*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

4,647,431 Views | 31207 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by rhutton125
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only the poor people died, they couldn't afford to see a movie anyways, so Lucas and Cameron don't care about them.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love that Titanic one. The caption is very on-point for C3P0.
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CharleyKerfeld said:

Tribute from Lucasfilm. They've historically done this with artwork every time another film has passed one of their records, although Spielberg actually started it when Star Wars broke Jaws' BO record in the 70s.












I feel like they phoned it in on the spiderman one. almost like "oh sh*t, better whip something up real quick". The older ones are much better
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasAggie_02 said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Tribute from Lucasfilm. They've historically done this with artwork every time another film has passed one of their records, although Spielberg actually started it when Star Wars broke Jaws' BO record in the 70s.












I feel like they phoned it in on the spiderman one. almost like "oh sh*t, better whip something up real quick". The older ones are much better

Well yeah, some are original artwork that they paid a true artist to work on, probably for weeks at a time. The other is something my kid could have made on Photoshop in 5 minutes or AI could have made in 3 seconds.
Newer <> better.
vmiaptetr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe one with Darth Vader talking to Spider Man and saying, "Join me, and together we can rule the box office."
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:



He is burning bridges. Like dude is pissed
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw that S3 of Daredevil: Born Again will be the last. Unfortunate. Hopefully they find a way to get him in some movies.
#1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone seing Endgame Encore this week? Got tickets tomorrow for the 1 pm showing. Really excited for the extra scenes added and how it directly transitions into Doomsday! The theater will be packed.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whole family got ours!
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to rely on X and YouTube to bootleg the extra scenes for me.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All the extra footage is leaking like crazy on social media now. Three "scenes," if you can call them that, in total, all of which are basically end-credit stingers.

Endgame is one of my all time favorite blockbusters, but I've just had no desire to see this re-release in theaters. And now, after seeing how little footage has been added, I don't feel like I'm missing out at all.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going Friday right after work. I fully expect nothing earth shattering. If these are after credits additions, so be it. One of my favorite things to do is see old movies at the theater. Most of the time it's movies that I saw on original release but I have also managed to see several that were released pre-me. I rank Avengers Endgame (along with its first half Infinity War) in my top 5 all time favorites.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am excited to be in my sold out showing and hearing portals again in the theater
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To be fair, there is way less footage than I had originally expected/heard. If you're seeing in IMAX you're getting the most out of it but from what my son had read it's this:

~2 minutes of extra footage actually in Endgame
~3 minutes of extended doomsday trailer at the end of the movie

For us though, it's the thrill of being able to see this movie in theaters for the first time….wed be going if there was no extra footage at all.
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI, it sounds like regular screenings get the 2-ish mins of extra footage, but infinity vision screenings get the sneak peak trailer thingy.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movies/articles/avengers-endgame-encore-runtime-reveals-173154655.html

My local theater only has one infinity vision screening per day, the other screenings are the regular screenings.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#1 said:

Anyone seing Endgame Encore this week? Got tickets tomorrow for the 1 pm showing. Really excited for the extra scenes added and how it directly transitions into Doomsday! The theater will be packed.

IMAX, Saturday at 4 PM.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

FYI, it sounds like regular screenings get the 2-ish mins of extra footage, but infinity vision screenings get the sneak peak trailer thingy.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movies/articles/avengers-endgame-encore-runtime-reveals-173154655.html

My local theater only has one infinity vision screening per day, the other screenings are the regular screenings.
infinity and imax are getting it.

Honestly this reminds me of a South Park episode where it was all about films re-releasing and I think there was this mass hysteria over Indiana jones getting re-released with like 30 extra seconds….

South Park wins again…
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It sort of sounds obtuse, but I think I would have gone if they were just re-releasing Endgame and the extra scenes were a surprise.

Doing it this way and adding in the different versions for Infinity Vision vs. whatever feels gross.

Extra footage because you need this info before Doomsday because until Fantastic Four, we just spun our wheels for 6 years with stories that had no bearing on the overall arc.
If you only pay the "normal" price, you're only getting 2 minutes of extra stuff.
But if you pay $22-$30 instead of $12-$16, you get a whole extra 6 minutes of stuff.

Endgame is an all-timer and probably my 3rd favorite Marvel movie, and I know I'll see Doomsday opening weekend, but just feels greedy as hell.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So far box office wise…endgame encore is looking to have a very similar weekend to the 25 year anniversary of RotS…

Not sure how I feel about that…encore is supposed to be tieing in to doomsday…extra footage…etc

While RotS was just a re-release with nothing really coming out to hype it up….

