*** DC Extended Universe ***

798,982 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
Solo Tetherball Champ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fig96 said:

TCTTS said:

Kind of a cool idea below. This also got me thinking that WB doing superhero period pieces might be a way to go after the DCEU inevitably runs out of steam in a couple of years. Batman in the '30s, Superman in the '50s, etc. It's obviously not DC, but X-Men in the '60s would be awesome as well...

I've been saying for a while that an Art Deco style 50s/60s styles Superman would be perfect. Gives some room for Americana and takes it back to the root of the character.

a 1930s era Batman, you say?

Brick Tamland
TCTTS
AG
Already debunked. McQuarrie passed way back in October.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Already debunked. McQuarrie passed way back in October.
While we are on the topic....do you have an opinion of Screenrant?
TCTTS
AG
Personally, I don't read them because they're a little too fanboy-ish for my taste. That, and they're of course not always accurate.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Personally, I don't read them because they're a little too fanboy-ish for my taste. That, and they're of course not always accurate.
Thanks. They also seem to have a little bit of an agenda, so I keep thinking of dropping the "like" so they quit showing on my feed.
Brick Tamland
Mi culpa
Brick Tamland
How about something factual?

maca1028

I didn't hate this movie but it sure was a letdown. Trailer is still awesome though.
Hans Zimmers score was amazing.
Brick Tamland
Shazam

https://instagr.am/p/BgChV09ldR9
Forum Troll
AG
Really digging this suit. Here's the best photo so far. Supposedly the bolt will have cgi electricity which sounds awesome.
Brick Tamland
Release the hype engine
Brick Tamland
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm super skeptical about this one....probs because DC.
Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland
I think this movie can be a breath of fresh air for the franchise. I bet Aquaman will be dark, but this movie is a kid supersizing into a god-like hero with a kid's mind.

A tad skeptical, but the best movie of DC didn't have Snyder, and if Aquaman lives up to how people described it at a screening, it can show these characters without Snyder and we can enjoy these heroes again.
AgMarauder04
AG
I don't disagree. I WANT DC to be good, they've just not shown me yet and their titular character movies have sucked sans Wonder Woman. If they can reel off a good one here and another with Aquaman, I'll be preetty happy.
YouBet
AG
Just realized this was Chuck. Is he really that built or is that suit prosthetics?
Brick Tamland
A little bit of both
Brick Tamland
Same. I don't even need it to be an upper echelon cinematic universe movie, I just want it to show us a) DCEU without Snyder and Whedon, b) that they are taking the correct steps to build this universe with its own identity, and c) I want them to be better than the other movies so far (I thoroughly enjoyed every movie so far, especially the first two acts of each movie. ).
Brick Tamland
I'll get off my soap box now
Brick Tamland
AliasMan02
AG
DC just doubles down over and over again

FTACO97
AG
Fresh off the failure of Wrinkle In Time.....they're going to let her tell a story that involves Apokolips and Darkseid? Ummmm....NO.

Not to mention that as a huge DC comics reader, I had to read the article to know what The New Gods was....super obscure choice for a film
rhutton125
AG
Wow
AgMarauder04
AG
This is what they've been doing.

Suicide Squad
Batgirl
Shazaam
Black Adam

We haven't gotten a good flash or Green Lantern movie yet.
TajMaballer
AG
I'm reading the current Mister Miracle run by Tom King and really enjoy it. I had no knowledge of the character, just jumped in because of Tom King. It's really good and it makes me super excited for a movie with both Mister Miracle and Big Barda
Forum Troll
AG
Darkseid war was pretty epic with all the new gods. This came out of nowhere.
Brick Tamland
With WB/DC, let's see if this movie even gets made. Remember, a Flash movie was supposed to come out this weekend.
Brick Tamland
Also, I wonder if it'll be a DCEU or Elseworlds movie
BigTimeAlum
AG
It's the easiest choice ever. No accountability for the Execs. If the movie sucks, no one will dare criticize them. It's a clear CYA move.

Kind of like a corporate exec hiring McKensie & Co for a big strategic project. What? No our fault, we hired the best!
Brick Tamland
Apparently it'll be in the connected universe, but make no mention or crossover of any of the other films
AMW2010
AG
Soooo based on the first post, the flash comes out next Friday?!?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, just noticed that. Such simpler, more hopeful times.
israeliag
AG
Understood if it's too much inside baseball and this isn't the place to share, but what does this mean for your Xenogensis series?
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.