***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,612 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
"turn heel"?
Go bad
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
"turn heel"?
Heel = bad guy in wrestling.
Babyface = good guy in wrestling
"Turn heel" = swapping from baby face to heel.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Turn heel? Really? Bad enough grown men watch wrestling.
MW03
AG
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMNIT!

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Turn heel? Really? Bad enough grown men watch wrestling.
It is a fairly common term and not only used in wrestling.

I don't think Mr Brian Earl Spilner has any room to judge what people watch on TV.
redline248
AG
WWE might be the one form of entertainment to rival star wars in terms of money made

*I have no idea if this is close to accurate
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Wrestling talk or terms would make me quit this thread faster than any amount of crazy theories talk.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Wrestling talk or terms would make me quit this thread faster than any amount of crazy theories talk.
I really think Jon Snow is the Macho Man of the series while Arie is more Jake the Snake Roberts. Oooohh Yeaaah
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I want to see the following GoT Wrestlmania Matches:

Hound vs Mountain (duh)
Joffrey vs Ramsay (****s)
Melisandre vs New Red Priestess (bewbs)
Maester Pycelle vs Walder Frey (olds)
Sansa vs Margerey (red heads)
Jaime vs Tormund vs Brienne (Battle for Brienne)
Farmer1906
AG
We need a tag team match.

Jamie & Bron vs Jorah & Daario.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMNIT!

This clip gets me every damn time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
+1000

There's fantasy nerds, then there's grown men watching wrestling.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
We need a tag team match.

Jamie & Bron vs Jorah & Daario.
I hate that I instigated this WWE de-rail, but I would love to see this tag team.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
thats it......if only i could hang a few people before i go, but that's hard to do online....

MY WATCH HAS ENDED

you're in charge BES

redline248
AG
See ya, losers! Go have fun trying to be relevant in the WCW Game of Thrones thread

JJxvi
AG
A Dany heel turn would be GRRM totally redeeming himself.
smokeythebear
AG
Would y'all rather Dany heel turn or die?
Mathguy64
AG
Of course somewhere about the time he lost his hand Jaime turned face.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stannis already did that. Doing the same to Dany would be redundant/repetitive.
JJxvi
AG
Stannis already did that....in the show.
JJxvi
AG
Thanks for spoiling that *******. You're a real do-gooder.
Ol Jock 99
AG
You serious Clark?
smokeythebear
AG
Wait, are you implying that Stannis was a GOOD guy early on? Remember how he had his younger brother assassinated?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm implying a lot of people seemed to have started to root for him later on. Not that I'm one of them.
hunter2012
AG
Dany is at her best when she inspires those around her, she obviously has a distaste for ruling a status quo. It could be what's left of her idealistic youth. She wants to change the world and she has the dragons and military to pull it off.

I'm thinking an Alexander the Great type, she needs to conquer to maintain power. Or else the nobles under her will destabilize the power base every time.

Also she may leave Mereen to Missandei and Grey Worm. But she does appear to be done with her crusade in Slaver's Bay.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
Wait, are you implying that Stannis was a GOOD guy early on? Remember how he had his younger brother assassinated?
*Assassinated his younger brother, who was trying to usurp his rightful throne thereby avoiding bloodshed of a civil war scale between two armies with what should be a common enemy.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Also she may leave Mereen to Missandei and Grey Worm. But she does appear to be done with her crusade in Slaver's Bay.
Well they've done a fantastic job so far. If not for Tyrion, they'd be dead.
WoMD
Back to the parallels of characters...Dany and Jon. Both were basically run off (killed or tried to kill) by the people they were in charge of protecting, who saw what he/she was doing as against the very culture of the place. And once run off, they're both done with it, ready to move on. Jon leaving the Watch and Dany leaving Mereen (hopefully for good) to start rampaging and fulfilling their destinies.
The biggest difference between the two is that people are assuming that Dany will be the villain in her approach to conquering, and Jon will be the savior. But the starting points are basically the same, and at exactly the same times. From here on out perhaps their forward progress will also happen along the same timeframes, just going in different directions.

