc, but there is zero chance it is a normal ending with all the questions answered and the bow neatly tied on top. His goal is to turn paradigms on end. Either the WW's will turn out to have the justification and they rule, or the government left standing will look nothing like the city-state monarchies currently ruling.

This series has always been about strong women, often overtaking flawed, supposedly powerful men.

Cersei over Robert. Lysa over John. Melisandra over Stannis. Dany over Viserys (and everyone). Marj manipulates her kings. The Queen of Thrones against Tywin. The ascension of Yara compared to the emasculated Theon. The transformation of Arya into a brutal assassin. The transformation of Sansa from scared girl into cunning lady. LSH.

Meanwhile, every strong man has been killed or emasculated. Robert. Jaime. Ned. Stannis. Joff. Renly. Tywin. Blackfish. Theon. Ramsay. Roose. Jorah. Etc.

The men that are left? Tyrion is a half man. Varys and Grey Worm are eunichs.

The only ones that dont fit are Jon and Littlefinger.

I disagree.

This series has always been about PEOPLE that come from nothing or are stripped of everything and overcome incredible odds. And all of the surviving characters in power fit into this.

Note: thats partly based on who I expect to survive much longer too....

On reading book one 1 picked out Jon, Dany and Tyrion as fitting this and likely the three surviving victors.
There are others too though that fit the mold currently and likely will play a part.
PRIMARY

Dany - entire family killed except her brother, on the run in a far away foreign land with nothing to her name, sold to a khal for an army for her brother

Tyrion - a dwarf who is ostracized by his own family, basically disowned by his father, blamed for his mothers death, called a freak and constantly underestimated who gets by on his wits.

Jon - presumably a ******* who gives up any semblance of a normal life in an honorable family to go to the wall and make a name for himself. Doubted all along by every person in power he meets (Mance, Thorne, Stannis, even Jeor until he proved himself, Ramsay of course).

also currently you have some other minor players who have risen from next to nothing
SECONDARY

Bran - thrown out a window and crippled he thought he thought his life was useless until he found out he had the power to greensee and warg.

Littlefinger - a lord of a house so small it had no real land or castles, very meager and undistinguished family, who has risen to now control armies and some kingdoms

Varys - a eunuch who was born a slave and had his junk cut off by a sorcerer and was left to die. Rose up to become a master spy and thief and ascended to a seat on the small council.

Sam - a fat kid basically thrown out by his own father, goes to the wall, nearly dies, ends up killing a white walker and saving Gilly. He may play a part still (at the Citadel) in discovering soemthing important that helps Jon.

Those are your characters who will shape the end story here mostly.

But there are still a few more who fit the mold although they will likely be side players at most and/or dead for someones cause or through their own arrogance and ambition.
TERTIARY

The High Sparrow - presumably rose from a common man preaching and walking barefoot among the people to lead an entire religious uprising that nearly controls KL if not the entire kingdom at this point.

Theon - maybe not ruling anything currently but he was tortured and basically had his name stricken and was castrated too.

Brienne - her mother died and all of her siblings died in their youth yet she survived. But she is an outcast because of her freakish size and strength and will likely never marry or have children.

Jamie - perhaps fits the mold least but in the end he has lost nearly all of his family (and undoubtedly will lose the rest - or kill one of them himself) and he also lost his hand which gave him his greatest asset (fighting) and now has lost his position on the kingsguard as well.

Sansa - really a late entry into this herself, she seemingly had everything but lost her mother and siblings were strewn to the 4 corners of the world. she also lost her promised seat on the throne, was humiliate to marry the dwarf, then lost him and was married off to a tyrant and maniac who she had to escape from. now she is wiser and at least playing the game and rising back up. I just don't think she ends up as a major player.

Anyway. That is the recurring theme and story of GOT.

I've always believed it will be Jon, Dany and Tyrion in the end with assists from Varys, Littlefinger and Bran ( and maybe Sam).

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
you could throw Jorah and Grey Worm in there as well.

Short version - the meek shall inherit this world.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Jaime killed the mad King to end a war.

Littlefinger killed Jon Arryn to start one.

The High Sparrow has amassed all of the commoners in Westeros to his cause.
bangobango
AG
quote:
you could throw Jorah and Grey Worm in there as well.

Short version - the meek shall inherit this world.

And Davos.
MW03
AG
Interesting point, ZJS. I don't necessarily disagree, but then again I don't think there has to be only one motif.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Interesting point, ZJS. I don't necessarily disagree, but then again I don't think there has to be only one motif.