Was expecting encore to be higher than RotS…still could be these are just projections….
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ROTS had multiple generations of new Star Wars fans that only ever watched it at home.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

ROTS had multiple generations of new Star Wars fans that only ever watched it at home.
multiple generations from a film that's only 25 years old?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jokershady said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

FYI, it sounds like regular screenings get the 2-ish mins of extra footage, but infinity vision screenings get the sneak peak trailer thingy.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movies/articles/avengers-endgame-encore-runtime-reveals-173154655.html

My local theater only has one infinity vision screening per day, the other screenings are the regular screenings.
infinity and imax are getting it.

Honestly this reminds me of a South Park episode where it was all about films re-releasing and I think there was this mass hysteria over Indiana jones getting re-released with like 30 extra seconds….

South Park wins again…


Big Bang Theory did an episode on that Indiana Jones extra footage.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

ROTS had multiple generations of new Star Wars fans that only ever watched it at home.

multiple generations from a film that's only 25 years old?

Is it 2030 already?
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CharleyKerfeld said:

jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

ROTS had multiple generations of new Star Wars fans that only ever watched it at home.

multiple generations from a film that's only 25 years old?

Is it 2030 already?
oh it was 20 years old last year? That's make the multi-generational thing even less likely.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

jokershady said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

FYI, it sounds like regular screenings get the 2-ish mins of extra footage, but infinity vision screenings get the sneak peak trailer thingy.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movies/articles/avengers-endgame-encore-runtime-reveals-173154655.html

My local theater only has one infinity vision screening per day, the other screenings are the regular screenings.
infinity and imax are getting it.

Honestly this reminds me of a South Park episode where it was all about films re-releasing and I think there was this mass hysteria over Indiana jones getting re-released with like 30 extra seconds….

South Park wins again…


Big Bang Theory did an episode on that Indiana Jones extra footage.
how is it my memory works but only in certain paragraphs of certain chapters????

And yet I can quote any simpsons episode from S3 - S8 and a bit of S9 without hesitation???
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

ROTS had multiple generations of new Star Wars fans that only ever watched it at home.

multiple generations from a film that's only 25 years old?

Gen Z (ages 14-29) were mostly either not alive in 2005, or would have little to no memory of seeing it in theaters.

Gen Alpha was not alive.

So yep, that's two generations unless my math is wrong.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's funny looking back at 1999 when TPM came out. I was 11 years old, but the OT might as well have been ancient history at that point, and it was only 16 years since ROTJ.

A 16 year gap feels like nothing to most of us now, but as a kid, it's a lifetime.

But I digress, this is not the Star Wars thread...
#1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got back from the Infinity Vision showing. I really thought I would be looking at my watch waiting on the extra footage towards the end but I was engaged throughout the entire film. I've seen this movie 20+ times but it hits different seeing it on the big screen. For those going, there is an extra scene added at the end of the movie. Then the credits roll. There are 3 scenes. A small one at the very end. Im ready for December!
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#1 said:

Just got back from the Infinity Vision showing. I really thought I would be looking at my watch waiting on the extra footage towards the end but I was engaged throughout the entire film. I've seen this movie 20+ times but it hits different seeing it on the big screen. For those going, there is an extra scene added at the end of the movie. Then the credits roll. There are 3 scenes. A small one at the very end. Im ready for December!

A buddy of mine and I had gone to see Cap 1, 2, and 3 together, and decided to meet in College Station to see Endgame together. He had moved to Marble Falls and I was living in Houston at the time.

I was so transfixed watching it on the big screen that when we walked out of the theater, I had completely forgotten we were in College Station.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
citizenkane06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw it last night and echo the sentiment of seeing it on the big screen. It's a whole other immersive experience. I felt my heart racing even though I thoroughly knew what was going to happen.

I will say that I thought the original ending was perfect, so I wish the added footage would've been the mid-credits scene to not change the tone of the final shot, and the current mid-credits scene moved to the post-credits. My showing didn't have a post-credits clip, though.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The original ending was simply the "sign-off", right? And the only post-credits thing was the sound of Tony Stark building the original Iron Man suit in the cave?
citizenkane06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, the cut to black with the 1940's music continuing.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a lot of fun. Just have to wait for December to find out these new scenes are leading to.
First Page Last Page
Page 889 of 892 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.