*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,039 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would not enjoy that.
Gangnam Style
AG
https://instagram.com/therussobrothers?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=udvhjnu05h5p

LOL the Russos IG profile pic
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
There's a really great extra that comes with infinity war of all the Marvel directors doing a round table together. It explains a great deal about how all the storytelling connects, some of which was driven by Feige but some of which each director just built on what came before.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://mcuexchange.com/russo-avengers-endgame-test-screenings/
AgfromHOU
AG
Great news, but it's going to have super high ratings when you consider the hype for the movie and the fact that each movie leading up to it has built the next one up. The interconnectedness is what makes each movie better.
Solo Tetherball Champ
bearamedic99 said:

Solo Tetherball Champ said:

aggiepublius said:

Hulla Baller said:

Bobcat06 said:

Still no update on Korg
I really hope he finds Tony in space.

Not sure if Korg being dusted is more likely or not.

Of course, he was already having issues crumbling and pebbles coming off. So maybe the snap overlooked him.
If Korg got dusted, I can imagine him saying somthing like "Oh, this is some fast rock erosion, that is" or something related to geography.

I'm sorry but did you mean geology? Or is that part of the joke?
I couldn't decide which of geology/geography would be more correct, so I went with one because I assumed I would be called out either way.
texasaggie04
AG
wangus12 said:

Max Power said:

Korg was on the ship with Thor, Loki, and Banner at the beginning of Infinity War. Considering Thor was found floating in space after Thanos destroyed the ship I'm not super confident Korg made it.

The story behind that is that Loki, Banner, Thor and Heimdall were stalling so that Korg, Meek and Valkyrie could get the Asgardians away. Valkyrie is listed as alive so theres some substance to the theory

Likewise, Thanos only typically destroys half the population. Wonder if Valkyrie will find Tony in space... I didn't even realize she was going to be part of this movie until that latest poster.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/have-x-men-been-hiding-shadows-avengers-movie-1198406
rhutton125
AG
Ima say no
TheBruceWayne
im disappointed with the lack of Adam Warlock.
AgMarauder04
AG
TheBruceWayne said:

im disappointed with the lack of Adam Warlock.

Isn't that what was in the gotg2 stinger?
Flashdiaz
AG
Well she is part of the Revengers
rhutton125
AG
Random GotG2 thought:

I've kicked this film in the nuts over the last two years, but a thought occurred to me as it came up on our Endgame prep MCU rewatch. It kind of puts the film in a new light, for me.

Yesterday morning I was reading an X-Men comic that focused on Gambit and his weird backstory - all that Thieves Guild, Assassins Guild stuff. Usually the X-Men comics feature the whole X-Men team, but when you get 12 per year, they can spare the time to dedicate an issue or two to one member of the team.

In the movies, that's not the case. You get one every 2-3 years, so it has to be a big, world-saving blockbuster event. It's going to need the whole team, plus some new characters, and probably Magneto. I used to think that, in order to tell more personal, character-specific stories, you'd need to double the rate of X-films.

But maybe that's where Disney Plus will come in. The MCU X-Men will probably come out at the same rate, and probably save the world, but maybe you can have that Gambit mini-series on TV and not have to force his story into a spin-off film. Maybe a character like Colossus, who had about 8 lines of dialogue across his first 3 films (X2, X3, DoFP) could get an 8-episode run and he could have the spotlight that he never had before. Maybe that's how you get to know Archangel, rather than force him into X-Men: Apocalypse as the 12th most prominent character and then kill him off.

I think what threw me about GotG2 is that they used their "one every 2-3 years" team-up film to tell an introspective film about fathers and sons, that primarily focused on Star-Lord and Ego/Yondu. You get some Gamora/Nebula in there, and some bonus Rocket, but it's primarily character work that focuses on a few members of the team. I hated that Drax got the short end of the stick, and the action is still a pretty big downgrade from Vol 1, but it's cool that Gunn was allowed to "go for it" and make his sequel smaller instead of bigger. (Of course, they do save the universe, too.)
jtstanley4621
AG
It really would be interesting to see if they did get to a point where they do origin-type stories as series and then bigger teamups for the movies.

Honestly that seems kind of hard to imagine in my mind just because it would require SUCH a deep commitment from show to movie. Also a huge undertaking for the actor in the role.
Gangnam Style
AG
IT IS VERY LIKELY TICKETS WILL DROP AT 7 AM CENTRAL TOMORROW
israeliag
AG
Quote:

Dro07
AG
israeliag said:

Quote:

At first I thought it was Michael Pena
MooreTrucker
AG
dromo07 said:

At first I thought it was Michael Pena
That would be AMAZING!!!
rhutton125
AG
Endgame tickets are live
hurleyag
AG
Got mine for 7pm on the Thursday!
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
GreasenUSA
AG
Got 6pm on Thursday and 11am on Saturday. Alamo Drafthouse servers were all bogged down though. Phone app still won't open.
Olsen
AG
From what I've observed so far today, smaller movie chains have ticket sales going very smoothly on their online orders than Fandango, Cinemark, AMC, etc...
TexasAggie_02
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

some observations on that vid

Thanos has his armor on. He took it off at the beginning of IW on Thor's ship. Doesn't stop him from putting it back on per se, but this could be time travel to Xandar. Also, it looks like Thanos is being teleported down to the ground using the same effects that the donut ships used, which could mean that the gauntlet is damaged, OR they really did time travel to Xandar and he doesn't have the Tesseract yet. This would also explain the confused look on Thanos' face when he confronts Capt America in Wakanda, b/c from Thanos' perspective, he had already fought Capt by that point. If that is true, then their efforts at Xandar didn't work and they'd have to try something else. Also, Tony and Scott lang are not in the shot of all them in the Benatar (GOTG ship).
MooreTrucker
AG
Post removed:
by user
hurleyag
AG
Gangnam Style said:

IT IS VERY LIKELY TICKETS WILL DROP AT 7 AM CENTRAL TOMORROW
I just want to say You're the real MVP!
Charlie Conway
that trailer is really spoilery
jtstanley4621
AG
Got tickets for Saturday night. Will be avoiding this thread like the plague in the days before that.
Noblemen06
AG
10 PM opening night in IMAX...woo hoo!
bearamedic99
AG
So no spoilers here for two weeks from the 26th? I've been avoiding the Endgame thread to avoid spoilers.

I got tickets for Monday the 29th.
jtstanley4621
AG
bearamedic99 said:

So no spoilers here for two weeks from the 26th? I've been avoiding the Endgame thread to avoid spoilers.

I got tickets for Monday the 29th.
Honestly the safest thing to do in terms of avoiding spoilers might be to just not use the internet outside of emails that weekend. I could see there being some sort of meme that comes out as a result of this movie (there were a TON of infinity war memes. There were dusting memes pretty quickly after IW) that may leak onto a social media page that you follow without you actively looking for it.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I'll be going Friday at 7:30 pm.

If anyone spoils it before then, I will go Marsellus Wallace on them.
investorAg83
AG
XD seats for Friday at 7pm.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'll go Thanos on them.
First Page Last Page
Page 368 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.