*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,253 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Battle Los Angeles, olympys has fallen, I, Frankenstein, my all American, London has fallen, Sully

Looks like he decided to parley it into roles where he got paid a lot to be in crappy/generic movies
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Just got back from watching, "Teen Titans Go! to the Movies". Really enjoyed it but I'm sure it isn't for everyone. Some good laughs and quite a few inside jokes for the adults. My kids and I enjoy the TV show and it was in line with that.

Some pretty big stars we're involved. Nic Cage voices Superman and Will Arnett voices Slade. I recommend it for fans of the show.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Based on DC's current marketing ploys. the the Joker tagline will be "How he got those scars"

While i found Danny Devito creepy as hell as the Penguin in Batman Returns, I really hate that villain. How is he Batman's equal?

As for Harvey Dent, why didn't Aaron Eckhart's career take off after THe Dark Knight? I thought he was a fantastic Two-Face.

Still waiting for someone to bring back the original Harvey Dent, Mr. Lando Calrissian

Never understood the Penguin. Just a dumb character they keep wasting screen time on.
Vince Blake
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Just got back from watching, "Teen Titans Go! to the Movies". Really enjoyed it but I'm sure it isn't for everyone. Some good laughs and quite a few inside jokes for the adults. My kids and I enjoy the TV show and it was in line with that.

Some pretty big stars we're involved. Nic Cage voices Superman and Will Arnett voices Slade. I recommend it for fans of the show.

Took my kids to the Teen Titans Go! movie yesterday as well. Don't think I've seen a funnier moment in a movie theater than a bunch of elementary school-aged kids lose their collective minds on a poop joke. It was definitely a fun movie. Saw one review describe it as an animated, PG Deadpool...pretty apt.

And apparently the Challengers of the Unknown are/were real...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
That's funny. I looked them up after the movie yesterday. Had never heard of them.
AgfromHOU
AG

fig96
AG
It is what it is. I thought Afflect was decent in the role, better than I expected at least, but he's definitely replaceable.
PatAg
AG
If the movies had been better, it would be harder to accept replacing him. As it is, there is no attachment to him in the role, from my point of view.

Cavill as Superman and Gadot as WonderWoman are the only ones that are nailing it, imo.

I'm not a fan of Miller as The Flash, but I like him as an actor.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Kevin Smith teases a "big" project he hopes to release next year.

So, which DC movie is he going to be making? I think with his status as a "go to" director for their television shows, it's pretty obvious they're handing him one of their properties.
AliasMan02
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

So, which DC movie is he going to be making? I think with his status as a "go to" director for their television shows, it's pretty obvious they're handing him one of their properties.

If it's DC, a safe bet is Green Arrow.
Bruce Almighty
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

It may not have anything to do with DC.
Sex Panther
AG
No chance Kevin Smith is getting a DCEU or whatever it's called property
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
bearamedic99
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

stop right there.

he's rebooting jay and silent bob?
Blanco Jimenez
AG
bearamedic99 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

stop right there.

A Bluntman and Chronic movie?
Flashdiaz
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

bearamedic99 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

stop right there.

A Bluntman and Chronic movie?
Bluntman and Chronic is being rebooted, so Jay and Silent Bob go off to hollywood to try and stop it. Sound familiar?

And Cock Knocker (Mark Hamill) better be in it with plenty of The Last Jedi jabs.

YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

If it's DC, a safe bet is Green Arrow.

He wrote one of the better Daredevil runs. Not sure how that would play out with the Netflix show though since they are in the MCU.
YouBet
AG
I don't see how anyone could care about Affleck leaving. He's the 5th Batman we've had in my adult life. It's a revolving door job. I do think he's done a good job as the middle aged version of Batman though.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I liked him in the role, but I have zero qualms about him likely never coming back.
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
looks like we got Great Value version of Commissioner Gordon...
MooreTrucker
AG
LO
L....I was thinking Equate.
heddleston
AG
I recetly read through some GL books and i went back and looked at the IMDB page for the movie. How could they nail the casting so well and screw up everything else like that?
bearamedic99
AG
so what happens with DCEU if Aquaman, Shazam, and maybe WW 1984 do not great but mild at the box office? I just can't see the average movie goer being interested in these.
TCTTS
AG
WW1984 will do insane numbers, even if it's not as "good" as the first one. Aquaman will do fine, unfortunately, simply because there's just not that much competition this holiday. Basically Bumblebee and Jungle Cruise, and that's it. But I'd bet anything it's the last time we ever see the character. It still won't do good enough to warrant a sequel. As for Shazam!, I can see it going it either way. Could tank, could be surprise hit, I have no idea.