I don't either - but it seems to manifest itself in a lot of characters....and a lot that are ending up in positions of power now. With the arrogant and inherited rulers all falling away by their own fighting each other or their own greed or the like.

And it's MOSTLY about the primary players - I think they just also align with and identify with the other lesser players who also come from nothing and associate with them. together they achieve more. Surely not all of them will survive - as I said some will be sacrificed basically for the overall good of one of their causes.
MW03
AG
Do you discount the female angle entirely?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Do you discount the female angle entirely?

No. I mean there are females that fit that. Dany particularly.

But i don't think it's some authors conspiracy to have the women end up in control. A woman might but it's not just for the sake or proving women are superior or emasculating all men.

I think it's mostly to show that those who are given everything don't always do the right thing. That includes women like cersei. And that the system is broken and outdated. It just so happens that system was dominated by men. So they are naturally the losers in the revolution.
Brock Sampson
AG
Noob question here, but has there been anybody in the books with a lineage comparable to Jon Snow's (if R+L is true)?
MW03
AG
Well I didn't articulate my thoughts well if I implied some kind of conspiracy to show that women are somehow inherently superior to men. Only that the men in this show continuously discount the women around them and often to their ultimate detriment. Dany in particular. She's been treated like a possession since the start of the show, from her brother to Khal Drogo to Hizdahr to the Temple of the Dosh Kahleen. Even Tyrion assumed Varys was talking about meeting a king when they first left for Mereen.
nikator
AG
For all the discussion about the valonquar..the prophecy in the show makes no mention of it.

For all we know Walder Frey may kill Jamie in Episode 10
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
nikator
AG
quote:
quote:
Or, maybe they have statues bc when Ned became Lord of Winterfell he ordered statues to be made for them.

Why does everything have to be so freaking complicated?
Yea, and I'm fairly certain the books mention it being unusual that he erected a statue of Lyanna.

I doubt any Stark had that many relatives die in such short order often
The details will not come out till the next Dunk and Egg book, but the Starks faced a succession crisis around 211 AC when 4 recent widows claimed Winterfell on the death of Beron Stark. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Beron_Stark

And Beron's two oldest sons died young, one fighting the wildlings.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
redline248
AG
quote:
The details will not come out till the next Dunk and Egg book
Which, knowing Martin, will be completed and printed before Winds of Winter.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
For all the discussion about the valonquar..the prophecy in the show makes no mention of it.

For all we know Walder Frey may kill Jamie in Episode 10

Well it could be still part of the prophecy. We saw this after Joffrey had already died.

They may have chosen to break it up so that the other part is shown as another flashback when's it becomes relevant. They could simply have her return to the fortune teller at a later time in the show. Audiences are not likely to retain that info over several seasons.

It's also possible that it comes true regardless of whether they show us that or not. I mean it isn't necessary that he entire plot be prophecized. Although book readers would prefer it.
jamaggie06
AG
Am I the only one who got nervous when Jon pulled his sword in the scene with the cavalry charging? Very reminscent of Stannis doing the same when he was told "there isn't going to be a seige my lord."

I was sitting there thinking "****, what was the point of Jon coming back?"

But then, the outcome shifted and all was well.
Post removed:
by user
No1home
My prediction...

Cersei will face trial and she will be found guilty by the seven and be handed down a terrible punishment (HS getting cocky thinking he has more control/power than he does.) Tommen, unable to deal with failure to protect his mother for a second time, commits suicide by throwing himself out a tower window. Cersei, having lost her last child finally goes over the edge and decides to implement the final option, burn KL to the ground with green fire.

Jaime, having returned to KL to late to save Cersei or Tommen, is faced with his sister implementing the Mad Kings final solution. The very reason he dishonored himself to prevent. In desperation he tries to convince his sister to give up the plan but fails, and with no other options, strangles his sister.
AgLiving06
quote:
quote:
The details will not come out till the next Dunk and Egg book
Which, knowing Martin, will be completed and printed before Winds of Winter.

I'll be shocked if Martin ever completes another book for GOT.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
I'm wondering if the red witch charmed Jon... The previews showed a scene where it implies she did something to him. "Aren't you going to tell him what you did to him?" All the arrows missing Jon seemed unreal. Until the preview I took it as luck / destiny. I wonder what that little tidbit turns into.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I'm wondering if the red witch charmed Jon... The previews showed a scene where it implies she did something to him. "Aren't you going to tell him what you did to Her?"
Davos knows what happened to Shireen and wants Melisandre to tell Jon was she did. He says "her", not "him"
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Yeah in the preview he says something about telling Jon what she (the red witch) did to her (Shireen). I think that's all that was
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.