*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,248 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hoping they are saving the red and black outfit for the movie. That would be pretty cool.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I'm hoping they are saving the red and black outfit for the movie. That would be pretty cool.
That would require them to do something right.
Sex Panther
AG
I think Harley looks great (minus the tattoos... but I just dont like tattoos in general)

Harley is one of those characters who is really popular with fanboys, but almost unknown to casual fans. She doesn't have to be red and black.

There's nothing wrong with giving her their own distinct take. She's got the basic look down... When Ledger's Joker first showed up, people didn't like it very much because it wasn't the Joker we we're used to. How about Tom Hardy's Bane?? They totally changed everything about the character's appearance.

And I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the movie, Joker says something like "I picked out a new outfit for you" and reveals something like the Arkhamverse red & black get up... After all, if you think this is the only time you're going to see Margot Robbie in a film as Harley Quinn, you are crazy.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Harley is one of those characters who is really popular with fanboys, but almost unknown to casual fans. She doesn't have to be red and black.

I agree with everything you said except this part. Considering Harley Quinn is the #1 Halloween costume in the US, I'd say she's a little more well known among casual fans than you are giving her credit for.

https://frightgeist.withgoogle.com/costume/Harley-Quinn
Sex Panther
AG
I'd be willing to bet that that is directly correlated with this movie

But I am all for girls dressing up as Harley Quinn in any form or fashion
AliasMan02
AG
Margot has got to be the #1 hottest woman in the world right now. Not even just hot. Beautiful.

And, her costume looks pretty close to the modern Harley that first showed up in the Arkham games, then carried into the New 52.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:

There's nothing wrong with giving her their own distinct take. She's got the basic look down... When Ledger's Joker first showed up, people didn't like it very much because it wasn't the Joker we we're used to. How about Tom Hardy's Bane?? They totally changed everything about the character's appearance.

I agree giving her a unique look is fine, if it's a good look. I just think this look is more roller derby than Harley Quinn. It's not an improvement.

Also, one look at Heath Ledger's Joker and you knew he was joker. Same thing for Bane, with the bald head and face mask apparatus. Suicide Squad Harley is still unrecognizable as Harley unless someone tells you what you're looking at. People loved Heath Ledger's joker when they saw it - the uproar had been "why Heath Ledger?" Not "why that look?"
Aggie_Journalist
AG

Here's the original
Arkham Asylum Harley, who is clearly Harley Quinn. The only similarities are pig tails, this one has some of the accessories the new one has and this one wears some white.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.thewrap.com/nicole-kidman-in-talks-to-join-gal-gadot-in-wonder-woman-exclusive/
TCTTS
AG
This is mostly gibberish to me, but I figure it's still news worthy...

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/11/12/exclusive-guess-who-is-going-to-be-in-justice-league-part-one
Dro07
AG
Wife of Aquaman?! I thought he was way gay?
Fat Bib Fortuna
What does this have to do with Star Wars?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I had forgotten that we have two DC movies coming out next year. Batman v Superman which I will see, and Suicide Squad which I'm likely just going to read the wiki.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
What does this have to do with Star Wars?
Absolutely nothing. Get back to the Star Wars thread. Right behind you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
I had forgotten that we have two DC movies coming out next year. Batman v Superman which I will see, and Suicide Squad which I'm likely just going to read the wiki.
Best laugh I've had today!
jabberwalkie09
AG
God I wish I had done that for Fantastic 4 and Terminator Genysis to save myself both money and time....
rhutton125
AG
I do it all the time. Great for shows, too, when you don't want to watch 22 episodes of something.
rhutton125
AG
Don't know if anyone actually bought into it anyway but Christian Bale just shot down the theory of his return
jabberwalkie09
AG
Didn't even know that was a thing honestly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
God I wish I had done that for Fantastic 4 and Terminator Genysis to save myself both money and time....
TC let me see the script for Terminator, so I knew a month before it came out that I had no interest in see it, as much as I love Arnold.
Vander
AG
quote:
How is it that Harley's entire getup (makeup, outfit, accessories, even the gun) all look like an elaborate Halloween costume and not a major character from a studio blockbuster?

Yes, she's hot. Her getup still looks stupid.
That's what Harley looks like all of the time. She's insane and always dresses in elaborate outfits designed to be as provocative as possible. If anything this look is rather reserved for Harley.
wangus12
wangus12
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Howdy,
wangus12
AG
Apparently this is from a canceled Wonder Woman movie a few years ago
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
MooreTrucker
AG
This is Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman from the BvS movie

Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
I thought it was from the cancelled Justice League movie that was set to be made a few years back.
TCTTS
AG
LR Hot Rumor: Will Smith Might Just Join Ben Affleck's 'The Batman' Movie
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
LR Hot Rumor: Will Smith Might Just Join Ben Affleck's 'The Batman' Movie
AliasMan02
AG
Going all "Brave and the Bold" with Batman teaming up with different heroes in his movies might be a good way to differentiate them from the Nolan films.
rhutton125
AG
Agreed - it's like having Spider-Man team up with other heroes. We've seen the solo thing 5+ times, maybe mix it up now
Quad Dog
AG
The above Wonder Woman picture is from a 2007 failed Justice League movie.
http://comicbook.com/2015/11/20/megan-gales-wonder-woman-from-george-millers-unmade-justice-leag
rhutton125
AG
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/12/14/synopsis-suicide-squad-released

Synopsis for Suicide Squad if anyone is interested. Can't provide quote, on toilet
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.