*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,992 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
duck79 said:

Thank you for the reply. He and I were researching and read about Scarlett Witch but she is only in Winter Soldier? Is that correct?

Her first appearance is in the post credit scene for Winter Soldier. Her and her brother - Quicksilver are teased.

They then are major characters in Age of Ultron, and since then she's had big roles in Civil War and Infinity War

She's definitely pretty powerful because of her magic abilities (or whatever you want to call it), but she isn't physically strong. Thor and Captain Marvel would probably be able to beat her... I think in the comics she's been pretty crazy overpowered.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
duck79
AG
Great. Thank you all.
AgMarauder04
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

In the movies, the strongest Avenger is Thor. Captain Marvel is said to be stronger, so I guess we'll see. In the comics, yea it depends on the writer. The power levels of these characters go up and down. From what I've read, Hulk is probably the strongest, but all these characters have gotten their asses kicked at some point in time.

Feige randomly decided she was the strongest. I don't want to assume some progressive agenda, but he never really gave a legit reason
Living Legend
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

In the movies, the strongest Avenger is Thor. Captain Marvel is said to be stronger, so I guess we'll see. In the comics, yea it depends on the writer. The power levels of these characters go up and down. From what I've read, Hulk is probably the strongest, but all these characters have gotten their asses kicked at some point in time.

Feige randomly decided she was the strongest. I don't want to assume some progressive agenda, but he never really gave a legit reason

Captain Marvel is one of the strongest characters in the comics so it's not far fetched for her to be the strongest in the MCU
redline248
AG
Can we talk about Wanda and omega level mutants, again?
AgMarauder04
AG
Living Legend said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Captain Marvel is one of the strongest characters in the comics so it's not far fetched for her to be the strongest in the MCU

Is she? I wouldn't know. Its a comic movie, not that important to me. The choice seemed odd, but if it has some canon background, ok then.
PatAg
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Living Legend said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Is she? I wouldn't know. Its a comic movie, not that important to me. The choice seemed odd, but if it has some canon background, ok then.
why did it seem odd?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I'm not so sure Scarlett Witch isn't the strongest. Remember how she buried Vision in Civil War? Who else could have done that? Vision versus Thor might be a fight to a draw.

Farmer1906
AG
They really seemed to nerf Vision in IF. He was getting wrecked before Cap, Widow, & Falcon came in and saved the day.
rhutton125
AG
Poor Vision. He's great in the comics.

Maybe he'll have his time to shine in the Disney+ show.
jeffk
AG
I blame that on his penchant for wearing ugly sweaters.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Farmer1906 said:

They really seemed to nerf Vision in IF. He was getting wrecked before Cap, Widow, & Falcon came in and saved the day.
Exactly. Guy seemed practically omnipotent in every other film then he's getting his ass kicked by a foot soldier the first time we see him in IW. It was incredibly inconsistent.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Farmer1906 said:

Exactly. Guy seemed practically omnipotent in every other film then he's getting his ass kicked by a foot soldier the first time we see him in IW. It was incredibly inconsistent.

It's bc they got the jump on him and stabbed him with that staff that kept him from fazing .
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Sooper Jeenyus said:

Farmer1906 said:

It's bc they got the jump on him and stabbed him with that staff that kept him from fazing .
Yep. It's the first interaction he had with the children of Thanos, getting stabbed through the gut with a scepter. Nothing inconsistent here, and I think actually shows how much power he does possess by being able to fight as well as he did even with that injury.
texasaggie04
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I imagine a big part of the reason is the next phases are probably going to be more cosmic-level threats. So they're stepping up the powers. Heck, most everybody is getting an upgrade recently (Thor, Spiderman, Hawkeye/Ronin).
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Farmer1906 said:

You did see that he got stabbed through the chest with some kind of energy staff that almost killed him, right? He had to be practically carried through the rest of the film.

And that the "foot soldier" was a member of Thanos' Black Order?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Rewatched Age of Ultron today. Still not a huge fan, but it has its moments.

Anyway, at one point, Stark is talking about the portal that opened over New York. He says something like, "We can take down second rate arms dealers all we want, but that up there? That's the end game."

Nice.

Also, a tie in to End Game and the time travel theory. One thing the movies never explain is how Strucker got Loki's sceptre. Shield had it after the battle in NY, and because Shield was infiltrated by Hydra, we have to assume the somehow Hydra got it from Shield.

But at any rate, what if someone went back in time to just after the Chitauri are defeated, took Loki's sceptre (which has the mind stone) and then hid it somewhere. Who knows where...quantum realm?

Anything to keep Thanos from getting all the stones, right?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Agents of SHIELD specifically state that is how they got the scepter.they even had von srucker guest star an episode or two.
AgMarauder04
AG
PatAg said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Living Legend said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

why did it seem odd?

The idea of bringing in some new hero to be the most powerful and save them all. That's all. Glad there's some legitimacy to it in the sense that Disney has shown to not be shy about being progressive for progressive's sake.
MooreTrucker
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

PatAg said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Living Legend said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

why did it seem odd?

The idea of bringing in some new hero to be the most powerful and save them all. That's all. Glad there's some legitimacy to it in the sense that Disney has shown to not be shy about being progressive for progressive's sake.
That's only speculation as to how she's used. Could be something else entirely that has nothing to do with her ultimate poweredness.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'll gladly eat crow if so. Just going off context clues.
TexasAggie_02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I'll gladly eat crow if so. Just going off context clues.

She's got ninth billing on the poster, she's not gonna take him out alone.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I'll add, ppl were worried about black panther in IW, and while Wakanda was a major battlefield, BP did not come in and steal anyone's thunder.
AgMarauder04
AG
Y'all feel free to call me out if I'm wrong. I'll gladly admit it. I'm married. I'm used to apologizing and admitting I'm wrong.
fig96
AG
fig96 said:

Quad Dog said:

Cap in the elevator. "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?"
This.

The fight choreography and camera work in this blows me away every time.

Following up as I'm rewatching Civil War for the first time in a while tonight. The apartment sequence with Cap and Bucky is fantastic.

bearamedic99
AliasMan02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

PatAg said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Living Legend said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

why did it seem odd?

I've asked this many times, but what in the world gives you any reason to have such little faith in Marvel at this point? This is such a terrible take.
AgMarauder04
AG
I am going off of Feige's comments way back when.
I haven't heard him clarify since rhen. Is it making everyone who is choosing to pile on feel better? It's a comment he said, I'm eagerly awaiting the end product, and if I mistook his comments, I'll gladly admit it and apologize. Good Lord, how many more ways can I say it?
MooreTrucker
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I haven't heard him clarify since rhen. Is it making everyone who is choosing to pile on feel better? It's a comment he said, I'm eagerly awaiting the end product, and if I mistook his comments, I'll gladly admit it and apologize. Good Lord, how many more ways can I say it?
Do it in French, just for fun.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Marvel might beat Thor when he was just full god mode, and definitely before. But now that he has the axe, I'm not so sure. Its basically the power and space infinity stone combined.
Malachi Constant
AG
I predict a "team-up" of sorts between Thor and Captain Marvel. Like her imbuing some of her photon energy into the axe and combined with Thor's lighting, the gauntlet is unable to stop it.
The Shank Ag
Thor and Captain Marvel have a baby... now there's your spin off
AliasMan02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

This is just looking for reasons to be preemptively upset, regardless of his comment. The Russo Bros didn't save the OG Avengers from the snap for them to be sidelined.
First Page Last Page
Page 358 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.