*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,866 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MooreTrucker said:

AgMarauder04 said:

I am going off of Feige's comments way back when.
I haven't heard him clarify since rhen. Is it making everyone who is choosing to pile on feel better? It's a comment he said, I'm eagerly awaiting the end product, and if I mistook his comments, I'll gladly admit it and apologize. Good Lord, how many more ways can I say it?
Do it in French, just for fun.

si je me suis tromp dans ses commentaires, je vais volontiers l'admettre et m'excuser.
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

I am going off of Feige's comments way back when.
I haven't heard him clarify since rhen. Is it making everyone who is choosing to pile on feel better? It's a comment he said, I'm eagerly awaiting the end product, and if I mistook his comments, I'll gladly admit it and apologize. Good Lord, how many more ways can I say it?

This is just looking for reasons to be preemptively upset, regardless of his comment. The Russo Bros didn't save the OG Avengers from the snap for them to be sidelined.

What exactly do you intend to accomplish with this line of criticism?
PatAg
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

PatAg said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Living Legend said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

In the movies, the strongest Avenger is Thor. Captain Marvel is said to be stronger, so I guess we'll see. In the comics, yea it depends on the writer. The power levels of these characters go up and down. From what I've read, Hulk is probably the strongest, but all these characters have gotten their asses kicked at some point in time.

Feige randomly decided she was the strongest. I don't want to assume some progressive agenda, but he never really gave a legit reason

Captain Marvel is one of the strongest characters in the comics so it's not far fetched for her to be the strongest in the MCU

Is she? I wouldn't know. Its a comic movie, not that important to me. The choice seemed odd, but if it has some canon background, ok then.
why did it seem odd?

The idea of bringing in some new hero to be the most powerful and save them all. That's all. Glad there's some legitimacy to it in the sense that Disney has shown to not be shy about being progressive for progressive's sake.
yea, the only thing I was initially concerned about was having her just come in and save everyone, but I havent seen Marvel be that lazy with storytelling yet. So if she is just another one that is really strong, its not that big a deal to me.
AliasMan02
AG
Countering ridiculous and baseless doomsaying.
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Well, congratulations on winning an "argument" with an anonymous internet poster. A significant accomplishment you can add to your resume.
Bruce Almighty
AG
If Captain Marvel saves the day and defeats Thanos, that will piss off a lot of fans, and I think Feige is smarter than that. I think his comment about her being the most powerful was about her potential of what she could be moving into the next phase of the MCU. With the exception of Hulk, all these characters have gotten more powerful since their introduction into the universe, and I think that will be the same for Captain Marvel. In the next phase, she may be the biggest badass in the MCU, but right now, that's Thor.
PatAg
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Well, congratulations on winning an "argument" with an anonymous internet poster. A significant accomplishment you can add to your resume.
Think that would go under skills?
Liquid Wrench
I would appreciate it if a couple of you could endorse me for internet arguing on LinkedIn. I believe LinkedIn already has sent you several emails suggesting me as someone you might know.
AgMarauder04
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

If Captain Marvel saves the day and defeats Thanos, that will piss off a lot of fans, and I think Feige is smarter than that. I think his comment about her being the most powerful was about her potential of what she could be moving into the next phase of the MCU. With the exception of Hulk, all these characters have gotten more powerful since their introduction into the universe, and I think that will be the same for Captain Marvel. In the next phase, she may be the biggest badass in the MCU, but right now, that's Thor.

After watching the MCU evolve, you're probably right...and she's a noble hero being set up, more than likely, to lead a new generation of heroes. I think Feige and the Russos know they have a fine line to walk.
AgMarauder04
AG
PatAg said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Think that would go under skills?

I dunno, "accomplishments?" "Earned 500 internet points for winning anonymous argument on message board site"
MooreTrucker
AG
It occurred to me, unless I missed something, that in the "Quantum Suit" scene, Tony looks to be wearing a regular suit as opposed to the Iron Man-looking suit that Rhodey is wearing.
TexasAggie_02
AG
MooreTrucker said:

It occurred to me, unless I missed something, that in the "Quantum Suit" scene, Tony looks to be wearing a regular suit as opposed to the Iron Man-looking suit that Rhodey is wearing.
i noticed that the other day, and then remembered that he had a nano suit, so perhaps he has it somewhere on him?
Fenrir
Rhodey doesn't have the nano technology built into his suit. It's entirely possible Tony's suit would just form around the quantum suit or something similar. Also Rhodey's suit helps with his whole paralyzed deal so it's a bit more of a requirement for him to be involved.
MooreTrucker
AG
That makes sense (both of you)
TexasAggie_02
AG
it could also be a trailer fakeout. maybe they don't want to show off Tony's suit upgrade.

Remember, IW trailer had Hulk in wakanda, and Thanos battling Capt America with only the space and power stone. Ragnorak Trailers had Thor with both eyes near the end of the movie. Spiderman homecoming had a scene with spidey swinging thru NYC with Iron Man.
swimmerbabe11
When would he have time to upgrade the suit again?
DVC2010
AG
Well he made the first one with spare scrap metal in a cave. Maybe there are lots of useful yet nonessential parts in a drifting space ship?
Fenrir
There really is no indication of how much time passes from end of IW to end of Endgame. It's not out of the realm of possibility for it to be a new suit.
MandoArms
swimmerbabe11 said:

Remember in Iron Man 3 when he had like 42 suites ready to go...I am sure he has a few prototypes sitting around somewhere.
IG: mando_arms
AgMarauder04
AG
Or he's got them back at the Avengers compound.

