*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,237 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A bit more...

Quote:

"We're not doing any particular [comic]. Year One is one of the many comic books that I love. We are definitely not doing Year One. It's just exciting to be focused very specifically on a tale that is defining for him and very personal to him. Obviously we're not doing an origin tale or anything like that. We're doing a story that is definitively Batman though and trying to tell a story that's emotional and yet is really about him being the world's greatest detective and all the things that for me, since I was a kid, made me love Batman."

YouBet
AG
If he's going the detective Batman route that's going to make some older, hardcore fans very happy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Supergirl

https://deadline.com/2018/08/supergirl-movie-warner-bros-dc-comics-universe-oren-uziel-script-superman-1202440687/
Dro07
AG
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Are you freaking kidding me??? One of the fresh villains people have been clamoring for Batman to take on, and instead he shows up in the Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn buddy flick?
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

TCTTS said:

Are you freaking kidding me??? One of the fresh villains people have been clamoring for Batman to take on, and instead he shows up in the Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn buddy flick?
Beat me to it. Ugh.
Dro07
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. So dumb.
TCTTS
AG
Is there a difference between Batgirl and Batwoman? Because I know they're developing a Batgirl movie. Then again, across film and TV, DC already has two Flashes, three Jokers, two Supermen, a Supergirl TV show, a Supergirl movie in development, etc. It's so insanely absurd. I hate this whole "universe" so much...

AgfromHOU
AG
Batgirl is Barbara Gordon, Stephanie Brown, or Cassandra Cain (normally Gordon)

Batwoman is Kate Kane, Bruce Wayne's cousin. She's openly lesbian and her dad is former military/Martha's brother.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
(Thanks for the explanation, though.)
Dro07
AG
They needed to bring in a LGBT character but didn't want to recon any of the existing characters. It wasn't needed but whatever.
Sex Panther
AG
What AgfromHOU said. I only know about her from reading wikipedia and an easter egg mention in the Arkham games. She's basically just a lesbian character to check the boxes off.

I love Batman, and he's by far my favorite character... but I hate the "Bat-Family" so much. They are so antithetical to what Batman is and his makeup. I can't even stand Robin/Nightwing. Also, I hate Ruby Rose so this is just the biggest "no thanks" I could ever give a show.

Batman should be a loner. Hanging out with Batgirl, and Batwoman and Batdog and whichever Robin isn't dead at the current timeline is so stupid. And I know a lot of people love it, but I really cant stand him teaming up with the Justice League. Batman alongside Aquaman and Wonder Woman fighting aliens is so ****ing stupid. Batman should be alone, badass, and taking down The Joker, Black Mask and crime lords in Gotham with detective work, cool rich guy toys, and super karate... that's it.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TCTTS
AG
In 100% agreement with all of this. The one thing WB seems to be doing right, at least, is (hopefully) placing Batman back in his own universe from here on out. Then again, they'll likely find a way to screw even that up.

Also, for the record, Ruby Rose was terrible in John Wick 2, and she literally didn't speak a line. Quite an astonishing feat.
rhutton125
AG
I was gonna say - at least this keeps her out of a henchman role of whatever movie I'm watching.
AgfromHOU
AG
She's been a main character in Detective Comics the last two years
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

In 100% agreement with all of this. The one thing WB seems to be doing right, at least, is (hopefully) placing Batman back in his own universe from here on out. Then again, they'll likely find a way to screw even that up.

I fully expect them to **** it up.
Quote:

Also, for the record, Ruby Rose was terrible in John Wick 2, and she literally didn't speak a line. Quite an astonishing feat.

I think the only role I have seen her in that she was good was probably on Dark Matter (SyFy) where she had a guest appearance as an assassain android. Have to say I think CW made a bad casting choice here.
Dro07
AG
I forgot she was on there!
Dro07
AG
Well I'll be damned I guess I need to brush up on mi comics she was recon in 06 as a lesbian after a long hiatus since 79
Duncan Idaho
I finally watched the end of justice league.

Terrible
fig96
AG
I actually like the concept of Nightwing a lot but I prefer him on his own, and they did turn Red Hood into a pretty cool character as well. Damian is an interesting concept but generally kinda annoying.
AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Terrible

I actually just watched that for the first time recently as well.

So. Boring.
Sex Panther
AG
fig96 said:

I actually like the concept of Nightwing a lot but I prefer him on his own, and they did turn Red Hood into a pretty cool character as well. Damian is an interesting concept but generally kinda annoying.

I did like the Red Hood/Arkham Knight iterations. Under The Red Hood is a good story and probably my favorite of the DC cartoons.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
AgfromHOU
AG
Speaking of DC cartoons, they announced four or five new movies for next year, including Batman: Hush.
Dro07
AG
NOICE!!!!
Render
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Terrible

So. Boring.

DC should make plotless, 30 minute long Someone vs. Someone Else movies, where it's nothing but pure superhero action. Have 2 minutes of plot to set-up the situation, then have the rest be all-action. Drop the pretext these movies have story!

(This isn't my idea, but I agree with it and thought it was worth sharing.)
dave94
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Terrible

So. Boring.

I've rewatched parts of it almost every time I come across it on HBO, and the climactic battle is verrrrry cringeworthy. I do enjoy a lot of the interactions with the characters, but damn this is no where near how exciting and interesting those original Avengers' moments were.
Belton Ag
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Terrible
The parts of the movie that had nothing at all to do with Steppenwolf were actually OK. The obsession with making every movie with a different villain that's a seemingly invincible god or demon from another realm is really boring.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I took my youngest to see Teen Titans Go to the Movies! tonight. It was amusing.

There were so many posters in the background for DC movies. One that kept catching my eye was a poster of just Superman's face........with a mustache. Nice.
fig96
AG
Belton Ag said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Terrible
The parts of the movie that had nothing at all to do with Steppenwolf were actually OK. The obsession with making every movie with a different villain that's a seemingly invincible god or demon from another realm is really boring.
I thought this summed it up well:

AgfromHOU
AG
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/09/the-batman-ben-affleck-producer-shooting-2019/
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Welcome back to DC, Hans!

http://collider.com/hans-zimmer-wonder-woman-1984/

First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.