*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,415 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gigem314 said:

TCTTS said:

(Not a real thing, btw, but I wish it was.)
With the de-aging technology they used for CM, it would seem like there are endless possibilities for this.

Would be great to see them fill the gaps between the events of CM and IM1, with flashbacks to his very early years.
Yeah, like what happened in Havana
dave94
AG
I'd love for them to do a series of one-shots with young Fury/Colson
mazag08
AG
The least interesting Marvel content so far, outside of the street level Netflix shows like iron Fist and Luke Cage, has been Agents of Shield. A series of movies about government type bureaucrats and spies within a huge universe consisting of super heroes sounds incredibly lame. But that's just me. Apparently most Marvel fans would rather have a spy movie than a supernatural one, so I guess it would probably do very well.
dave94
AG
I was thinking more like 10-minutes shorts like they used to have on some of their home video releases, not full length movies.
aggiepublius
AG
C@LAg said:

Has this not been posted?

Can we get a Deadpool and Rocket cross-over?
MooreTrucker
AG
aggiepublius said:

C@LAg said:

Has this not been posted?

Can we get a Deadpool and Rocket cross-over?
The universe would explode from the overload of awesome!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
aggiepublius
AG
Right. And just imagine the additional prosthetics that will be available to Rocket given the R rating.
AliasMan02
AG
If they just said that Deadpool 1 and 2 were folded into the MCU, would it need any retcon? I don't think so. It would establish that the X-Men exist already (but not necessarily the Singer X-Men), which could be problematic, but I don't think any characters have come up in both Deadpool and the MCU. We even have the helicarrier (sort of) from Deadpool 1 as a crossover.
Solo Tetherball Champ
AliasMan02 said:

If they just said that Deadpool 1 and 2 were folded into the MCU, would it need any retcon? I don't think so. It would establish that the X-Men exist already (but not necessarily the Singer X-Men), which could be problematic, but I don't think any characters have come up in both Deadpool and the MCU. We even have the helicarrier (sort of) from Deadpool 1 as a crossover.
Better yet, Deadpool should be the only one aware that the X-men and Avengers Universes used to be separate.
Sex Panther
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

AliasMan02 said:

Better yet, Deadpool should be the only one aware that the X-men and Avengers Universes used to be separate.

That would be brilliant/hilarious
redline248
AG
Quote:

I don't think any characters have come up in both Deadpool and the MCU
The closest are the 2 versions of Quicksilver.
Wheatables02
AG
Yeah it was early and I was squinting so thought it was Jussie and laughed. My bad.
Saxsoon
AG
There will be so many jokes about the merger your head will spin
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Bruce Almighty
AG
The nature of the Deadpool character keeps him from needing to retconed.
MandoArms
redline248 said:

Quote:

The last fight in Deadpool 1 takes place on a decommissioned SHIELD Helicarrier though. Does that count?
IG: mando_arms
AliasMan02
AG
BrownCoat said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

The last fight in Deadpool 1 takes place on a decommissioned SHIELD Helicarrier though. Does that count?

They never actually acknowledged that, though. The studio asked permission but was denied. But yes, it could be wrapped in.
jackie childs
would anybody enjoy a dedicated thread to discuss maybe the OG avengers prior to Endgame? just a look back at their appearances in the MCU films, highlights, lowlights, etc.? i think we could do one character a week from now until the release and hit Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye.

i don't mind starting one, just wasn't sure if it was something you guys were interested in or not.
israeliag
AG
A rewatch project, in the vein of the one done for Star Wars, would make sense.
jackie childs
israeliag said:

A rewatch project, in the vein of the one done for Star Wars, would make sense.
yeah, but we probably should've started that right after infinity war. it'd be tough to plow through 20+ movies before endgame
Bruce Almighty
AG
All the character trilogies can be done together.
jabberwalkie09
AG
New TV spot for Endgame, don't think I saw anything new.

TCTTS
AG
I had/posted this basic idea weeks ago, btw /Redstone

TCTTS
AG
Granted, this dude gets WAY into some fan fiction (with dialogue and everything), but I think the basic conceit is the best, most elegant way to introduce the X-Men into the MCU.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

X Force could stay in it's own universe, since Deadpool has kept itself separate from the X Men universe.

F4 could be added pretty easily, since that is a science experiment gone wrong

X men will be the trickiest, but i think that they will find a way to pull it off. Would be weird to just say "Surprise, the mutants have been around all along, just never bothered to actually do any superhero stuff." Maybe the mutant gene has existed for generations, but requires a specific environmental trigger. Perhaps something in the MCU happens to trigger it on a widescale event, ie The Snap.

You can retcon easily, and say that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver had the gene, and that HYDRA knew about it. The mind stone was able to activate the gene. Thanos' snap effected every human being, whether you were dusted or not, and unlocks the gene in a number of people.
my post from 7/2018
Flashdiaz
AG
i'm probably the only one that thinks this, but I think it should be like the Offspring suggested and keep them separated. It's going to get to a point where it gets too muddy with all the universes colliding. What's next, bring in Jedi, Disney Princesses and Wreck-it Ralph?
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

i'm probably the only one that thinks this, but I think it should be like the Offspring suggested and keep them separated. It's going to get to a point where it gets too muddy with all the universes colliding. What's next, bring in Jedi, Disney Princesses and Wreck-it Ralph?

Honestly, I think I'm with you on this. "Muddy" is a great way to put it. Ultimately, I think it just might be too much for one universe. Granted, there's precedent in the comics, unlike brining in those other franchises you joked about, but I just don't know if seeing, say, the new Wolverine on screen with Rocket and Thor or whoever is worth the X-Men potentially feeling like an afterthought in this whole saga. I'm open to whatever Feige & co come up with, though...
TexasAggie_02
AG
Flashdiaz said:

i'd pay to see Wreck it Ralph fight the Hulk
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Holy **** - this is the greatest gif these eyes have ever seen.
rhutton125
AG
I'd much rather it be a thing that just starts to happen, without any Infinity Stone hijinks involved. Part of the appeal is in not knowing - that creepy, it-could-happen-to-anyone feeling that maybe your family contains the X-gene and now your kids are freaks. Tying it into the gauntlet just seems lazy.

I saw someone say that they could explain away the prior existence of the original X-Men (maybe a small team, plus Xavier) by having Xavier mind-wipe anyone who they ever came into contact with during their heroics, but the mutants are starting to pop up so rapidly that they're forced to step into the spotlight now.

Besides, having mutations start with the Infinity Gauntlet removes any possibility of pre-2019 stories involving Logan, Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister, Omega Red, etc. etc. Or rather, means you'd have to bend over backwards to tell those stories around a hasty decision to get mutants into the universe ASAP.

Disclaimer: I gave up on that guy's theory after about 2 paragraphs.
TCTTS
AG
I agree about the no-mutant-stories-pre-snap thing being an issue. He kind of addresses that, but not really. But I think it'd be more ridiculous if Xavier and Wolverine and everyone HAD been around all this time, as mutants, and no one knew. Like someone mentioned earlier, it'd just be kind of weird for a bunch of mutants, who have been living among us for decades, if not thousands of years, just suddenly started showing up and revealing themselves not. The Snap awakening their gene is at least organic.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Except we don't know what Endgame's plan is for if the snap happened or not
Redstone
AG
Am I being called out?
btw, DC and Snyder are superior
First Page Last Page
Page 362 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.