*** DC Extended Universe ***

799,799 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I knew about it 35 minutes before TC did.
Forum Troll
AG
When's the last time Lobo showed up in comics? I'm a bigger DC fanboy that most here and have read of a ton of new 52 and can't recall ever seeing Lobo show up.
FTACO97
AG
I try to be a DC apologist.....but with these latest announcements and their lack of leadership and overarching mythos.....I just can't...
FTACO97
AG
Forum Troll said:

When's the last time Lobo showed up in comics? I'm a bigger DC fanboy that most here and have read of a ton of new 52 and can't recall ever seeing Lobo show up.
Lobo is a very fringe character....I can't even adequately describe him in comparison with anyone else.....certainly should be the bottom of the list of all the possible good DC characters you could make a movie of
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Already got the theme song pre-loaded.

Redstone
AG
News travels slow to Texags.

I personally like Snyder's work and was disappointed he will not helm this after Justice League.
Noblemen06
AG
TCTTS said:

Bay hasn't made a decent movie in ages either, so... yeah.
13 Hours was pretty good and I recall Pain & Gain being entertaining the one time I saw it...the Transformers shmushmortions are terrible, however. Wouldn't have ever watched the last two if I didn't have so many long international flights.
Sex Panther
AG
I dont know **** about Lobo other than he looks really stupid.

This sounds terrible and will probably be terrible, but I will call my shot at the casting choice now... Mark Wahlberg
Brick Tamland
FTACO97 said:

I try to be a DC apologist.....but with these latest announcements and their lack of leadership and overarching mythos.....I just can't...

This
TCTTS
AG
Brick Tamland
Is that from the cut scenes of the Justice League?

Sorry, I didn't see the title.

I think that movie would have been bad ass if they hadn't cut so much. It was still good as is, and I think it was better than Ultron. Still a ways to go, but it was a small step in the right direction.
israeliag
AG
Man, Hans Zimmer's Superman theme is so good.
TCTTS
AG
It really is. One of my favorites of the past decade or so, and one of the reasons I still kind of love Man of Steel despite its many flaws.
Forum Troll
AG
Cool scene. A lot of the complaints from JL had to do with character development and they cut some of these scenes because of some arbitrary studio run time decision. Another 10 to 15 minutes to flesh out Cyborg and Flash with 1 or 2 scenes could have done quite a bit. And the movie would still have been under 2:20.
Brick Tamland
Wish they'd realize it's ok for team up movies to run long. Or at least not spend forever showing Superman and Zod/Doomsday punch each other while flying for 15 minutes straight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man of Steel
TCTTS
AG
Best rundown/summary I've seen yet, properly organized and everything...

Forum Troll
AG
Brick Tamland
My digital copy preorder of Justice League came in today. Excited to watch again
Forum Troll
AG
Yeah I'll probably be watching on Prime video tonight. Have read that the deleted scenes have not shown up on all the different types of digital purchases.

The 2 confirmed deleted scenes (both Clark) had no reason to be cut from the theatrical release though.
Brick Tamland
Yeah it's not showing up on the HD version but when I order my new Apple TV I'll roll it over to 4K and the scenes will show up
Forum Troll
AG
https://batman-news.com/2018/02/13/justice-league-deleted-superman-scenes-revealed/

Adds a lot imo to conclusion/transition of Superman's character arc over the 3 films he is in even though its only 2 minutes or so.
Brick Tamland
I don't see why they needed to cut these scenes out. Pretty frustrating.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reports that Snyder was actually fired from Justice League.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/13/17007872/zack-snyder-justice-league-fired

Huge mistake, imo. The tonal differences in the movie were a pretty big detriment.

I wish they had just doubled down and stuck with what they were doing. I loved MoS and thought the BvS Extended cut was really good.
TCTTS
AG
Why would they have doubled down on something that was reportedly "unwatchable"? You gotta bring in fresh blood at that point.
Brick Tamland
I agree with this. I think they should have just said hey, we are going to do this thing right and delayed the release.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It says it was the rough cut. Aren't most movies near-unwatchable in their rough cut?

Hell, Rian Johnson said that almost verbatim in his Collider interview about TLJ a few days ago.
TCTTS
AG
Yes, but you can always tell if you have something that can become something, if that makes sense.
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Forum Troll
AG
Haha some of the "elseworld" stories from DC can be pretty strange. Looks like Grodd was in that trailer.

I might check out Gotham by Gaslight that came out a week or so ago.
Quote:

Set in the Victorian era, this animated remake of the graphic novel, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight pits the Dark Knight detective against the elusive serial killer, Jack the Ripper.
Sex Panther
AG
Forum Troll said:

Haha some of the "elseworld" stories from DC can be pretty strange. Looks like Grodd was in that trailer.

Quote:

Set in the Victorian era, this animated remake of the graphic novel, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight pits the Dark Knight detective against the elusive serial killer, Jack the Ripper.

I've read that comic and really liked it. That would actually be a pretty cool one-off live action movie.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Noblemen06
AG
Watched JL for the second time and I like it even more. Definitely not perfect but it's darn entertaining and I think the heroes have good chemistry. I just wish there was more of it than what made the final cut. I hope they don't abandon this story thread because I like this group of actors/characters (I'm one of the few who like Affleck as Batman, even). WB definitely needs to ditch Snyder and let the characters have more solo time before the next one (especially the JL version of Superman, who finally delivered super-badassness).
Brick Tamland
Definitely hoping Cavill is in Shazam
wangus12
AG
Sex Panther said:

Forum Troll said:

Quote:

I've read that comic and really liked it. That would actually be a pretty cool one-off live action movie.
Gotham by Gaslight is awesome.

That ninja one on the other hand looks like the South Park ninja episode
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.