*** DC Extended Universe ***

798,734 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, no worries. It's fine. Ava is primarily attached as a producer and whether she directs the pilot or not has always been contingent on her schedule. If she's not available we can pretty easily get someone else. But she's still very much involved. Right now we're just waiting on the next draft of the pilot script from the writer, who Ava worked closely with to help shape it. For us, in selling to a studio, whether Ava is involved as a producer or director doesn't really matter.
israeliag
AG
Good to hear.
Brick Tamland
Supposedly getting an Aquaman teaser or trailer at WonderCon next week, more info on Shazam and Wonder Woman 2
TCTTS
AG
It would make sense for WB to attach an Aquaman teaser to Ready Player One, so I could definitely see this happening.
Brick Tamland
Shazam! logo has been released

Forum Troll
AG
Want aquaman trailer.
TCTTS
AG
Would be surprised if we don't see one next week with Ready Player One (both WB movies).
Brick Tamland
Supposedly Momoa acknowledged that his Aquaman in JL wasn't what Aquaman should be, and that for his solo movie he will be more like the Aquaman from the comics. This was before JL came out.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Supposedly Momoa acknowledged that his Aquaman in JL wasn't what Aquaman should be, and that for his solo movie he will be more like the Aquaman from the comics. This was before JL came out.

As usual, good to hear there's a well thought out plan in place for these characters, lol.
Brick Tamland
This is why we should have had Aquaman before JL
Dro07
AG
Great googly moogly!
Brick Tamland
Henry Cavill shaved. This video is hilarious because he makes fun of the CGI removal a couple of times

https://instagr.am/p/BglGdfyFRri
JuliusCaesarAggie
FTACO97 said:

Not to mention that as a huge DC comics reader, I had to read the article to know what The New Gods was....super obscure choice for a film
Lolwut????

A "huge DC comics reader" would definitely know who the New Gods are
Brick Tamland
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/03/23/justice-league-was-a-sad-failure-in-studio-leadership/#28b08b505e5d
AliasMan02
AG
Brick Tamland said:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/03/23/justice-league-was-a-sad-failure-in-studio-leadership/#28b08b505e5d

Is it me or did that guy have one or two points that he just repeated over and over again?
Brick Tamland
Not just you. That article should have been much much much much shorter.
fig96
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brick Tamland said:

Is it me or did that guy have one or two points that he just repeated over and over again?
I was going to say the exact same thing. I kept waiting for some sort of insight.
Brick Tamland
Found this on Reddit

How Infinity War should end:
TCTTS
AG

Brick Tamland
I'm glad they aren't sending out some half-assed, unfinished VFX trailer like they have in the past.

Based on the leaks I've read from test filming, the movie has a pretty good plot/story. We will see how much is cut out and how the acting is, but I feel like Aquaman is a make or break moment for the DCEU.
MooreTrucker
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I'm glad they aren't sending out some half-assed, unfinished VFX trailer like they have in the past.

Based on the leaks I've read from test filming, the movie has a pretty good plot/story. We will see how much is cut out and how the acting is, but I feel like Aquaman is a make or break moment for the DCEU.
I hope THEY feel that way and react accordingly.

If so, I think Flashpoint can be a real turning point for the DCEU to reboot some things.
israeliag
AG
Quote:

I feel like Aquaman is a make or break moment for the DCEU.

We've literally said that about every movie since BvS right? Though I agree - it really feels like the DCEU is on life support even with Shazam in production.
Brick Tamland
I kinda viewed Justice League as a potential turning point, but never a "make or break". With the lack of success that movie had, and only Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 2 with set release dates, Aquaman is looking like that true make or break moment. James Wan has done some good things, so we'll see.

It seems they're trying to distance Aquaman from JL as much as possible, with good reason. Hopefully Aquaman can perform at a better level.
YouBet
AG
Isn't it incredible that alot of people are thinking that the joke of the DC pantheon (Aquaman) will be the seminal movie for the DCEU?
fig96
AG
YouBet said:

Isn't it incredible that alot of people are thinking that the joke of the DC pantheon (Aquaman) will be the seminal movie for the DCEU?
And if it is...what exactly does that mean?

I can't see them basing a universe around him, do they use it as a jumping off point for solo films then try to bring the characters back into a bigger collaborative film later?