By the time he shows back up, formulating a plan, and putting it into action, he'll have plenty of time to make another.
TexasAggie_02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

prototype? His Avengers 1 suit that caught him falling off the building was a prototype.

We also don't know how much time has elapsed. Maybe Banner built something just in case. I assume it has at least been months, maybe a year. Widow's hair is long and turning back to red. the first trailer had a shot of what appeared to be a support group, with a framed poster on the wall that says "Where do we go, now that they're gone?" That points to people coming to acceptance with the snap and trying to get on with their lives.

The shot with Scott Lang looking surprised at the "missing" posters on the telephone pole.....I think he was stuck in the quantum realm for a long time. He just didn't pop right back out. After the initial chaos of the snap, people began printing posters and putting them up. The first trailer showed banner looking at a screen of Scott that said "Missing." Hence the shock of him showing up at the gate later. A lot of time has passed, so they assumed that he was snapped as well.
TexasAggie_02
AG
just had a crazy thought. If Thor still had Mjolnir, would it be possible to pin thanos' hand flat to the ground, preventing him from closing his fist, or snapping?
Gigem314
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

just had a crazy thought. If Thor still had Mjolnir, would it be possible to pin thanos' hand flat to the ground, preventing him from closing his fist, or snapping?
Or simply...go for the head?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fenrir said:

There really is no indication of how much time passes from end of IW to end of Endgame. It's not out of the realm of possibility for it to be a new suit.

Given Natasha's hair length, I'm going to guess that there will be some quick time skips in the beginning part of the movie covering several months. Tony can put something together in quick order I'm sure, but it's not clear when he gets back to Earth before they set off again in the newer suits. The suits could also be a cooperative between Lang and Tony, which would also speed that along as well.
rhutton125
AG
Quick thought re: power levels. I don't think it's so much that they've arbitrarily made Captain Marvel strong, but that she's at comic-accurate levels while some of the other characters have been adjusted. Obviously, this depends on the film and the era of the comics being compared, but I'd say...

Close to comics power levels:
- Captain Marvel
- Captain America
- Iron Man
- Thor (with Stormbreaker)
- Vision (he's strong, but he'll arbitrarily be knocked out of a fight pretty often)

Underpowered compared to the comics:
- Scarlet Witch
- Hulk
- Thor (with Mjolnir), just slightly
- Drax
- Mantis
- Iron Fist (should have been badass)
- Quicksilver

Overpowered compared to the comics:
- Black Panther? (I don't think his suit is as powerful as it has been in the films so far)
- Wolverine (I know it's not MCU but that dude had some absurd escalation over his 17 years of cinema. X-Men 1 he gets knocked out pretty quickly, The Wolverine he takes a sword through the chest without flinching)

I haven't read enough with Falcon, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, etc. to compare.

So like I said, I don't think it's so much that they're adding an "I win" button to the cast, but rather that they're adding an accurate, cosmic-level hero to the mix. It also sounds better to say "strongest yet" as opposed to "pretty strong, about as strong as Thor but maybe not as durable."
Fenrir
Wolverine has regenerated from a single drop of blood once in the comics. I'm not sure anything in the movies can compare to that.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I would add Daredevil to the underpowered list. His radar sense is much stronger in the comics and his agility is at the level of Spiderman.
Gangnam Style
AG
How do you think they will handle the power levels of the new Fantastic Four characters and X-Men characters coming int MCU?
Aggie94
AG
Fenrir said:

Wolverine has regenerated from a single drop of blood once in the comics. I'm not sure anything in the movies can compare to that.
/puts geek glasses on...

As I recall, the single drop of blood regeneration was aided by an alien crystal that the blood drop landed on. Special circumstance there.

His regenerative powers are portrayed inconsistently - I'd much rather they be in line with how they were depicted in Claremont and Miller's limited series and early X-Men issues rather than what's been seen lately. His being burned down to his adamantium skeleton from a blast by Nitro and then a page later being whole again comes to mind.

/geek glasses off
rhutton125
AG
Agreed! I said it a few pages back, but I'd love for Wolverine to be part of the team instead of "Wolverine and friends vs. Magneto." Also, a comics-faithful (or ideally, cartoon-faithful) version of Beast. The Nicholas Hoult version is so spare.

As far as the Fantastic Four's power levels... that's a real good question. I'm hoping we get a Thing/Hulk showdown someday. Thing should be tough as hell, though nowhere near as ferocious as the Ruffalo Hulk has been so far.
fig96
AG
I think Spidey is also worth bringing into this conversation. He seems a bit underpowered so far, but we could also chalk that up to him being a rookie Spider-Man at this point.
bearamedic99
AG
wow

I saw 94 with his "geek" glasses.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Vision is very much like DD in that he is fully subscribed to inverse ninja law. If it's 1000 ninjas fighting, he creams them. If it's one ninja fighting, he probably gets knocked out.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I'd much rather they be in line with how they were depicted in Claremont and Miller's limited series and early X-Men issues rather than what's been seen lately.
Agreed. I don't read comics nearly as much as I once did, but the ending of Old Man Logan is probably the silliest example I've actually read.
AgfromHOU
AG
SIAP, but apparently Feige is referring to the 22 movies form Iron Man to Endgame as "The Infinity Saga".

Pretty cool if you ask me
First Page Last Page
Page 359 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.