*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,193 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't follow this thread religiously and maybe this has already been discussed. Is Ed Norton's Hulk considered MCU?
jackie childs
maca1028 said:

I don't follow this thread religiously and maybe this has already been discussed. Is Ed Norton's Hulk considered MCU?
Yes
MooreTrucker
AG
And it still sucks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jeffk
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Do fans really think that it's at the discretion of the poster designer or even Marvel whose name makes it where? This kind of stuff is ENDLESSLY negotiated by agents. The EXACT order, font size, who gets the "and," etc. is a monumental task in and of itself to sort out between all the various agents and egos. Gurira being left off had nothing to do with Marvel "forgetting" or just not wanting to.

So why was she left off? Did Marvel cave to twitter?
jackie childs
So with 2 trailers and nearly 5 minutes, is anybody else surprised at the relative lack of Thanos?

You see his armor and hand for a couple of seconds in the first trailer and nothing in the second.
jackie childs
AgMarauder04 said:

TCTTS said:

Do fans really think that it's at the discretion of the poster designer or even Marvel whose name makes it where? This kind of stuff is ENDLESSLY negotiated by agents. The EXACT order, font size, who gets the "and," etc. is a monumental task in and of itself to sort out between all the various agents and egos. Gurira being left off had nothing to do with Marvel "forgetting" or just not wanting to.

So why was she left off? Did Marvel cave to twitter?

I don't know about Marvel, but Disney would (see Gunn, James)
Gangnam Style
AG
jackie childs said:

So with 2 trailers and nearly 5 minutes, is anybody else surprised at the relative lack of Thanos?

You see his armor and hand for a couple of seconds in the first trailer and nothing in the second.
Not really, Thanos already accomplished his goal so he's probably just chilling til the last half of the movie. Last movie belonged to Thanos, this movie should/will focus on the original Avengers.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. This almost feels like a heist movie. And in most heist movie's, yes, there's usually some kind of secondary "villain," but the *real* obstacle is the heist itself. In that sense, I think this movie will be less about defeating Thanos and more about outsmarting him. Like 85% Inception-like heist - while skipping through time itself - then a final battle with Thanos at the very, very end. That's my guess, anyway.
Sex Panther
AG
It would be really out of step for Marvel and their strategy, but any one think they might do some kind of "Thanos Rising" movie? One that tells how he became who he is? Something tells me that even though he probably dies, this won't be the last we see of him.

I think fans would eat a Thanos story up. He's too interesting a character to cast aside.
AgfromHOU
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Something about Brie Larson doesn't do it for me in the two trailers so far. Hoping the final product is good (which I'm sure it will be, it's Marvel). I'm all in for space battles.

Revisiting what I said about Larson..

I thought her personality worked great in the movie. I went in expecting Fury and Talos to be the stars, but I felt like it was her movie and wish Fury took a little more of a back seat.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jabberwalkie09
AG
C@LAg said:

Sex Panther said:

It would be really out of step for Marvel and their strategy, but any one think they might do some kind of "Thanos Rising" movie? One that tells how he became who he is? Something tells me that even though he probably dies, this won't be the last we see of him.

I think fans would eat a Thanos story up. He's too interesting a character to cast aside.
we spent 10 years with him, directly or indirectly.

he will be done.

too many other great villains to spend time with:
Dr Doom
Galactus
Kang
Mr Sinister
Mephisto
Magneto as an actual bad guy
etc

I don't know all the villains of the MCU, but I would expect the next big bad to also be of the cosmic/galactic variety and not earth bound. Unless you had Magneto working for the big bad, but that would be probably too similar to the first Avengers movie.
rhutton125
AG
I hope the MCU avoids the trap where Magneto turns out to be the villain in every film. The dude once led the Xavier school for like 10 years. He's got too much nuance to him, and there are other incredible villains, to repeat that story another 6 times.
Cromagnum
AG
Looking forward to what I presume will be Ronin since Hawkeyes family likely got dusted and forced him to come back to fight
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Lots of theories about the remaining Avengers splitting up into teams which travel to different time periods, to prevent Thanos from getting the stones.

