*** DC Extended Universe ***

799,017 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Would be all for this, but I'm afraid the initial report it reads a bit too gossipy to be true...

I feel like Hamm could play a great Bruce Wayne, which is really the key to the role for me. It doesn't even have to the actor in the Batsuit most of the time.

Affleck never really nailed that part of the role somehow.
Quad Dog
AG
I think John Hamm is great, but he's too old. How many movies can you get out of him as Batman?
Make a decision for the future for once DC. Cast a 30 something who can play the part for a decade or more.

John Hamm is 46. It took 7 years for Nolan's Batman trilogy to all be made. If DC wants three movies out of him we'll see at least a 53 year old Batman.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Hamm is way too old
TCTTS
AG
He's one year older than Affleck.
JuliusCaesarAggie
And if they're trying to do a mini reboot after Flashpoint, then you don't cast someone in their 40s to start as the new Batman
M.C. Swag
AG
At least go with Batman Beyond. Go ahead and keep Affelck as the older disgruntled Batman.
AliasMan02
AG
M.C. Swag said:

At least go with Batman Beyond. Go ahead and keep Affelck as the older disgruntled Batman.

Should go with Keaton in that case.
M.C. Swag
AG
lol that'd actually be pretty cool
dave94
AG
I still don't get how people think that Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne or Batman. I loved the movie at the time because it was finally Batman on the big screen.

But, that movie did not age well at all, and the Keaton/Batman and Nicholson/Joker portrayals are just not true to what I think the characters are.
AliasMan02
AG
dave94 said:

I still don't get how people think that Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne or Batman. I loved the movie at the time because it was finally Batman on the big screen.

But, that movie did not age well at all, and the Keaton/Batman and Nicholson/Joker portrayals are just not true to what I think the characters are.

Wasn't looking that deeply into it. Just think Keaton playing a 90 year old, curmudgeonly Wayne as a reluctant mentor would be great. The fact that he'd be reprising the role would be an added bonus and draw for fans sick of what the DCEU has turned out to be.
fig96
AG
dave94 said:

Is it weird that Keaton makes a better action hero now than when he was in his 30s?
Forum Troll
AG
Quote:

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-movie-cyborg-deleted-scene/

Quote:

During the production of Justice League, Warner Bros. decided the movie needed to be significantly trimmed down in order to come in under two hours. As a result, the backstories of Cyborg and Aquaman were left out of the final product.

Considering that much of those scenes were likely finished, it's likely some will be included in any extended cut of the film, or as bonus features, on the DVD or Blu-ray release
Already known obviously. Would it have hurt to have an extra 15 to 20 minutes to delve on these characters backstories, especially Cyborg as his backstory/origin is concurrent with the formation of the JL?

Hoping to see these scenes in extended release on Bluray.
Forum Troll
AG
Quote:

https://www.cbr.com/dceu-updated-movie-slate/
Quote:

While holding a panel at Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Warner Bros. revealed its upcoming DC Comics-based movies that fans can expect to see; this included films that have been expected for a while, and the absence of several key projects.

A Wonder Woman sequel was the first to be presented with a title card, though it opted to not title itself "Wonder Woman 2," leading us to believe the film will ultimately be titled something else. A title card for Aquaman soon followed, which makes sense as it's Warner Bros.' next DC release.

Other title cards displayed at the convention included Flashpoint, Suicide Squad 2, Shazam, Batgirl, Green Lantern Corps, The Batman, and somewhat surprisingly, Justice League Dark. It's possible that these movies are those that have been confirmed to be moving ahead at the studio, with it hoping to redeem itself after the critical and financial failure of Justice League.
Just some updated info on upcoming projects
TCTTS
AG
israeliag
AG
Twitter is blocked, but I assume this is what's being linked/reported:
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/warner-bros-taps-walter-hamada-to-oversee-dc-films-production-exclusive-1202652878/

Probably too late, but at least something can get through WB's top brass' thick skulls. That said, I'm really curious to see what approach they take from here out - probably more so from a business perspective than anything.

@TCTTS, what's the reputation of Hamada?
Forum Troll
AG
Geoff Johns thankfully remains chief creative officer. Hopefully this new guy knows what he's doing and WB doesn't run too much interference.
MooreTrucker
AG
Not "cinematic" but I can't find the TV thread....

Supergirl is beginning to construct the Legion of Superheros. That's my other fave group besides JL, and I cannot wait!!
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs
somewhat related to DC, i heard an old podcast with Zachary Levi and he seems like a legitimately good dude. i know nothing about Shazam, but I'd like to see him have a hit movie.
MGS
Flashdiaz
AG
MGS said:

lol at the aquaman line
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Took the family on a cruise over Thanksgiving and unfortunately both kids each had a 24 hour bug on different days, so I spent quite a bit of time sitting with them in the cabin.

While we were out to sea, the television basically only got one channel: Cartoon Network. And they were running a Teen Titans GO! marathon most of that week. So, I watched a lot of Teen Titans GO! with the boys.

It's seriously pretty f-ing funny.
Sex Panther
AG
The only thing I know about Teen Titans Go is this song which is fire

Forum Troll
AG
https://www.cbr.com/dceu-cyborg-movie-origin/

Quote:

Morton, who plays Silas, the father of Ray Fisher's Victor Stone, told ET Online there will be a Cyborg movie. "It will be about him and I, and about the family that he came from, how he becomes the Cyborg, etc.," he said. "But from whence he came, as well."

Forum Troll
AG
Technically not DCEU, but still DC and on HBO

https://www.cbr.com/watchmen-hbo-shooting-2018/

Quote:

Damon Lindelof's HBO-produced Watchmen television series is gaining a bit of traction.

Speaking during the pay cable network's presentation at the TCA, HBO president Casey Bloys revealed that he had gotten his hands on Damon Lindelof's screenplay for the series' pilot. "I've read the script, it's amazing," Bloys told journalists. "I'm thrilled, I imagine we'll shoot that this year."
SeattleAgJr
How embarrassing.

Jumanji just passed Justice League's worldwide (and domestic) takes over the last few days.

Dwell on that. Jumanji beat a movie starring batman, superman, wonder woman, the flash, , and the other two.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I find it sadder that Last Jedi outgrossed it in one weekend.
Sex Panther
AG
Well to be fair, Jumanji was actually a really fun movie
Forum Troll
AG
Mark Strong going to play Dr Sivana in Shazam! movie.
TCTTS
AG
Brick Tamland
Is the Green Lantern Corps movie still getting made? Started reading some comics for the first time in my life and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps has been pretty good so far (much better than having Gotham and Gotham Girl in the Batman story).
Forum Troll
AG
Yes as far as I've read. WB had some cards for movies at a recent comic con and that was one of them.
rhutton125
AG
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/01/18/justice-league-blu-ray-and-digital-release-announced?read

No Extended Cut? Also, $30 for a DVD?
MooreTrucker
AG
rhutton125 said:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/01/18/justice-league-blu-ray-and-digital-release-announced?read

No Extended Cut? Also, $30 for a DVD?
Lotsa extra stuff that looks pretty cool, though.
TCTTS
AG
Suggested retail price. Same as all Blu-rays. Stores sell them for less.
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.