*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,198 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hans Zimmer AND 80's aesthetic? I'm so down.

I hope he goes full-blown Blade Runner 2049 on this thing.
PatAg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

TCTTS said:

In 100% agreement with all of this. The one thing WB seems to be doing right, at least, is (hopefully) placing Batman back in his own universe from here on out. Then again, they'll likely find a way to screw even that up.

I fully expect them to **** it up.
Quote:

Also, for the record, Ruby Rose was terrible in John Wick 2, and she literally didn't speak a line. Quite an astonishing feat.

I think the only role I have seen her in that she was good was probably on Dark Matter (SyFy) where she had a guest appearance as an assassain android. Have to say I think CW made a bad casting choice here.

It's strange, because I think they knocked it out of the park with Flash and Green Arrow, at least in terms of the two leads.
israeliag
AG
A synthy 80s version of the Wonder Woman theme would be dope.

jabberwalkie09
AG
PatAg said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

TCTTS said:

In 100% agreement with all of this. The one thing WB seems to be doing right, at least, is (hopefully) placing Batman back in his own universe from here on out. Then again, they'll likely find a way to screw even that up.

I fully expect them to **** it up.
Quote:

Also, for the record, Ruby Rose was terrible in John Wick 2, and she literally didn't speak a line. Quite an astonishing feat.

I think the only role I have seen her in that she was good was probably on Dark Matter (SyFy) where she had a guest appearance as an assassain android. Have to say I think CW made a bad casting choice here.

It's strange, because I think they knocked it out of the park with Flash and Green Arrow, at least in terms of the two leads.

Casting on Flash -especially Grant Gustin- has been better than the casting on Arrow and most of of the Legends cast. Though I think that Arrow's problem is largely with the story telling these days.
bearamedic99
AG
Just how many Canaries are there? They never stay dead.
jabberwalkie09
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Just how many Canaries are there? They never stay dead.

Fwiw, I agree. I'm at the point where I don't follow Arrow or any of the shows anymore until they're on Netflix, because after season 4 of Arrow I just didn't give a **** about the characters anymore on top of just not having time to watch all the different shows. Even then, I don't watch them closely as I turn them on when I have to do some work at home and need some background noise.
TCTTS
AG
If they make us watch Thomas Wayne die one more time, I don't know what I'm going to do...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
It gets worse...

Dro07
AG
why would they do that to Thomas Wayne? Is this going to be an SNL skit?
AgMarauder04
AG
Watch. They'll retcon it so pre disaster joker is the killer.
AgfromHOU
AG
Wasn't Joker the killer in 1989 Batman?
TCTTS
AG
That's what I'm thinking. Ala Burton's Batman.
TCTTS
AG
Yep.
TCTTS
AG
Let's say...

- The Joker does kill Thomas Wayne in this version.

- Bruce is eight or so when it happens.

- The movie takes place in 1981, which is what I've read, if I'm not mistaken.

- Matt Reeves' The Batman takes place in the same world, is set present day, and comes out in 2020.

That would make Bruce/Batman roughly 47 in Reeve's version, and the Joker somewhere in his 80s. Neither of which line up with what they're apparently aiming for in The Batman. Unless Reeve's iteration isn't present day, and takes place at some point in the past 25 years or so, which would be kind of random.
TCTTS
AG
Regardless, this is all so ******* stupid. If you're WB, and you're currently developing a new Joker movie AND a new Batman movie simultaneously, how do you not at least put them in the same universe?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

If they make us watch Thomas Wayne die one more time, I don't know what I'm going to do...

GODD@MMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILER WARNINGS NEXT TIME!!!!!! You, of all people, should know better than this!!!!!

Some of us have never seen a single Batman film.

Or read a Batman comic.

Or watched a Batman animated television show.

Or.........
bearamedic99
AG
username checks out
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

It gets worse...

While I'd be ok with seeing Thomas Wayne getting whacked again if it's Alec Baldwin (another huge plus for MI: Fallout) if they seriously make him some Trump parody, then that will be complete bull*****

It's bad enough that crap gets shoehorned in constantly in just about everything, but that is also completely contradictory of Thomas Wayne's character makeup.
toucan82
this is a little out there but hear me out

what if Bruce dies and Thomas becomes Batman?
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

You'll watch the next time he dies like the rest of us.
fig96
AG
toucan82 said:

There's at least one comic arc where Thomas does become Batman in this exact scenario.
jabberwalkie09
AG
fig96 said:

toucan82 said:

There's at least one comic arc where Thomas does become Batman in this exact scenario.

This was my thought, that instead of killing Thomas Wayne they make him Batman. I mean, why would you cast someone like Alec Baldwin just to kill him off.

And as I typed that, I remembered that Godzilla cast Bryan Cranston....
TCTTS
AG
Ha, there's absolutely no way pudgy Alec Baldwin is going to be donning a Batsuit. Especially if he's supposed to be Trump-esque.
AgfromHOU
AG
Hoping that this Joker movie is a one off
FL_Ag1998
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

TCTTS said:

You'll watch the next time he dies like the rest of us.