MGS
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Lots of theories about the remaining Avengers splitting up into teams which travel to different time periods, to prevent Thanos from getting the stones.

If they are time traveling, why would they need to split up?
Quad Dog
AG
Would you go back in time and kill baby Thanks?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
What if they teased the intro of mutants by slowly adding singular characters, say Ororo Munroe as a love interest of T'challa in a BP movie?
rhutton125
AG
They could do that with Storm (though that'd suck for Nakia) and Rogue (though that'd suck for Captain Marvel - Rogue put her in a coma), but I'm not sure where else they could do that. But if anyone can find a way, it'd be Kevin Feige.

Theoretically, Wolverine could pop up in the past. I'm not sure where else it'd make enough sense to be "worth it" though. I guess Magneto in any Wanda-centered story (or vice versa).

My hope/assumption is that they'll follow the Spider-Man: Homecoming blueprint and introduce the OG team of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Iceman and Beast. Maybe add Storm or Rogue for some diversity. It'd make a lot of sense to face Magneto, but maybe they'll stick to someone we haven't seen yet like Mister Sinister. But maybe by 2024, everyone will be refreshed and ready to see Wolverine and Magneto again.
Bobcat06
AG
I hope they introduce mutants by having Deadpool come out of no where to decapitate Thanos during the climax of Endgame
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
MGS said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

If they are time traveling, why would they need to split up?
Maybe ant-man goes to New York for the battle against Thanos' troops to let the (then) Avengers know that Loki's scepter is powered by an infinity stone.

Maybe Nebula and Rocket go to retrieve the stone from the Collector before Thanos shows up.Maybe they figure they have a better chance at trying multiple paths.

I think Janet Van Dyne mentions time vortexes at the end of Ant Man & the Wasp. Maybe they are unsure if any of them will find the correct time vortex, so they try different ones.

Obviously just spitballing here.
rhutton125
AG
James Gunn reinstated for Guardians 3
fig96
AG
rhutton125 said:

Beat me to it but HELL YES.
AliasMan02
AG
I bet this was always the plan.
AgfromHOU
AG
Cosmic Ghost Rider didn't
dave94
AG
rhutton125 said:

rhutton125
AG
I feel like this is a win/win/win/win.

1) Gunn spends the entire GotG3 press tour being repentant, instead of his replacement spending the entire tour trying to convince fans to give them a shot.

2) The "Cosmic MCU" gets its biggest voice back. Whatever the Guardians look like going forward, plus Captain Marvel, and eventually the Fantastic Four. There's a lot that will be off-world in future films, but it's a lot less appetizing if the Guardians fade away or lose their mojo.

3) Guardians 3 will be a big shot in the arm to 2021 or 2022, as people's fandom is fading. A year with a Shang-Chi and a Doctor Strange 2 suddenly looks more appetizing with a GotG 3 on the slate.

4) I thought Guardians 2 rested on its laurels a bit / relied on the goodwill from Guardians 1 a bit too much, so maybe Gunn will be extra motivated to go out with a bang.

(I could see #4 backfiring as well - I'm back and everyone loves me, etc. But hopefully not!)
TCTTS
AG
tx1c
AG
Not a comic book guy, but love the MCU.

I have never heard of Shang-Chi.

Is it too early to ask for a primer on this character?
GiveEmHellBill
AG

This is what I thought was going to happen from the beginning. Let time pass, then bring him back without any fanfare (well, from Disney....fans will go apesh*t themselves).

The timing is perfect for Marvel:

- Captain Marvel is killing it at the box office.
- New Endgame trailer drops unexpectedly yesterday
- everyone is on the edge of their seat waiting for Endgame tickets to go on sale.

All of this is the perfect cover for this announcement.
First Page Last Page
Page 356 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.