*** DC Extended Universe ***

799,384 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if these extra scenes are added into the run time like an extended cut or will they be features to access separate the main movie.
rhutton125
AG
TCTTS said:

Suggested retail price. Same as all Blu-rays. Stores sell them for less.

Good to know. I'd never seen that before on an article.
Brick Tamland
Speaking of these, I was going to watch Man of Steel the other day and saw the special features had an interview with Geoff Johns about the future of the DC universe (it was taped before Batman v Superman). He explained that Lex in the movie would be based off his comic origin, which was almost just like Eisenberg (skinny white dude with semi-long hair). Made sense after that.
Forum Troll
AG
Lex in the ultimate edition is similar to lex is superman birthright which is the definitive modern origin of superman and one of the best superman stories out there.
maca1028
Just finished watching JL...that was hot garbage. I'm not a huge marvel fan but at least they pump out semi-entertaining movies that keep you engaged.
I forced my self through this one and wanted to give up so many times.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Here's the slate I referenced yesterday, of films that have been thrown around as being "in development by DC":

• Aquaman
  • Shazam!
  • Suicide Squad 2
  • The Batman
  • Justice League Dark
  • Batgirl
  • Green Lantern Corps
  • Flashpoint
  • Wonder Woman 2
  • Man of Steel 2
  • Nightwing
  • Lobo
  • Cyborg
  • Deadshot
  • Deathstroke
  • Black Adam
  • Booster Gold
  • Untitled Todd Philips Joker Movie
  • Untitled Joker/Harley Quinn Movie
  • Gotham City Sirens
  • Birds of Prey

I can tell you that the real slate, as of this writing, is:

• Aquaman
  • Shazam!
  • Wonder Woman 2
  • Suicide Squad 2
  • Flashpoint
  • The Batman

And not necessarily in that order.

There are a couple of films that will soon become official, and one of them I already mentioned:

• Untitled Superman Sequel
  • Nightwing

And that's it for now.
TCTTS
AG
Forum Troll
AG
Really want a MoS 2 announcement. I know that movie gets a ton of flack from some but its one of my favorite origin movies right up there with GoTG, Ironman, and Wonder Woman.
Brick Tamland
Is it worth the $18 if I already have the theatrical BvS?
Forum Troll
AG
Eh depends on who you ask. Overall it's a much more coherent story particularly with lex planning stuff. I think it's significantly improved as ultimate edition but its pretty damn long.

Others will say it's still a hot mess just longer.
Brick Tamland
I wonder if we will be saying the same thing about Justice League if they let out an extended version. Just wish they'd include it in the movie as an added feature, like on Suicide Squad
TCTTS
AG
Forum Troll
AG
Shazam! filming started today in Toronto. Hoping to see a suit photo at some point in the near future.
TCTTS
AG
I didn't know where else to post this, but truth is it deserves its own thread...

Forum Troll
AG
One of the most quotable villians, imo. Probably due to all the memes I suppose but I loved his version of Bane.

Shazam synopsis is out:

Quote:

We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson's (Angel) case, by shouting out one wordSHAZAM!this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heartinside a ripped, godlike bodyShazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he'll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong).
Sex Panther
AG
God this sounds so lame
Forum Troll
AG
Sex Panther said:

God this sounds so lame
Yeah. Just a synopsis but too much explaing who and what Shazam is and only one sentence describing the plot. Dr Strange synopsis for comparison (similar type of character).

Quote:

Dr. Stephen Strange's (Benedict Cumberbatch) life changes after a car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he looks for healing, and hope, in a mysterious enclave. He quickly learns that the enclave is at the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying reality. Before long, Strange is forced to choose between his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.

He's an interesting character in the comics though.
MooreTrucker
AG
Sex Panther said:

God this sounds so lame
But it pretty much describes the story behind Shazam aka Capt Marvel, right?
Brick Tamland
I'm just wondering why they're doing Shazam this early. He's not that well known. Marvel didn't start doing their lesser known hero movies until after Phase 1 was established and the main guys had a solo movie or 2.

Can't believe this is getting made before a Flash or Batman or even Green Lantern movie.
MooreTrucker
AG
Amen. They can't get Flash right, can't get GL right, can't do the JL right, can't settle on how to do Batman or Superman at all.

I guess if they go with someone that no one really knows, they can avoid some of the criticism for screwing it up.
Forum Troll
AG
Wasn't a Flash movie supposed to come out this spring but they had such a problem getting a script and directors for the longest? I recall that being the reason DCEU is only getting 1 film this year compared to 3 by the MCU and 2 extra non MCU marvel movies.

Green Lantern isn't getting made so soon since the 2011 film bombed and Batman had his solo films recently (though not connected to this universe).

Shazam connects to the Justice League quite a bit and Black Adam I hope is going to get an end credit cameo in this film similar to Deathstroke in Justice League and what I bet will be Black Manta in Aquaman so they can lead into some sort of Forever Evil/Injustice League/Legion of Doom style story line in the future.

Apparently Dwayne Johnson is some sort of producer for this film so its one of the rumors.

Quote:

I guess if they go with someone that no one really knows, they can avoid some of the criticism for screwing it up.
Truth. Hopefully the studio will just let this director do his own thing and not swoop in and and screw with things like they did with JL.
Murder Hornet
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I'm just wondering why they're doing Shazam this early. He's not that well known. Marvel didn't start doing their lesser known hero movies until after Phase 1 was established and the main guys had a solo movie or 2.

Can't believe this is getting made before a Flash or Batman or even Green Lantern movie.
The clear difference between the two companies was a coherent plan. One company is about to release the culmination of their 10 year plan, the other is simply throwing crap against a wall to see what sticks
Brick Tamland
Going to hold out hope that Shazam! is a fun movie

And that Aquaman doesn't have 20 minutes of unnecessary battle scenes and "special effects"
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
DC...

TCTTS
Brick Tamland
Why do we need two separate movie "universes"?

I'm fine with the tv and movie universes being separate, but this is stupid.

Makes me feel like an idiot for being a fan of DC
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. WB is throwing sh*t against the wall at this point.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed. WB is throwing sh*t against the wall at this point like they've been doing since the beginning
/fify
TCTTS
AG
Good point.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Good point.
It's the most infuriating thing. TBH, I find the DC characters and plots much more compelling than Marvel. I always have. They were so concerned about cashing on on the superhero genre before it went away that they rushed everything without a plan. This is the garbage we are left with. So infuriating. They could have taken their time, developed a cohesive plan and given us good, quality entertainment.

Instead, this is where we are.
Forum Troll
AG
I wonder where they're going to go with a script on this. Killing Joke basis or something else?

Seems analagous to the Venom film in that it isn't part of MCU but may as well be.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
At the risk of sounding like Redstone (who, in turn, is sometimes accused of sounding like me)... I knew about this a couple weeks ago but was sworn to secrecy. What the article fails to mention (since I doubt they're aware yet) is that Jerry Bruckheimer is producing. So, Bay and Bruckheimer back together for the first time since 2003's Bad Boys II (they previously worked together on Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor). I know literally nothing about Lobo, but considering this is WB, I just can't even muster the slightest bit of interest for this, save for the nostalgia factor of Bay/Bruckheimer back together, but Bay hasn't made a decent movie in ages either, so... yeah. That, and the thought of Bay's terrible sense of humor being central to what is being deemed as WB's answer to Deadpool, just... no thanks.
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.