*** Parks and Rec Final Season ***

51,143 Views | 406 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Remember in the beginning when Andy was just a tremendous dick?

Yep. I remember liking the show a lot except for this ******** named Andy.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Ben did have the flag pin, and I doubt that the secret service would advise the president's spouse that it was time to go with the president standing right there.

I thought the pin was a give away, but he was wearing it in 2024.
boy09
AG
quote:
Now I officially have ZERO network comedies to watch. P&R was the last of a dying breed, leaving only formulaic, dumb laugh-tracked crap.
I've picked up New Girl and Brooklyn Nine-Nine in the past year with so many other shows coming to an end. Would definitely recommend.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
quote:
Now I officially have ZERO network comedies to watch. P&R was the last of a dying breed, leaving only formulaic, dumb laugh-tracked crap.
I've picked up New Girl and Brooklyn Nine-Nine in the past year with so many other shows coming to an end. Would definitely recommend.
I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but on New Girl all the characters are too whiny for me to stick with it.
LHIOB
AG
Brooklyn 99 is pretty great. Samberg joked about Leslie Knope taking a visit to the 99.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
Remember in the beginning when Andy was just a tremendous dick?

Yep. I remember liking the show a lot except for this ******** named Andy.
Remember how early on they were trying to pull a Jim and Pam between Leslie and that other dude that was only in the 1st season? I can't even remember his name, but he was like the second most important character on the show that whole season, almost a co-lead. Ron was a complete background character that whole year.
CowtownAg06
AG
I actually just finished the first season, and it's sooo different from the whole show.

Leslie was an idiot, way too Michael Scott
Ron wore a suit and carried a cell phone, way less awesome
Andy became more likeable as the season went on but was still a jerk
Donna had short hair and nothing to do
The rest of the town wasn't featured at all

Mark was actually in most of season 2 as well.

I'm so glad they worked out the kinks (and were given the opportunity).
Quinn
AG
Mark Brandanawicz. They gave up on him dating Leslie pretty quickly, though, if I remember correctly. He dated Ann for most of season 2.
R0GUE
AG
That's crazy I guess I had blocked all that out about him in Season 2. Was that around the same time Leslie was dating Louie CK?

One of the things from the show I'll remember the most is the opening credits. I love Andy's shot, where he gets wide-eyed and points, and the shot of Ron where he pretend-shoots his gun under his arm. It's similar to that moment in The Office where Michael Scott adjusts the Dundee on his desk. All those moments are just completely emblazoned in my mind.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
That's crazy I guess I had blocked all that out about him in Season 2. Was that around the same time Leslie was dating Louie CK?

One of the things from the show I'll remember the most is the opening credits. I love Andy's shot, where he gets wide-eyed and points, and the shot of Ron where he pretend-shoots his gun under his arm. It's similar to that moment in The Office where Michael Scott adjusts the Dundee on his desk. All those moments are just completely emblazoned in my mind.

The Tom smile comes to mind every time I think of Aziz
Quinn
AG
quote:

Ya, I believe so regarding CK and Leslie.

I love the credits, too. I don't even skip them when I would watch episodes off the dvr. The funny part, though, is that most of those shots are from the episode where officials (including Fred Armisen) from their sister city in Venezuela come to visit, which is probably in my bottom three episodes.
Bunk Moreland
agree on credits. Never skip them.

Also...it's time I talk about something in regards to Adam Scott...

...I was PISSED when you left Party Down. Yes, I know Party Down was a floundering premium cable comedy on the lowest premium cable channel on the rung, and Parks was network television and a huge job for you.

Yes, I realized that Party Down wasn't long for this world and Parks was the smart and correct choice for you. However, I still hated you for leaving Party Down. I wanted one more season of that incredibly brilliant show.

HOWEVER....5 years later...I very much appreciate you leaving Party Down and coming to join Parks. Ben & Chris are LITERALLY, 2 of the best major cast auditions to come into a major network show and be able to transition into the feel of the cast so well. I think with The Office, they tried multiple people, but ultimately they struck out with Karen, Erin, and the rest of the 2nd half of that show. Only Andy was able to come into an established group and work to perfection.

Leslie, Ron, Tom, April & Andy were THE show at the time...but at the time(midway through season 2) Parks looked like a 4 season arc that would be an under appreciated show that was hilarious. The addition to Ben and Chris gave the show stability and a purpose. It changed the entire dynamic without changing it at all, if that makes sense. It opened up so many more doors for them to explore.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
...I was PISSED when you left Party Down. Yes, I know Party Down was a floundering premium cable comedy on the lowest premium cable channel on the rung, and Parks was network television and a huge job for you.

Yes, I realized that Party Down wasn't long for this world and Parks was the smart and correct choice for you. However, I still hated you for leaving Party Down. I wanted one more season of that incredibly brilliant show.

HOWEVER....5 years later...I very much appreciate you leaving Party Down and coming to join Parks. Ben & Chris are LITERALLY, 2 of the best major cast auditions to come into a major network show and be able to transition into the feel of the cast so well. I think with The Office, they tried multiple people, but ultimately they struck out with Karen, Erin, and the rest of the 2nd half of that show. Only Andy was able to come into an established group and work to perfection.
Couldn't agree more.
Sex Panther
AG
There was no way Party Down was coming back. The season 2 (and series) finale was watched by 16,000 people.