I was going to say the exact same thing. I love all of you guys who complain as a movie is put together about how horrible it's going to be, and then soon as they start rolling out a few trailers you get all excited thinking maybe this is the time they've turned things around and made an awesome movie.

C'mon TC, you're part of the problem here just like everybody else... you encourage Warner Brothers to keep making these movies every time you plunk down money to go see them in the theaters. If that's how you want to spend your money, no big deal it's your money, just don't act like you're going to do anything other than plunk more money down for the next Batman origin movie they put out.
AgMarauder04
AG
So they're gonna go full anti Trump, huh?

Deniro?
Baldwin playing a cartoony version of Trump?
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Regardless, this is all so ******* stupid. If you're WB, and you're currently developing a new Joker movie AND a new Batman movie simultaneously, how do you not at least put them in the same universe?
honestly, i'm out on the batman movies for a while. i just have no interest in watching these guys continue to flounder around with what should be slam-dunk intellectual property.

there is absolutely no reason that the DCU shouldn't be every bit as entertaining as the MCU.

i have no idea if they'll actually do it, but even the fact that they're considering having thomas wayne be a trump-like character is insanely stupid and short-sighted. regardless of your politics, why do something potentially so polarizing for a movie that you desperately need to be successful?

AliasMan02
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

honestly, i'm out on the batman movies for a while. i just have no interest in watching these guys continue to flounder around with what should be slam-dunk intellectual property.

there is absolutely no reason that the DCU shouldn't be every bit as entertaining as the MCU.

i have no idea if they'll actually do it, but even the fact that they're considering having thomas wayne be a trump-like character is insanely stupid and short-sighted. regardless of your politics, why do something potentially so polarizing for a movie that you desperately need to be successful?

If it happens it will be because it was pitched in a room full of people who think it is a slam dunk great idea.
FTACO97
AG
This is a complete dumpster fire at this point. Literally makes me sick. I'm one of the biggest Batman fans, have read just about every comic story line since the early 90's involving the Bat family. Never has there once, in the past 20+ years, been a concrete back story to Joker. That's part of the point of Joker, no one knows his history. Who he is, what he did before becoming the Joker. Additionally, there's never been a back story on Thomas Wayne where he wasn't a doctor with a big heart who wanted to help people. Making him a Trump-esque business man is a total joke.

Has Geoff Johns just lost all control over there, or worse yet, is the guy who has been involved in many great DC story lines now agreeing with all this and throwing the history out the window and replacing it with crap.

It still boggles my mind how they have been able to **** up Superman and Batman so spectacularly. Two characters that should have been a slam dunk of great films and be true competitors to the MCU.
Bruce Almighty
AG
FTACO97 said:

This is a complete dumpster fire at this point. Literally makes me sick. I'm one of the biggest Batman fans, have read just about every comic story line since the early 90's involving the Bat family. Never has there once, in the past 20+ years, been a concrete back story to Joker. That's part of the point of Joker, no one knows his history. Who he is, what he did before becoming the Joker. Additionally, there's never been a back story on Thomas Wayne where he wasn't a doctor with a big heart who wanted to help people. Making him a Trump-esque business man is a total joke.

Has Geoff Johns just lost all control over there, or worse yet, is the guy who has been involved in many great DC story lines now agreeing with all this and throwing the history out the window and replacing it with crap.

It still boggles my mind how they have been able to **** up Superman and Batman so spectacularly. Two characters that should have been a slam dunk of great films and be true competitors to the MCU.
The Killing Joke. If you're really the Batman fan you claim to be, read it. IMO, its the second greatest Batman story next to Year One.
fig96
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

FTACO97 said:

The Killing Joke. If you're really the Batman fan you claim to be, read it. IMO, its the second greatest Batman story next to Year One.
There's also an interesting alternate origin for him in the New 52 (in the Endgame arc I think), very worth reading if you're into the character.
israeliag
AG
FTACO97 said:

Not sure what his involvement had been until the summer with this, but he's no longer in a Kevin Feige type of role, I think he's more involved with a few films, namely the Green Lantern one, and those already filmed or in production (Aquaman and WW84).
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/geoff-johns-exits-dc-entertainment-writing-producing-deal-1118131
FTACO97
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

FTACO97 said:

I have read the Killing Joke. Not one of my favorites. But that's more of a one off story and still didn't give a deep back story to the Joker. It essentially put him in a similar role to Nicholson's Joker in 89 Batman. My favorite Batman TPB, hands down, is Hush.
FTACO97
AG
israeliag said:

FTACO97 said:

Not sure what his involvement had been until the summer with this, but he's no longer in a Kevin Feige type of role, I think he's more involved with a few films, namely the Green Lantern one, and those already filmed or in production (Aquaman and WW84).
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/geoff-johns-exits-dc-entertainment-writing-producing-deal-1118131
Well that would explain it then I guess. They tried to make him their Feige and then dropped him in less than a year. Either he wasn't any good at it or WB didn't care for being told what to do.
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.