*** Parks and Rec Final Season ***

51,098 Views | 406 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
First episode, not funny. I guess that happens when you have to explain everything that happened the past three years. Second episode, much better. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Ron versus Leslie angle right now.

Totally agree. First episode just felt weird. By the end of the second episode it was starting to feel a little more like P&R. I wonder if they will actually say what the Mayflower incident was or if it will just be a running joke all year?
Bunk Moreland
I thought both felt weird.

First episode I agree about. Second ep almost felt like the first in a string of many "greatest hits" eps where tons of old characters come back and it muddies up the story. I knew they were planning on bringing back as many people as possible this year, but it just never had the flow of a typical parks ep.

But ep 2 was definitely better. If that's the way the show will feel free its sendoff season , I can definitely get behind that and adjust expectations
CowtownAg06
AG
I'm not really feeling the Leslie and Ron as adversaries plot. Even at his capitalistic core, I can't see Ron hanging out with the Gryzzle dudes. However, I think it's setting up for a flip later in the season where they team up one more time to stop the evil corporation of destroying the park or some deal like that.

April and Andy doing a satire of HGTV shows.... I'm so in.
MGS
- Cubs win the World Series
KAS516
What's behind the MorningStar references? Did I miss something last season, or has this yet to be discovered, due to the time-leap?
boy09
AG
Yet to be discovered.
CivilAg10
AG
I thought it was interesting that Werner Herzog made a cameo at the end of the first episode (the cameo made me chuckle), and then the character interviewing Joan at the beginning of the second episode had the last name Herzog.
MGS
quote:
What's behind the MorningStar references? Did I miss something last season, or has this yet to be discovered, due to the time-leap?

Yep, yet to be discovered.

Probably has something to do with Ron leaving city government and starting his own business since they both happened two years earlier.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Yeah, honestly the first two episodes of this season were pretty meh, apart from everything April and Andy did. I get that they were going to need to find their feet in the new reality of the show, and obviously a lot of things were being set up to close out the entire series, too.

It all seems fairly predictable for what has to happen, but I love this show and am in for the ride.
Bunk Moreland
I posted this after the finale of last season:

quote:
That would have been a glorious series finale.

Of course it will come back and I want it to come back for a final season but that seriously would have been the perfect finish.

I think I'm going to kind of just make my mind realize that the show for all intensive porpoises ended last season. This season is going to be chaotic. They are going to try to write a show around wants, instead of let the story dictate how the show goes. They want to bring back basically every member of Pawnee who has been part of the journey. They want to bring them all back together to work on a big project like the old days. They want to have a big party and send off. They know it's the end so they want to just celebrate while they make it. Which is fine.

For me, I'm basically treating this season as gravy on the top...but for me, the true show ended with that glorious season 6 finale. I'm assuming by looking at it this way, it'll help me enjoy the eps a LOT more, instead of feeling a bit off like last night.
MSCAg
AG
April and Andy have been great. Plaza is super hot in that dress.

Like others have said, the Ron vs. Leslie is weird. I did like the name of Ron's business.
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
quote:
Bye bye Lil Sebastian!
We'll miss you in the saddest fashion...

Luckily, between FXX and Esquire Network, you can find P&R reruns on at pretty much any time.
Seasons 1-6 are on Netflix
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I did like the name of Ron's business.

I wanted to convey our work without sounding flashy
Sex Panther
AG
Couple of things between now and 2017:

The Cubs win the World Series

They rebooted the Bourne series with Kevin James

Shia LaBeouf designs wedding dresses

"What's your job here?"

"I'm the new head coach of the Chicago Bulls"

"No, he"s kidding... he's going to work for a non profit"

"What? I am?? Ahhh... that sucks"
AliasMan02
AG
The things i've been most looking forward to are the glimpses of the future. Those have been great. I'm waiting to see who is president.
Fslip01
Is Ron no longer married to Lucy Lawless with kids?
Gigem Trevas
Thought the episode was ok tonight. Hopefully they are done with this dumb Ron vs Lesley storyline.
CowtownAg06
AG
Bottle episode
PatAg
AG
good episode
Sex Panther
AG
"The Wire Sweeps The Emmys"
Sex Panther
AG
Thought that was one of the best episodes ever
RAM 12
AG
The saxophone fart had me rolling!
CowtownAg06
AG
agree

"Oprah had a turtle farm"
boy09
AG
quote:
He still carries the huge brick cell phone on a belt clip that he got specifically for her kids to be able to call him... Not saying that's definitive evidence or anything, just an observation.
RAM 12
AG
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
agree

"Oprah had a turtle farm"
This was the only part of the song I remembered too.

I love all the predictions for the next couple of years:
- "Khaleesi's marrying Jack Sparrow!"

- "Sales of Chick-Fil-A went through the roof after Elton John bought them."
nai06
AG
man that was great, the singing was hilarious.

I also really liked gerry/terrys bit about being a notary public, specifically the email newletter line.
boy09
AG
quote:
- "Khaleesi's marrying Jack Sparrow!"
It would make sense if you had read the books..
Duncan Idaho
Elton John bought chic Fila
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
He still carries the huge brick cell phone on a belt clip that he got specifically for her kids to be able to call him... Not saying that's definitive evidence or anything, just an observation.

Silly kid, That is not a brick phone.

This is a brick phone
Quinn
AG
quote:

100% agree. Totally loved it. Sepinwall compared it to The Suitcase episode from Mad Men, which is a great comparison.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

100% agree. Totally loved it. Sepinwall compared it to The Suitcase episode from Mad Men, which is a great comparison.
Quinn
AG
I would guess that he is still married, just that they won't show up very often, if at all, just like how we haven't seen Leslie & Ben's triplets, and there have only been two references to them that I remember.
Pahdz
"It's ****ing milk"

Oh man, that got me
israeliag
AG
quote:

Well I now have a crush for Amy Poehler.

Loved the: TV be continued...
...Right now

And Ron whittling a key and unlocking hours office had me rolling

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.