They're really in a weird spot right now.
israeliag
AG
They'll hit the reset button with Flashpoint and keep which ever actors have been working (Jason Mamoa, Gal Gadot) and replace those that are on shaky footing (Ben Afleck, Henry Cavill [though I've liked him])
fig96
AG
Yeah, makes sense.

It's sad how not excited I am about the whole DCEU.
Brick Tamland
I imagine this is what they'll do, and make some sort of joke after Flashpoint about how Bruce Wayne looks different
TCTTS
AG
Am I the only who thinks resetting even part of the DCEU in Flashpoint sounds like a terrible idea? The movies may be bad, but the casting/actors have been great for the most part. At this point, I don't know how they do any better than Gal Gadot or Henry Cavill in those two rolls, specifically. In fact, I can't think of anyone else who might "need" recasting other than Affleck, but it seems incredibly convoluted for an entire Flash-centric movie to exist solely to recast a single actor who may no longer want to be involved with the franchise. And sure, I could do with Eisenberg as Luthor, or Leto as The Joker, but I'd rather they just not use Luthor or the Joker at all anymore.

But I'm honestly asking, how do you guys see this Flashpoint scenario actually playing out? I keep seeing people essentially saying, "They can just start over after Flashpoint," but I don't understand the logistics of who would be recast and who wouldn't and how all that would even make sense. I understand the "science"/plot mechanics of it, but why/how would certain actors suddenly being recast solve all the immense issues of this franchise, when really only one actor MIGHT need to be recast.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Am I the only who thinks resetting even part of the DCEU in Flashpoint sounds like a terrible idea? The movies may be bad, but the casting/actors have been great for the most part. At this point, I don't know how they do any better than Gal Gadot or Henry Cavill in those two rolls, specifically. In fact, I can't think of anyone else who might "need" recasting other than Affleck, but it seems incredibly convoluted for an entire Flash-centric movie to exist solely to recast a single actor who may no longer want to be involved with the franchise. And sure, I could do with Eisenberg as Luthor, or Leto as The Joker, but I'd rather they just not use Luthor or the Joker at all anymore.

But I'm honestly asking, how do you guys see this Flashpoint scenario actually playing out? I keep seeing people essentially saying, "They can just start over after Flashpoint," but I don't understand the logistics of who would be recast and who wouldn't and how all that would even make sense. I understand the "science"/plot mechanics of it, but why/how would certain actors suddenly being recast solve all the immense issues of this franchise, when really only one actor MIGHT need to be recast.
I don't think a reboot with Flashpoint necessarily has to mean new actors, just maybe fixing plot points that sucked. That being said, I don't think it's really necessary...and it's too soon anyway. To make it Marvel-related, it would be good move down the road, with how Marvel is essentially changing everything after Avengers 4.

DC is just starting. Give it time to find its footing. A Reboot now seems like hitting a panic button when it's not necessary.
Sex Panther
AG
No I thought the same thing and was gonna post on it. It will confuse the casual fans and reek of panic/desperation.

I honestly don't know what they should to though since it seems like Affleck wants out and they've screwed so many other things up... They have so much money invested in this I just don't know how they reboot anything and I understand why this seems like the only way to play it for them. But it would just be a further indicator of how bad they screwed this whole thing up, especially when compared to the Marvel machine.
TCTTS
AG
But I don't understand how that would "fix" certain plot points. That's my main issue. These movies sucked. Those events happened. And suddenly saying certain events didn't happen in-movie doesn't erase how crappy these movies have been. I guess that's what am asking. What could possibly be "fixed" that would make the plot itself better going forward?
Forum Troll
AG
I don't think they'll reboot anything with Flashpoint. It'll just be like the CW show "Flashpoint" that occurred; a waaaaaaayyyyyyyy watered down version of the acutal book.
AgMarauder04
AG
You're not wrong. It's not like the millions who saw the movies will magically forget the bad plots of previous movies. Like I said, it's a dumb move and reeks of desperation. Yes, movies weren't great, but they made decent money. They are by no means "failures."

In the comics, flashpoint was used as a reboot of the entire universe because there were so many versions of al the characters, earths, dimensions, etc, that it was hard to keep track, so they reset it all. This isn't the case here and will likely do more harm than good. The only real accomplishment could POSSIBLY be to introduce a new batman since Affleck is out? "Bruce, you look different." Other than that, it's dumb, imo.
AgMarauder04
AG
They were never going to be able to replicate the comic or the animated movie, both of which were excellent with the budget and limited characters of a CW show. Hell, there aren't even any other members of the main justice league in that show.
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.