*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,237 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

Yeah, either M'baku or Okoye

edit: Although, it's possible that their mom is still around
it's too bad M'baku and T'challa are all buddy-buddy now. would've been interesting to see if he'd be reluctant to help the Avengers or even actively try to stop them from undoing the snap if it means he loses the Wakanda throne
imjustsayin
AG
Question... in Age of Ultron, Tony Stark had a dream triggered by Scarlett Witch where many of the avengers were piled up dead... I remember seeing hulk, Cap, and Hawkeye... who were the others? And was/is it coincidence that they are the same cast that survived the snap?
rhutton125
AG
It was the original 6 Avengers. I don't think they survived because the dream, but rather survived because they wanted this to be primarily about the original Avengers again. But maybe it ties back in!
jackie childs
imjustsayin said:

Question... in Age of Ultron, Tony Stark had a dream triggered by Scarlett Witch where many of the avengers were piled up dead... I remember seeing hulk, Cap, and Hawkeye... who were the others? And was/is it coincidence that they are the same cast that survived the snap?
the others were thor and natasha, so he had a vision that all of the original avengers (other than him) were dead.

in the MCU, i don't think there are many coincidences.
redline248
AG
Wanda didn't show him a vision of the future, she showed him his biggest fear. That everyone died and he couldn't do anything to stop it.
AgMarauder04
AG
redline248 said:

Wanda didn't show him a vision of the future, she showed him his biggest fear. That everyone died and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

Cap died in his arms saying he could have prevented it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jackie childs said:

redline248 said:

it's too bad M'baku and T'challa are all buddy-buddy now. would've been interesting to see if he'd be reluctant to help the Avengers or even actively try to stop them from undoing the snap if it means he loses the Wakanda throne

Would've been interesting if killmonger hadnt died in BP and then survived the snap. Could've had a nice redemption arc for him. Seeing what Thanos had done could've made him realize how wrong he was.
redline248
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

redline248 said:

Cap died in his arms saying he could have prevented it.
So his fear is that he didn't stop it while believing that he could.
MandoArms
TexasAggie_02 said:

jackie childs said:

redline248 said:

Would've been interesting if killmonger hadnt died in BP and then survived the snap. Could've had a nice redemption arc for him. Seeing what Thanos had done could've made him realize how wrong he was.
Who knows what undoing the snap will do? Might even bring Killmonger back if past events are changed. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.
IG: mando_arms
Solo Tetherball Champ
TexasAggie_02 said:

jackie childs said:

redline248 said:

I thought the second half of Black Panther was rushed and Killmonger was wasted. The villain of the movie should have been Klaw all along, with Killmonger playing both sides - helping Klaw, but assisting T'Challa in defeating him primarily to gain credibility in the eyes of the Wakandans, leading to him actually having enough popular support to stage a coup in Black Panther 2 with much the same motivations.

I didn't buy the random stranger, even of the royal line, showing up out of nowhere being allowed to challenge for the throne and then having most of the "most advanced civilization" in the world immediately falling in line behind him as soon as he wins the contest.

I get that they had to leave T'Challa as King for Infinity War, but it would have a created a unique and dynamic between the two of them: T'Challa cannot trust Killmonger, but he has to keep him in his sights which plays right into Killmongers longterm goals.
V8Aggie
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

jackie childs said:

redline248 said:

I thought the second half of Black Panther was rushed and Killmonger was wasted. The villain of the movie should have been Klaw all along, with Killmonger playing both sides - helping Klaw, but assisting T'Challa in defeating him primarily to gain credibility in the eyes of the Wakandans, leading to him actually having enough popular support to stage a coup in Black Panther 2 with much the same motivations.

I didn't buy the random stranger, even of the royal line, showing up out of nowhere being allowed to challenge for the throne and then having most of the most advanced civilization in the world immediately falling in line behind him as soon as he wins it when I saw the movie and I still don't buy it now.

Klaw was definitely wasted... had such an interesting/fun character.
Solo Tetherball Champ
V8Aggie said:

Solo Tetherball Champ said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

jackie childs said:

redline248 said:

I didn't buy the random stranger, even of the royal line, showing up out of nowhere being allowed to challenge for the throne and then having most of the most advanced civilization in the world immediately falling in line behind him as soon as he wins it when I saw the movie and I still don't buy it now.

Klaw was definitely wasted... had such an interesting/fun character.
Yeah.

I'm by no means calling BP a bad movie. The first half was great and if it had stayed at or near that level, I'd have it as one of my favorite marvel movies. The second half felt incredibly rushed and much of it shattered my suspension of reality.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/angelina-jolie-talks-make-marvel-debut-eternals-1197526
rhutton125
AG
Sersi maybe. She's one of the few Eternals who lives in human civilization. Throws lavish parties and such, kind of amused by humanity. Also, an Avengers in the early 90s. Can transfigure things, like the Circe of The Odyssey.
swimmerbabe11
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
She was so hot in that.

Close 2nd is gone in 60 seconds.
Dr. Horrible
Gia
Bruce Almighty
AG
Original Sin
AliasMan02
AG
She's a legit great actress and could make a very positive impact on the franchise, but I don't see her committing to the role and the MCU. Is she gonna go to ComicCon and do panels in front of fans in cosplay? Have a walk-on cameo role in someone else's origin story? Etc.

Granted if she's in a one off, this isn't that big a deal... but I figure they're looking for someone to anchor what will be a challenging new facet of the MCU.
redline248
AG
She could always play someone in a Forrest Whittaker or Jeff Bridges role.
israeliag
AG
She could easily play a great villain a-la Cate Blanchett.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed.

Seems about on par with Blanchett, Bridges, or Redford, and we weren't worried about them "committing" to their respective roles. I'm guessing it is more of a one-off, like those, though.

Also, AliasMan02 - she has six kids, all at prime Marvel-watching ages. I could absolutely see this being for them, potentially, and in that regard, for her to show up at ComicCon and the like wouldn't at all be out of the question.

Nothing even remotely negative crossed my mind at this announcement. I think she could be awesome in this kind of role, and will commit as much as the role or the marketing requires.
AgMarauder04
AG
She already kinda looks like a Marvel villain...
tysker
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

She already kinda looks like a Marvel villain...
Well she already was a Disney villain
TCTTS
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
Damn that is an epic poster. It's cool to see the marketing with this movie. They really haven't given us much of substance at all, but everything they do drop seems to go viral very quickly.
DartAg1970
AG
I just had this thought, Post-Snap Groot is dusted. Yet his arm that makes up the handle for Stormbreaker does not dust.

Should it have or is the logic that once he cut it off it is no longer a part of him so it doesn't dust away?
Bruce Almighty
AG
So if you donated a kidney to me and you got dusted, does that kidney go away?
DartAg1970
AG
Yes
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I cant figure out who is the character between Spider-Man and Doctor Strange on the poster. Does anyone know?
Sex Panther
AG
Falcon
TCTTS
AG
Falcon.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Duh...thank you. It was driving me insane haha
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why is Gamora included among the dusted?
First Page Last Page
Page 366 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.