*** DC Extended Universe ***

799,782 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quad Dog said:

This article is from February, how many half ideas for movies can be added now?
http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-latest-on-all-17-and-counting-possible-upco-1792691855

That list is hilarious.
swc93
AG
It is funny to me how growing up reading comic books in the 70's and 80's how much I hated Dumpsh*t Comics and how 30/40 years later; they still suck.

TCTTS
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
Quad Dog said:

This article is from February, how many half ideas for movies can be added now?
http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-latest-on-all-17-and-counting-possible-upco-1792691855
Over/Under on how many of these actually get made?
MooreTrucker
AG
swc93 said:

It is funny to me how growing up reading comic books in the 70's and 80's how much I hated Dumpsh*t Comics and how 30/40 years later; they still suck.

I was the opposite. I LOVED DC Comics as a kid...JLA, Legion of Superheroes, Batman, Flash, GL. Loved them all. And didn't know much at all about Marvel. I love the Marvel movies, and it kills me how much trouble they're having with the DC movies.
swc93
AG
GL was the only one of those I liked. He would have fit perfectly with the Silver Surfer and Galactus stories. If it wasn't for the Justice League and Friends cartoon I would likely have known even less about DC; of course; that could be a big part of why I couldn't stand them; stupid wonder twins.
TCTTS
AG

Dro07
AG
Quote:

In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman...

Sooooo... it still takes place in the DCEU?
TCTTS
AG
Yes. It's a standalone Batman movie, but one that takes place in the DCEU, likely after the events of Justice League. I just don't think Reeves knew the exact right terminology to use.
Dro07
AG
Awesome! maybe they can do something new and original like his background story... again
TCTTS
AG
http://www.tracking-board.com/whiskey-tango-foxtrot-directors-are-the-best-warner-bros-can-do-for-harley-quinn-joker-movie/

Quote:

Described as a "criminal love story" in the vein of Natural Born Killers, this project would come on the heels of the characters' reunion in Suicide Squad 2, and would take the place of Gotham City Sirens, which has been reconceived. That means David Ayer is no longer attached to direct any movies in the DCEU thank God.

Ok, so we're now down to just THREE Joker movies across TWO universes. Sounds like Gotham City Sirens is dead (thank God).
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

http://www.tracking-board.com/whiskey-tango-foxtrot-directors-are-the-best-warner-bros-can-do-for-harley-quinn-joker-movie/

Quote:

Described as a "criminal love story" in the vein of Natural Born Killers, this project would come on the heels of the characters' reunion in Suicide Squad 2, and would take the place of Gotham City Sirens, which has been reconceived. That means David Ayer is no longer attached to direct any movies in the DCEU thank God.

Ok, so we're now down to just THREE Joker movies across TWO universes. Sounds like Gotham City Sirens is dead (thank God).
I was actually looking forward to GCS. Hot women in hot costumes. Duh.
rhutton125
AG
So is that the DCEU's first cancelled film?
TCTTS
AG
I don't think it was ever officially announced.
rhutton125
AG
I guess that's probably true for most of them - publicized as in development but no concrete details or casting or production start date.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.

To my knowledge, these are the only officially announced titles that we'll absolutely see in theaters...

- (2017) Justice League
- (2018) Aquaman
- (2019) Shazam
- (2019) Wonder Woman 2

And then these have been announced / officially acknowledged in some capacity, but aren't quite yet guaranteed to see a release...

- (2020) Cyborg
- (2020) Green Lantern Corps
- (2019/2020) The Batman
- (2019/2020) Batgirl
- (2019/2020) Flashpoint
- (2019/2020) Suicide Squad 2
- (2020/2021) Justice League 2

Finally, unannounced but absolutely in active development...

- Black Adam
- Man of Steel 2
- Untitled Harley Quinn / Joker Project (aka Suicide Squad 3)

I'm sure I'm missing a title or two, but I'm fairly certain that's the main slate breakdown as of now.
YouBet
AG
Yeah, I didn't like Natural Born Killers the first time. Granted, I never really thought about the parallels between that movie and Joker/Harley Quinn.

Maybe that's why I'm not a fan of their dynamic. I love her on her own though.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
YouBet said:

Yeah, I didn't like Natural Born Killers the first time. Granted, I never really thought about the parallels between that movie and Joker/Harley Quinn.

Went to see this while at A&M with a group of about 10 of us. About 20 minutes into the film, we were all ready to leave. Every single one of us. But no one wanted to be the one to get up first, so we endured the rest of that piece of sh*t.
rhutton125
AG
Also gave up on Natural Born Killers once.
MooreTrucker
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

YouBet said:

Went to see this while at A&M with a group of about 10 of us. About 20 minutes into the film, we were all ready to leave. Every single one of us. But no one wanted to be the one to get up first, so we endured the rest of that piece of sh*t.
Never saw it. I can't stand Juliette Lewis.
PatAg
AG
YouBet said:

PatAg said:

I actually am still surprised that Leto didn't give a better performance, because I think he is an amazing actor. I know the visual direction isn't up to him, but I wonder how much the rest he was allowed to have influence on.

Well, there were the stories from him about how he said he was lied to and hoodwinked about the scope of his role in Suicide Squad.

So, it's also surprising to see he is still attached as the Joker in anything if he said all of those things. Regardless, he sucked as the Joker and I have zero interest in any movie with him in that role.

What a trainwreck.
Yea, it was an abysmal role.
TCTTS
AG
This doesn't necessarily mean Leo wants them, but the Scorsese angle is intriguing...

TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
I can't see Leo as the Joker
MGS
Sex Panther said:

I can't see Leo as the Joker
He does kind of look like a young Jack Nicholson.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Meanwhile, at Marvel:

Executive: "Hey, let's make a standalone Hawkeye origin movie that sets up a franchise that'll be separate from the MCU. We'll make it dark and gritty and cast Zac Efron to lure in the younger crowd. That's what fans want, right?"

TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
Director of The Accountant is also directing Suicide Squad 2, btw
JuliusCaesarAggie
rhutton125 said:

Director of The Accountant is also directing Suicide Squad 2, btw
So this time the ending will reveal that Batman and Punisher are brothers?
TCTTS
AG
Damn it, you just spoiled The Accountant for me, didn't you?
Dro07
AG
What's in the box john?
toucan82
TCTTS said:

I was a little mad about that too, then I remembered that I had very little desire to watch it
YouBet
AG
toucan82 said:

TCTTS said:

I was a little mad about that too, then I remembered that I had very little desire to watch it
It's a good movie.
fig96
AG
YouBet said:

toucan82 said:

TCTTS said:

It's a good movie.
Actually saw it for the first time last week, solid action flick.
JuliusCaesarAggie
I'm gonna have to file that one under my b

If it makes you feel any better, you see it coming a mile away
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.