Adam Scott does have the distinction of being on two of the funniest shows in history though.
Max Power
AG
Sad its gone, but I'm way happier it went out on a high note. I used to love The Office but stopped watching at the end just because it went downhill, though the finale was good. Going out with a great final season is so much better than to lose interest.

I agree that seeing the ratings to The Voice is really depressing, it's why most people are terrible.

Before the finale aired I thought it would be nice if they did a comedic Six Feet Under finale, which they kind of did. Plan on watching it again tonight to see if I missed anything.

Five thousand candles in the wind, indeed.

quote:
Adam Scott does have the distinction of being on two of the funniest shows in history though.

Don't forget Boy Meets World.
MrPlow2010
AG
Sad this show is over. I have the opening theme song set as my wife's ringtone. It always puts me in a good mood before I answer her calls.
Sex Panther
AG
I literally don't understand this country sometimes...

Two and a Half Men Series Finale Ratings:
13.52 million viewers

Parks and Recreation Series Finale Ratings:
4.2 million viewers
R0GUE
AG
So my theory is and I REALLY hope its the truth, is that a ton of people who love Parks & Rec are also the type of people who don't watch live tv anymore. They only watch tv on Hulu and Netflix. Which means a lot of the prime audience for this show is literally a season behind.

I base this off of anecdotal evidence, as I know several people I work with really enjoy P&R but they consume it this way, through streaming, and don't want me talking about it with them because they are behind.

So its not that good programming is necessarily dead, but the watercooler is.
chipotle
quote:
13.52 million viewers

bwhahahahahahaha...fart jokes
powerbelly
AG
quote:
So my theory is and I REALLY hope its the truth, is that a ton of people who love Parks & Rec are also the type of people who don't watch live tv anymore.
This is me for all network shows. Parks and Rec is the only show I watched the night it came on.

Sports and HBO are about all I keep cable for.
AliasMan02
AG
The big improvement from Season 1 onward was the writers figuring out that Leslie had to be the straight man.
Mr. White
quote:

13.52 million viewers

4.2 million viewers
That's pretty much about exactly what I'd expect.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

13.52 million viewers

4.2 million viewers
That's pretty much about exactly what I'd expect.

Oh I did too, I was just curious. By the way, Parks pulled their highest rating in 3 years.

The highest rated Parks and Rec episode was the pilot at 6.77 million. While the highest rated Two and a Half Men ep had a whopping 28 million viewers, although that was the first one after Charlie Sheen left, and I'll admit that even I tuned in for that one.
chipotle
There was a ton of buzz surrounding charlie sheen and ashton kutcher (I should know, I watch a ton of daytime tv). I never really saw a whole lot of anything from the actors from P&R aside from amy poehler and Rob lowe and even then those guys never held a candle to the publicity of sheen and kutcher. That's my guess on those ratings numbers.

And from what I've learned from watching daytime tv is that it's content is geared towards morons like myself. Fascinating really.
MW03
AG
If I wanted to sound like a conceited *******, I'd point out that there are a lot of dumb people in the world.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
There was no way Party Down was coming back.
They did do a quick cameo in "Childrens Hospital"

cajunaggie08
AG
The sooner you accept that Idiocracy was a documentary, the more the ratings make sense.

All kidding aside, my parents love watching 2 and half men. They are also the same generation that complains that the cable boxes dont show the channel number anymore. There is some truth to be told that your typical parks and rec viewer probably isn't someone who watched most of the episodes on NBC. The millennial generation takes in entertainment content in a very different way than waiting for your show to air at its designated time each week.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
There was no way Party Down was coming back. The season 2 (and series) finale was watched by 16,000 people.

Who is the poster that went to the Party Down screening in Austin with the cast? I had planned on going and then something came up and my buddy and I canceled. We still talk about how much we wish we should have gone to that.

Its a shame no one saw Party Down because its amazing. The cast is out of the is world and they had insane chemistry for such a short run. Rob Thomas should kickstart a Party Down movie. I bet they could make it for less than $1M. Plus, they would have Oscar wining JK Simmons to sell some tickets!

NSFW but awesome
AliasMan02
AG
Is the most amazing thing about the runs of 30 Rock and Parks and Rec that we never saw guest spots for Amy and Tina, reapectively?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

Who is the poster that went to the Party Down screening in Austin with the cast?

It was me... It was awesome. Ken Marino is seriously one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Ryan Hansen was very cool too. Didn't get to talk to Adam Scott or Lizzy Caplan though.

I also met Nick Offerman there and took a picture with him. Another very cool dude. He mooned the whole theater from the balcony.
Rudyjax
AG
Confession: I started watching Parks and Rec because Chris Pratt was the best part of 7 year engagement.
LHIOB
AG
The FBI on Macklin
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Confession: I started watching Parks and Rec because Chris Pratt was the best part of 7 year engagement.
False, the sweaters were the best part of the 7 Year Engagement
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:

Ok. 2nd best part.
boy09
AG
quote:
quote:
Was that the sequel to the 5 Year Engagement?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.