Should be interesting to watch play out. I, for one, am on board with the Dany=villain theory.
nikator
AG
This is not really new...Brienne's ancestor is hinted at in Book 4 when she recalls the shield in her father's armory

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/05/game-of-thrones-brienne-ser-duncan-the-tall-george-rr-martin

There is also speculation that Dunk is connected to Hodor via some relationship with Old Nan. Bran has a vision in book 5 of a slim girl kissing a really tall knight in the Winterfell grove.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Back to the parallels of characters...Dany and Jon. Both were basically run off (killed or tried to kill) by the people they were in charge of protecting, who saw what he/she was doing as against the very culture of the place. And once run off, they're both done with it, ready to move on. Jon leaving the Watch and Dany leaving Mereen (hopefully for good) to start rampaging and fulfilling their destinies.
The biggest difference between the two is that people are assuming that Dany will be the villain in her approach to conquering, and Jon will be the savior. But the starting points are basically the same, and at exactly the same times. From here on out perhaps their forward progress will also happen along the same timeframes, just going in different directions.

Should be interesting to watch play out. I, for one, am on board with the Dany=villain theory.
Well let's not forget who Dany has been fighting so far. She fought the slave masters of slavers bay and the Dothraki Khals. Neither of those are exactly noble rulers. She's in a part of the world that is forgotten from the rest of the world and where the ancient currency of slavery and pillaging is common. All of her followers think she is a saint, sent to save them from the miserable oppression of their previous rulers.

Now, I know she also gets a little blood-thirsty when she starts talking about Westeros, but all that she knows of the land of Westeros is that her family was murdered there, their cities were sacked, babies were killed, and the only thing the revolving door of rulers seems to have in common is they all want her dead.

It is quite possible that she changes her outlook on other rulers when she meets the likes of Jon, Yara, Sansa, and Tommen.
PatAg
AG
Personally, I think she was just saying what the Dothraki wanted to hear. I can't believe she would be dumb enough to want to "tear down the stone houses".
WoMD
quote:
quote:

Well let's not forget who Dany has been fighting so far. She fought the slave masters of slavers bay and the Dothraki Khals. Neither of those are exactly noble rulers. She's in a part of the world that is forgotten from the rest of the world and where the ancient currency of slavery and pillaging is common. All of her followers think she is a saint, sent to save them from the miserable oppression of their previous rulers.

Now, I know she also gets a little blood-thirsty when she starts talking about Westeros, but all that she knows of the land of Westeros is that her family was murdered there, their cities were sacked, babies were killed, and the only thing the revolving door of rulers seems to have in common is they all want her dead.

It is quite possible that she changes her outlook on other rulers when she meets the likes of Jon, Yara, Sansa, and Tommen.

I guess what i meant (but don't think actually said) was that they are at the same places right now, and this is where it is divergent. They had the best of intentions leading up to this point, but now is the question mark of if they continue on the course they have set, or if the betrayals against their attempts discourage them towards a whole other path.

And a lot of villains at one point are considered a saint, fighting for the little people. But once they get power, it's a matter of what they do with it. Jon doesn't have power at this point, so it doesn't really fit my analogy, but Dany sure as hell does. More than ever before.

I could really see her going either way, but wouldn't be surprised if she says "f essos I'm going west," leaving behind a wake of destruction on the way out the door.
WoMD
quote:
Personally, I think she was just saying what the Dothraki wanted to hear. I can't believe she would be dumb enough to want to "tear down the stone houses".

Umm...she has already proven to not be the smartest of rulers, so destruction might actually be the best way to go about taking westeros in her mind. She has been described as conqueror more than once. Whatever it takes.
redline248
AG
quote:

She was quoting verbatim what Drogo swore after the attempt to assassinate her. I agree that she doesn't really intend to tear down the castles, unless she has to.
redline248
AG
I think it's a safe bet that she will eventually follow the same path of Aegon. He conquered Westeros with minimal destruction. Let's say she shows up with her army and dragons. There are going to be some that know what happened the last time a Targaryen showed up with dragons, and might not be all that eager to resist. Then there are the supposed Targayen supporters, like Randall Tarly, who probably join her cause to get out of the Lanister control. She conquers, but I think Astapor is the only time she flat decimated a place.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.