*** DC Extended Universe ***

799,337 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Emma Stone? Kristen Wiig? I love both actresses, but man, I just cannot see either taking on Wonder Woman in this world.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I have had issues with DC's casting choices before, but this one is just mind-boggling in it's wrongness. Who is her #3 choice? Melissa McCarthy?

Marvel's last female villain? Cate Blanchett. DC's? Kristin Wiig????? Just so bizarre.
MooreTrucker
AG
Cate Blanchett seemed like a weird choice for a comic book movie, but that turned out OK (I suppose...haven't seen it yet). So who knows...

FTR, I don't like Kristen Wiig in pretty much anything, so there's that.
Flashdiaz
AG
Most of Wiig's characters are unsure and dorky.
Can't see her as being intimidating at all.
jackie childs
Flashdiaz said:

Most of Wiig's characters are unsure and dorky.
Can't see her as being intimidating at all.
not just that, but gadot is going to tower over her physically as well.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

So here we have the problem brought to you by the third act of WW, in which she kills the actual, literal god if war (using a lot of insane super powers she had not previously demonstrated, like flight and super speed):

How is Cheetah a legitimate threat to WW?

I know we see heroes scale up and down to their powers to fit the narrative, but this is a huge discrepancy.
AgMarauder04
AG
Perhaps they shouldn't have given WW new powers.
israeliag
AG
I might be remembering her character from the book more, but didn't she do a terrific job in The Martian?
Quad Dog
AG
israeliag said:

I might be remembering her character from the book more, but didn't she do a terrific job in The Martian?
She did, as an audience surrogate/comic relief. Nothing in her career I'm aware of has shown she can be a villain.
Forum Troll
AG
Interesting choice if thats who it ends up being. Was posted on Reddit but Bryan Cranston was Malcolm in the middle before Walter white. Not saying Kristen wiig will become Walter white but comedy can translate to other stuff.
Sex Panther
AG
I actually kind of like the idea. I think she could pull a villain off. I've seen her do some serious work and she has some chops.

But then I realize the villain is Cheetah and I just laugh my ass off. Possibly the lamest villain in history.
fig96
AG
She was a more serious character in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but agreed with those not really seeing her as a villain. That being said, comedic actors often surprise in those roles.
fig96
AG
jackie childs said:

i said it before and i'll say it again...i really like zachary levi and he seems like a legitimately good dude, so i'm really pulling for this movie to be good
Seconded, but with the DCU's past issues with tone I want to believe but don't have high hopes.
Quad Dog
AG
Will Cheetah be completely CGI and Wiig is doing voice and/or motion capture? I could see that working.
Brick Tamland
Quad Dog said:

Will Cheetah be completely CGI and Wiig is doing voice and/or motion capture? I could see that working.

Better to add cheetah spots through CGI than to remove them
Dro07
AG
TCTTS said:

MooreTrucker
AG
fig96 said:

She was a more serious character in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but agreed with those not really seeing her as a villain. That being said, comedic actors often surprise in those roles.
Michael Keaton, for example.
fig96
AG
MooreTrucker said:

fig96 said:

Robin Williams is another.
Brick Tamland

One of the directors of Game Night and one of the writers of Spider-Man: Homecoming. The other director and writer of those movies, Johnathan Goldstein, is jointing him as well. This is for the Flash movie.

Rumors of Dr. Light as the villain, with Reverse Flash, Heat Wave, and Captain Cold making appearances. Shooting for a 2020 release.
YouBet
AG
fig96 said:

MooreTrucker said:

fig96 said:

Robin Williams is another.

Jim Carrey as well.
YouBet
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Cate Blanchett seemed like a weird choice for a comic book movie, but that turned out OK (I suppose...haven't seen it yet). So who knows...

FTR, I don't like Kristen Wiig in pretty much anything, so there's that.

She was great btw.
israeliag
AG
I watched Game Night this weekend and based off of that they are a very promising duo
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brick Tamland said:

One of the directors of Game Night and one of the writers of Spider-Man: Homecoming. The other director and writer of those movies, Johnathan Goldstein, is jointing him as well. This is for the Flash movie.

Rumors of Dr. Light as the villain, with Reverse Flash, Heat Wave, and Captain Cold making appearances. Shooting for a 2020 release.

John Francis Daley in Waiting:

Brick Tamland
I know it's not DCEU, but..

TCTTS
AG
Kind of a cool idea below. This also got me thinking that WB doing superhero period pieces might be a way to go after the DCEU inevitably runs out of steam in a couple of years. Batman in the '30s, Superman in the '50s, etc. It's obviously not DC, but X-Men in the '60s would be awesome as well...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

It's obviously not DC, but X-Men in the '60s would be awesome as well...
Ha, I literally just realized that this is already a thing (X-Men: First Class).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
F&G

Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Kind of a cool idea below. This also got me thinking that WB doing superhero period pieces might be a way to go after the DCEU inevitably runs out of steam in a couple of years. Batman in the '30s, Superman in the '50s, etc. It's obviously not DC, but X-Men in the '60s would be awesome as well...

I don't think any super hero movie will get green lit now unless it can be part of a universe or a tentpole for sequels, but I think this would be an amazing way to do it, and a way to keep the genre fresh. I've always thought Super Man was lame, but a 1930's Super Man in an art deco Metropolis could be pretty cool.

And I think that would be an awesome way to do Batman. It's been posted before but a Gotham By Gaslight would be a really cool movie (Batman in a Victorian Era Gotham, hunts Jack The Ripper). Would be a perfect setting for Fincher to make the dream a reality.
Forum Troll
AG
Another leaked set photo.

PatAg
AG
Quad Dog said:

israeliag said:

She did, as an audience surrogate/comic relief. Nothing in her career I'm aware of has shown she can be a villain.
She did some more serious/troubled acting in Skeleton Twins. I honestly could see her pulling off the villain part, but I don't see myself buying any of the physical parts.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

I've been saying for a while that an Art Deco style 50s/60s styles Superman would be perfect. Gives some room for Americana and takes it back to the root of the character.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
villains don't have to be physical to be awesome.

AliasMan02
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

villains don't have to be physical to be awesome.

They kinda do when the villain's thing is having animal powers.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Emma Stone? Kristen Wiig? I love both actresses, but man, I just cannot see either taking on Wonder Woman in this world.
i was re-watching Kingsman this weekend and thought that the actress who played Gazelle (Sofia Boutella) would make a believable Cheetah. She was also the alien scavenger from Star Trek Beyond.
MooreTrucker
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

i was re-watching Kingsman this weekend and thought that the actress who played Gazelle (Sofia Boutella) would make a believable Cheetah. She was also the alien scavenger from Star Trek Beyond.

And a major character in Atomic Blonde.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.