*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,242 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/12/14/synopsis-suicide-squad-released

Synopsis for Suicide Squad if anyone is interested. Can't provide quote, on toilet
quote:
"It feels good to be badAssemble a team of the world's most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government's disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren't picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it's every man for himself?"

Man i love this movie! I can't wait... for it to be over with
rhutton125
AG
I just saw this posted elsewhere and should note that it's from some collectibles. May not be the exact movie synopsis.
Quad Dog
AG
This is from the BvS movie. From Gal Gadot's twitter.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
This is from the BvS movie. From Gal Gadot's twitter.

Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
quote:
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/12/14/synopsis-suicide-squad-released

Synopsis for Suicide Squad if anyone is interested. Can't provide quote, on toilet
quote:
"It feels good to be badAssemble a team of the world's most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government's disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren't picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it's every man for himself?"

Man i love this movie! I can't wait... for it to be over with
It fails to mention her throwing away the hole
FL_Ag1998
AG
She's hot, sure, but for ****'s sake she's supposed to be a warrior princess, couldn't they have at least air-brushed some muscle tone on her? She's not Wonder Woman.
TCTTS
AG
First theatrical trailer (and second trailer overall) for Suicide Squad confirmed to debut on January 19th...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/361693-suicide-squad-trailer-and-wonder-woman-sneak-debuting-on-the-cw#/slide/1

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/12/28/suicide-squad-2nd-trailer-shot-for-shot-breakdown
TCTTS
AG
I've been at this long enough that I feel like I'm pretty good at spotting the fake reviews from the real ones, and this one definitely feels legit. If so, this is good news...

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/batman-v-superman-review-leaks-on-reddit
TCTTS
AG
Also, as I've said before on here, I have a good friend who works for WB, he/she has already seen the movie a couple times, and this lines up with what I was told, plot-wise. He/she was complaining to me just a couple weeks ago about the reaction to the latest trailer, and how everyone thinks it gives away the whole movie. He/she was saying there's so much more to the movie, which jibes with the overall tone / third act description in this review.
TajMaballer
AG
One thing that stood out in their post was "best comic book movie since The Dark Knight."

If it's true, then awesome! But I have a hard time believing that this will be better than Winter Soldier, First Class, Days of Future Past, and Avengers.
Noblemen06
AG
Not to be a tin foil hat guy, but is there any potential for mystery posts like that to be part of a studio campaign to try to curb the negative reaction to the trailers that have been released? If the performances are that good, why be so ham-handed with the parts of the story shown in the trailer?
TCTTS
AG
Happens all the time. Could definitely be the case here.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
best comic book movie since The Dark Knight."

Pfffftt, hahaha, wish I had the laugh cry emoticon right now!

And yeah, I dont know, I'm no expert by any means but that review sounded like a poorly veiled PR attempt.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Heard the same things for Man of Steel. I'll believe it when I see it.
p-townag
AG
quote:

Exactly my thoughts.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:

Yep.
Murder Hornet
AG
I want this movie to be good but Marvel has been kicking DC's for years and I think people will still be talking Star Wars when BvS comes out. Doesn't Civil War beat it to theaters also? I remember a big standoff a few years ago re: release dates
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
One thing that stood out in their post was "best comic book movie since The Dark Knight."

If it's true, then awesome! But I have a hard time believing that this will be better than Winter Soldier, First Class, Days of Future Past, and Avengers.

My impression reading it is that he's a DC guy as opposed to a Marvel guy, or a "comic book movie" guy, so he's biased toward the DC side of things.
TCTTS
AG
Honestly? This looks fun as hell. At this point, I think I'm actually looking more forward to this than I am Batman v. Superman...

TCTTS
AG
Not to mention, Wonder Woman actually looks pretty decent too. I still wish they would have gone with a better/more capable actress, but I love the WWI setting, and the general look so far (and just to be clear, most of this is our first look at / actual footage from the 2017 solo release)...

wangus12
AG
So that scene where she is on a horse at the end looks like the exact same road where Capt. America went down to rescue all the prisoners in his first film
wangus12
AG
Tell the TROOF!

TCTTS
AG
Pretty great casting...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-adds-jk-simmons-873227
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Pretty great casting...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-adds-jk-simmons-873227
NOOOOOO!!! That's J.Jonah Jameson!!!
TCTTS
AG
Because Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds playing multiple comic book characters was such a huge disaster...
COOL LASER FALCON
I never thought of it, but Oldman as Gordon might be the second hardest performance to follow from the Nolan series. Simmons is awesome though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
JK F-ing Simmons
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Because Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds playing multiple comic book characters was such a huge disaster...
Well, to be fair, either of them could only go up from F4 and GL, right?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Does that mean no Gordon in Batman v Superman or Suicide Squad (which some theorized would take place in Gotham)? Interesting.

Great actor choice.
scubasteve304
AG
Please be a scene where Gordon asks the Flash if he's rushing or dragging.
jackie childs
quote:
israeliag
AG
quote:
Or where he surveys a destroyed home to determine the insurance claim.
jabberwalkie09
AG
This isn't really related to the DC Cinematic Universe, but Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, and Tara Strong will be voicing the Joker, Batman, and Barbara Gordon/Batgirl in the upcoming animated film Batman: The Killing Joke.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/14/batman-the-killing-joke-animated-movie-starring-kevin-conroy-mar/

I haven't really watched many of the animated films DC, but I may make an exception for this one.
wangus12
AG
YES!
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
I haven't really watched many of the animated films DC, but I may make an exception for this one.
You really should go watch them. They are amazing. I watch as many as I can, and can't think of many I wouldn't recommend. DC does their best work with their animated movies.
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.