*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,341 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course TexAgs blocks the last name of Ben Stiller's character in Meet the Parents.
MooreTrucker
AG
AustinAg2K said:

It sucks for DC, but I think Heath Ledger ruined the Joker for at least another decade. I just can't see anyone else in the role. DC needs to focus on some of the other Batman villains for a while. Batman probably has the best Rogue's Gallery of any comic, but all you ever hear about is the Joker now days.
Agreed. In the right hands/cast, the Riddler could be a lot of fun too.
fig96
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Also, and this is true for Marvel too, I'm tired of the villian always being some all powerful god or alien. What happened to the psycho rich billionaire who wants to take over the world? Or super powerful soldier had their body mutated by a nuclear accident? Super aliens/gods coming down from space are starting to bore me.
You need to pay more attention in Marvel movies.
AgfromHOU
AG

1. Regular dude in a suit
2. Mutated version of Hulk
3. Regular dude in a suit
4. Loki/Frost Giants
5. Enhanced maniac
6. Loki/aliens
7. Enhanced dude that can explode
8. Evil elves
9. Enhanced assassin/evil organization
10. Alien
11. Robot
12. Dude in a suit
13. Regular guy
14. Dark dimensional being/sorcerer
15. Dude in a suit
16. Goddess
17. Enhanced dude in a suit
18. Aliens
19. Girl in a suit with unfortunate ability
20. Nobody knows yet
TCTTS
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
AgfromHOU said:

1. Regular dude in a suit
2. Mutated version of Hulk
3. Regular dude in a suit
4. Loki/Frost Giants
5. Enhanced maniac
6. Loki/aliens
7. Enhanced dude that can explode
8. Evil elves
9. Enhanced assassin/evil organization
10. Alien
11. Robot
12. Dude in a suit
13. Regular guy
14. Dark dimensional being/sorcerer
15. Dude in a suit
16. Goddess
17. Enhanced dude in a suit
18. Aliens
19. Girl in a suit with unfortunate ability
20. Nobody knows yet
Who is #19?
dave94
AG
Ghost?
Flashdiaz
AG
AustinAg2K said:

It sucks for DC, but I think Heath Ledger ruined the Joker for at least another decade. I just can't see anyone else in the role. DC needs to focus on some of the other Batman villains for a while. Batman probably has the best Rogue's Gallery of any comic, but all you ever hear about is the Joker now days.

agree 100%. Also, one of the things I liked about this Joker is that his backstory kept changing so you never really knew where he came from or what he was about.

We don't need a joker origin story, I don't need to know about his abusive mother (who probably didn't like wire hangers).
AustinAg2K
Ok, so I was off about the Marvel movies, in that just under half have been some sort of all powerful character. Still, though, I feel like both super hero universes could improve their villains. Since the super heroes get multi-movie character arcs, I think it would be cool if the villains got the same treatment.
AgfromHOU
AG
Ghost
AgfromHOU
AG
A lot of people in suits that enhance them. I hope DC keeps building on the Legion of Doom/Injustice League that they seem to be pushing. That gives multiple movie arcs for Luthor, Deathstroke, Black Manta, Cheetah, etc.
MooreTrucker
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Ghost
Ah OK, thanks. Haven't seen Antman and The Wasp yet.
AgfromHOU
AG
I like it, I just hate how now the benchmark for superhero movies is now how funny it is. That movie is being marketed as "Marvel's funniest movie".
rhutton125
AG
He has a point about villains, at least on DC's side. Alien, businessman + alien, goddess, god, alien.
TCTTS
AG
I'd put stock in this, based solely on Umberto Gonzalez's endorsement of the news (who owns Heroic Hollywood and is basically always spot on when it comes to superhero scoops)...

bearamedic99
AG
TCTTS said:

I'd put stock in this, based solely on Umberto Gonzalez's endorsement of the news (who owns Heroic Hollywood and is basically always spot on when it comes to superhero scoops)...

I can't load that tweet on my phone. What news?
fig96
AG
bearamedic99 said:

TCTTS said:

I can't load that tweet on my phone. What news?
Think the tweet got deleted, it was about Matt Reeves releasing some Batman film news very soon.
TCTTS
AG
I'm assuming this is the "news" referenced yesterday...

