*** DC Extended Universe ***

816,450 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TCTTS
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't Disney bungle the merchandising for Star Wars Ep 7 though, with having nearly no Rei merch early on?
AgMarauder04
AG
israeliag said:

Didn't Disney bungle the merchandising for Star Wars Ep 7 though, with having nearly no Rei merch early on?
Yes.
AliasMan02
AG
israeliag said:

It was overstated, but there was some of that. Lots of claims weren't true, like that Rey didn't have an action figure in wave one.
fig96
AG
AliasMan02 said:

israeliag said:

It was overstated, but there was some of that. Lots of claims weren't true, like that Rey didn't have an action figure in wave one.
She was left out of some of the group sets though. Note that was very obviously corrected for Rogue One.
hurleyag
AG
Wasn't that more because of spoilers?
redline248
AG
hurleyag said:

Wasn't that more because of spoilers?
Had they made a toy in just her scavenger gear, what would it have spoiled?
AliasMan02
AG
There was a time they were being super secretive about Rey, and toys go into production waaaaaaay early, which is why there are Cloud City Luke and Vader action figures in wave one, as they appeared in an earlier version of the script.

Not saying that's why, but at least at one point they were being pretty sketch about it.
fig96
AG
AliasMan02 said:

There was a time they were being super secretive about Rey, and toys go into production waaaaaaay early, which is why there are Cloud City Luke and Vader action figures in wave one, as they appeared in an earlier version of the script.

Not saying that's why, but at least at one point they were being pretty sketch about it.
While there's some argument to be made for being secretive, we saw Rey in the first teaser trailer a year out from TFA's release.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Is it sad that the only thing keeping the DCCU thread alive is talk of Star Wars toys?

Yes.....I say yes.......
TCTTS
AG
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Dig the logo

Anyone else find it odd that they've got a horror director directing Aquaman? Guess it worked out ok for Doctor Strange and (though not quite the same directorial background) Guardians of the Galaxy.
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
TCTTS said:

only if he plays a slightly homosexual penguin #beauty&beastoutrage
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

What's with Ahab? Is that the code name for the shoot (though I guess it's not much of a code if so)?
wangus12
AG
I'd think so
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Who did it better?

jackie childs
israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

What's with Ahab? Is that the code name for the shoot (though I guess it's not much of a code if so)?
Ahab makes metaphorical sense because DC is also hunting for an elusive white whale (in this case, a halfway decent comic book movie)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jason Momoa is no Vinnie Chase.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Vaughn and Ramai feel like retreads.

Also, throwing those names out and calling them all frontrunners feels like studio hype.

Those are three guys with vastly different styles of film's. Almost like DC doesn't know what it wants with what might be its #3 property (over WW).
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

I know its been said every single time, but I can't help it because its almost like it gets worse every time I see it....holy **** that's a ridiculous uniform for the Flash, lol.
AliasMan02
AG
His shoulder game is strong.

Bruce Almighty
AG
He looks like an 80s action figure with barely moveable joints
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
I can support this
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Snyder steps away from Justice League post-production to deal with family tragedy.

Joss Whedon will handle post and any additional shooting to keep it's release date. Truly a sad story. I can't imagine what Snyder's going through right now.
Simplebay
AG
Feel really bad for Snyder. I'm guessing a couple people would actually prefer Snyder to Whedon too.

Hope this doesn't impact the movie negatively.
TexasAggie_02
AG
So, how difficult is it to come into post production like that? considering that he wasn't there when the footage was filmed, he has to go thru and familiarize himself with everything.
dave94
AG
I'm sure Snyder will still be available as a resource and has already downloaded the vision of the movie.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
...and the hits just keep on coming.

Doug Liman drops out of Justice League Dark movie.

rhutton125
AG
Doug Liman has bailed on Gambit and JLD now, so I won't get my hopes up for whatever big project he signs onto next. That said, JLD felt like a "someday" project from the moment it was announced. Director, general idea, no fit in the current film slate; fast forward 8 months and it's no surprise that it's back to square one.
AliasMan02
AG
rhutton125 said:

Doug Liman has bailed on Gambit and JLD now, so I won't get my hopes up for whatever big project he signs onto next. That said, JLD felt like a "someday" project from the moment it was announced. Director, general idea, no fit in the current film slate; fast forward 8 months and it's no surprise that it's back to square one.

In truest form I'm sure DC will float that their replacement is Spielberg or Coppola in order to calm things down.
Sex Panther
AG
Wouldn't be surprised if he helms Top Gun 2
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.