*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,558 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
israeliag
AG
israeliag said:

Roundtable with the OG Avengers + Fiege:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/10/avengers-endgame-cover-story/
I don't want this to get lost at the bottom of the last page. Definitely worth your time.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Prime0882
AG
Render
AG
I have a question.

I rewatched Infinity War and it's still a great movie. I only have one problem with it.

When they're in Wakanda, how come people are fighting Thanos' army in hand to hand combat? Like, they don't have tanks? Or artillery? Or jets? Or automatic weapons? Like, I'm pretty sure if you went to the US and were like "Hey. We got a extraterrestrial threat coming again, and like, we should fight them. We can use napalm. That'd would take out all the bad guy army. Or use some nukes. We got plenty of nukes. And then, like, you could set a trap for Thanos, where he gets a gem, but its set up like Raiders of the Lost Ark so when he gets the gem the stand lowers and like 20 atomic bombs go off. I'm pretty sure that would kill him."

Anyway. How come they don't use modern military stuff to fight the bad guy army?

They're doing hand to hand combat like it's the 16th century. To me it'd make the battle even better.
redline248
AG
I think the question was asked before, but no one really knows why. At the very end of the battle some of their aircraft finally show up. I doubt that many were destroyed when Killmonger took over.
Render
AG
And if they use 16th century tactics, they should use like a pike formation instead of charging. It'd be more effective.

Anyway. I know I'm b*itchin. Just things my brain was thinking of.
TCTTS
AG
First look at the Falcon & Winter Soldier logo from the Disney+ event today...

jabberwalkie09
AG
That Star Wars TCW 332nd clone trooper helmet that's Filoni mentioned/previewed at a previous celebration.

Excellent.
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

First look at the Falcon & Winter Soldier logo from the Disney+ event today...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Wanda Vision? Really?
swimmerbabe11
This is all I see when I hear the name "Wanda Vision"

redline248
AG
Wanda Vision is so terrible, if it's real
TCTTS
AG
It's real...

TCTTS
AG
Does anyone give two sh*ts about either of those characters? I mean, I guess if you can get those two actors to commit to at least a season, go for it, but man, they are so incredibly disinteresting to me.
Farmer1906
AG
Scarlet Witch has so much potential to be interesting. It needs to be dark.
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

Does anyone give two sh*ts about either of those characters? I mean, I guess if you can get those two actors to commit to at least a season, go for it, but man, they are so incredibly disinteresting to me.
Wasn't it announced last year (Sept?)
TCTTS
AG
Not officially. Disney never confirmed. It was just the prominent online sites who broke the news.
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

I have to agree. Two of the more wooden and uninteresting characters really. Wanda Vision is a terrible and fitting name I suppose.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Seems pretty definitive, from the way they typed it; one word - WandaVision - with no hashtag or anything, which tells me that's exactly what they're going with.
redline248
AG
Vision is AI, so he's supposed to be at least a little wooden, right?

TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS
AG
Actually, I would watch the hell out of this show if it was just Scarlett Witch and Vision adjusting to life in the suburbs or whatever. They could either go the Parks & Rec route and do a half-hour comedy or the Parenthood route and do a family drama and I would watch either one, no question. That would make them interesting.
Quinn
AG
Because it's a movie and they need to show the heroes doing hand to hand combat. No other logical reason.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Actually, I would watch the hell out of this show if it was just Scarlett Witch and Vision adjusting to life in the suburbs or whatever. They could either go the Parks & Rec route and do a half-hour comedy or the Parenthood route and do a family drama and I would watch either one, no question. That would make them interesting.

I never read it, but I know this run from a few years ago was really acclaimed, and I think that's kind of the gist of it?

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

I would totally watch a show about Thor and his roommate Darryl.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, wow. That's amazing.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dr. Horrible
I know it isn't technically MCU, but thought this nugget from the Disney+ article would get more love here.
Quote:

an animated series called What If? will imagine alternate Marvel storylines.
My immediate thought was "What if Thor had gone for the head?"
TexasAggie_02
AG
it would be neat if the mid or post credit scene was just strange viewing all the failed timelines with his voice over.

Do a montage of failures like Edge of Tomorrow with strange mumbling over it.

like watching Fury's pager shatter on the ground a dozen or so times until he finds a timeline where it works. "ok finally, now we're getting somewhere"

Next scene, Thor summons stormbreaker at avengers facility, hitting Mavel in the head and incapacitating her "damn it, Thor"

Do some other hilarious failures from Endgame.

Maybe have ant-man say "hey guys, i'm gonna shrink and climb up in his----"

Strange: "NEXT!""

Then, once strange finds the exact winning scenario, he decides to skip forward in time to make sure that this is the true, winning scenario, only to see.......a glimpse of the next phase (galactus/silver surfer, maybe mutants). Strange mumbles "we'll deal with that when we get there......" Jump to Tony waking him up in Titan.

Yes i know it's too soon to tease Fox properties, but it could also tease secret invasion or something.
redline248
AG
The wiki write ups do a terrible job of making anyone ever want to read a comic. That crap is worse than a daytime soap opera.
First Page Last Page
Page 374 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.