TCTTS
AG
Long report, summarizing as best I can...

- Reeves was originally aiming for a Batman only slightly younger than Affleck, met with Jake Gyllenhaal and Jack Huston (among others) for the role.

- However, Reeves has since re-conceptualized the movie and is now aiming for a 25-30 year-old Batman.

- The story might be partially inspired by / based on Batman: Year One.

- The Penguin is apparently *a* villain, but not *the* villain.

- Huston might now be in the running for a younger Harvey Dent.

- It sounds like filming will likely begin summer 2019 for a holiday 2020 release.

There are a lot more little nuggets in the report, which is worth the read. But again, take everything with a grain of salt, though it does at least pass the sniff test in my opinion.

Overall, the last thing I want is another young Batman take as he finds his footing, but whatever. Reeves has earned my trust at this point, but none of this news really excites me in any way.

Apparently August is when a lot of this (the timeline, story, etc.) will be locked down internally, so maybe we can expect some additional (and more official) news next month.
TCTTS
AG
fig96
AG
Thanks for the summary.

I feel like not leveraging Year One much was the biggest mistake in Batman Begins.

I did like the direction they took with the origin, but the original overarching plot of Year One (young Bruce Wayne returns home to criminally controlled Gotham and takes it back as Batman) would've made for a fantastic film. The plot in BB felt like a bit big of a chunk for an inexperienced Batman to bite off.
Dro07
AG
please let it be year one! that would be all some!
AgfromHOU
AG
Not sure how reliable this is

Murder Hornet
AG
One of the Arkham games dealt with an "early" Batman. Maybe Arkham Origins? They could adapt from that story for a good movie.

Basically Black Mask hires a bunch of assassins to try to kill the new crime fighter. Black Mask would be a good villain and could set the stage for other villains if the movie does well.

Then again this is DC so it will probably be a rehash if Batman Forever
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah that's Arkham Origins. It was a fun story.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
AliasMan02
AG
I feel like Black Mask is the villain brought up the most for Bats these days.
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I agree. He's pretty cool... and it might be time for some new blood on screen.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

AliasMan02 said:

I agree. He's pretty cool... and it might be time for some new blood on screen.
Thirded, he's got a lot of potential. Would also be cool to borrow some of the story from Arkham Origins and do a contract killer theme.
AliasMan02
AG
I think the setup of Year One having no supervillain would be a good thing for this film.
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I think the setup of Year One having no supervillain would be a good thing for this film.

No studio would go for that though
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
AliasMan02
AG
Are toy sales a big deal to WB? They don't seem to be. Toys mainly seem geared toward their TV shows.
TCTTS
AG
What I'm most curious about is if either The Batman or its sequel will ultimately fold in Phoenix's Joker. It sounds like The Penguin and a more physically matched villain (to Batman) will be the big bads in the first movie. So Phoenix's Joker would most likely show up in a sequel, but Joker is set in the early '80s, and if The Batman is set in present day, that would put Phoenix's Joker in his 80s for a Batman sequel. The only other option is if they set The Batman in the '80s or '90s, but I can't see that happening either. I would say I can't believe there could potentially be THREE separate universes (Joker-verse, The Batman-verse, and the DCEU), but this is DC we're taking about, so who knows...
fig96
AG
I feel like this shouldn't be this hard.

You have probably the most iconic character in all of comics with decades of source material. It should be harder to screw this up than get it right.
Ulrich
fig96 said:

I feel like this shouldn't be this hard.

You have probably the most iconic character in all of comics with decades of source material. It should be harder to screw this up than get it right.

Apparently they are going to release decades of source material in the next two years. It's gonna be bat-pocalypse.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Based on DC's current marketing ploys. the the Joker tagline will be "How he got those scars"

While i found Danny Devito creepy as hell as the Penguin in Batman Returns, I really hate that villain. How is he Batman's equal?

As for Harvey Dent, why didn't Aaron Eckhart's career take off after THe Dark Knight? I thought he was a fantastic Two-Face.

Still waiting for someone to bring back the original Harvey Dent, Mr. Lando Calrissian

First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.