Birds of Prey is happening no matter what, as is Flash most likely, but I bet both of those movie are the last time we see any of those characters ever again as well. If Aquaman and Shazam! both tank, Green Lantern Corps could be in jeopardy, but who knows.

I guess this is exclusive info, but I also know that WB is developing a Bane origin movie as well for some stupid reason, but I doubt it ever sees the light of day.

Honestly, I think by 2021/22 all that will be left is The Batman universe, a Man of Steel sequel, and a third Wonder Woman. In other words, back to the basics. Again, I'd bet heavy that after each of their next movies, we never see any of the ancillary characters again, at least in their current iterations. Basically, I think these characters are all going to die a long, slow death, with The Batman the only universe left standing in the end. We'll get a Man of Steel sequel eventually, but I can't see Cavill sticking with the character after that. And then a third WW movie will be the end of Gadot as well. The DCEU will finally end with her, is my guess, and by that time The Batman universe will have already established something different, maybe getting a trilogy out of that.
TCTTS
AG
In fact, if I absolutely had to take a guess at the slate right now, it'd be something like this...

- Shazam!
- Wonder Woman 1984
- Joker (non DCEU)

- Birds of Prey
- The Batman

- The Flash
- Untitled Man of Steel sequel

- Green Lantern Crops
- Untitled Wonder Woman 3

------------------------------ END OF DCEU

- Untitled The Batman Sequel
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
So is this supposed to be a Dark Comedy?
AgfromHOU
AG
They created a movie poster before the script was written. It was doomed from the start. I really liked Sinestro and the rest of the GL corps. I was iffy on Hal, but only because they could have done cooler stuff with his constructs and his mask was awful. Don't get me started on Parallax..
Whos Juan
AG
TCTTS said:

I say eff everything and let Maron play Batman; glasses, mustache, and all.
heddleston
AG
Yeah they basically threw waaay too many bad guys in there. It should've just been a small bad guy like Hammond and Sinestro slowly going bad over the course of the movie. Parallax is something you build to over a trilogy, not a one off.
Iowaggie
AG

From OITNB

I wonder if there will be an outcry about Crazy Jane among the mental health community.
"It's an illness, not a villain!" type of stuff....
TCTTS
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
Matt Reeves interview on The Batman

Quote:

"We are working on getting our draft [in] the next couple weeks," Reeves said. "Right now, my head is totally into the script. Right now, I'm going to be leaving here to go back to work on the script."

"What we've talked about is hopefully in the spring or early summer, something like that," Reeves said.

"There are ways in which all of this connects to DC, to the DC universe as well," Reeves said. "We're one piece of many pieces so I don't want to comment on that except to say that I'm focused very specifically on this aspect of the DC world."

"I've talked about making it a very point of view noir-driven definitive Batman story in which he is investigating a particular case and that takes us out into the world of Gotham," Reeves said. "I went on a deep dive again revisiting all my favorite comics. Those all inform by osmosis. There's no continuation of the Nolan films. It's very much trying to find a way to do this as something that for me is going to be definitively Batman and new and cool."

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-update/
fig96
AG
Quote:

"I've talked about making it a very point of view noir-driven definitive Batman story in which he is investigating a particular case and that takes us out into the world of Gotham," Reeves said. "I went on a deep dive again revisiting all my favorite comics. Those all inform by osmosis. There's no continuation of the Nolan films. It's very much trying to find a way to do this as something that for me is going to be definitively Batman and new and cool."

This makes me happy.
TCTTS
AG
Nice. That at least confirms the scheduling report from a couple weeks ago, so that's good. Still, I just don't understand how these two things reconcile...

Quote:

"There are ways in which all of this connects to DC, to the DC universe as well," Reeves said. "We're one piece of many pieces so I don't want to comment on that except to say that I'm focused very specifically on this aspect of the DC world."

First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.