*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,437 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any idea on when tickets go on sale yet?
jtstanley4621
AG
OR what if Tony and Nebula are in that scene "in spirit" so to speak? Maybe that scene is when the Avengers finally set into place whatever their plan is and they're walking towards the ship. The Avengers that were lost along the way appear next to them, walking with them but disappear as they get closer to the ship.
The Shank Ag
jtstanley4621 said:

OR what if Tony and Nebula are in that scene "in spirit" so to speak? Maybe that scene is when the Avengers finally set into place whatever their plan is and they're walking towards the ship. The Avengers that were lost along the way appear next to them, walking with them but disappear as they get closer to the ship.
Interesting thought, but I doubt they would show up as visions (either to the viewer only or in the eyes of the remaining avengers) in the same white suits that nobody has ever seen them in before
jtstanley4621
AG
The Shank Ag said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Interesting thought, but I doubt they would show up as visions (either to the viewer only or in the eyes of the remaining avengers) in the same white suits that nobody has ever seen them in before
Right. I guess I would say it's just sort of a metaphorical thing, as if they're suited up and going on the mission with them too. But they're there in spirit. Either way, just a thought haha.
redline248
AG
The Shank Ag said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Too soon
MD1993
AG
Funny tweet. Is this a crossover? Just kidding

Beat40
fightinags2013 said:

Also- It would be amazing if the movie started with Hawkeye and his daughter practicing archery... and then she gets dusted right in front of him.
This is how I want it to start. Holy smokes. The silence in the theater for that scene would be incredible.
AggieLitigator
hurleyag said:

Any idea on when tickets go on sale yet?

I figure it'll be soon since this is supposedly the final trailer. I'm also refreshing this page daily to see when someone gets the scoop on it
FTAG 2000
AG
MD1993 said:

Observations or rather question.

What is the significance of highlighted red in the trailer.

How does Thor get his hammer back. I thought we had an axe now.

All the black and white clips are historical, if you will.

Not sure if that is just revisiting old Marvel movies, or if basically they time travel and every "back in time" sequence is black and white.

I don't remember the funeral scene though, is that from one of the old movies?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
double aught
AG
AG 2000' said:

MD1993 said:

Not sure if that is just revisiting old Marvel movies, or if basically they time travel and every "back in time" sequence is black and white.

Peggy's death in Civil War.
FTAG 2000
AG
double aught said:

AG 2000' said:

MD1993 said:

Peggy's death in Civil War.
Good call.

Yeah, guessing none of the B&W stuff is even in this then.
FTACO97
AG
John Matrix said:

I know it's been said on this thread before, but I think this needs to be reiterated: it is one month before the release of this film, the trailers have basically just included small snippets of dialogue with little action, past clips, and voice overs, and this thread is exploding with excitement. That shows how powerful Marvel is right now.
This. I fully applaud how they've been able to keep the story line under wraps. We all have our theories and likely some will be true, but they're not spoiling anything of substance yet.
FTACO97
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

The Shank Ag said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Right. I guess I would say it's just sort of a metaphorical thing, as if they're suited up and going on the mission with them too. But they're there in spirit. Either way, just a thought haha.
There's no way that Tony isn't going to make it back. I expect him to be heavily involved in the story. He's the top character in the movie poster.
TCTTS
AG
Fantastic trailer. As others have said, it's the perfect tease while simultaneously building hype to unprecedented levels.

Speaking of... is this, RIGHT NOW (over the next six weeks or so) the peak of the MCU? In other words, will the MCU ever achieve THIS level of hype/interest ever again? As excited as I am for this movie, and knowing the MCU will obviously continue for years to come, I can't help but think that after Endgame, we'll never reach this level again. I just can't imagine a combination of characters that will top this original bunch in terms of fans' love/sentiment/attachment to them, or a scenario this attuned to the pop culture zeitgeist (the snap, attempting to undo the snap) ever again. Not because I don't think there will be great characters or awesome stories going forward, but because this feels like the end of the original/"classic" MCU, and basically nothing is ever as good as the original, if only because it's the original. Granted, the X-Men being integrated could of course eventually give this a run for its money - and might eventually boast a combined cast of characters and story as beloved as this one - but I just don't know that it'll ever be quite on the same level as this.
MooreTrucker
AG
Ooooo, the thought of a series of movies involving the X-Men, in all of their various iterations and combinations, and done properly....gives me goosebumps.
The Collective
AG
I think this peak hype. I'm not a huge Marvel fanboy, but my excitement level is near TFA levels for this one.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MD1993 said:

Funny tweet. Is this a crossover? Just kidding

I believe if there was a poll conducted, I'd turn up as one of 3 people in the entire world who thinks Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a damn good movie. Love the story, the musical score by Jerry Goldsmith, the visual effects, the new version of the Enterprise ... but damn those Starfleet uniforms were God-awful. On the other hand, these white uniforms the Avengers are wearing look pretty damn cool (as is pretty much everything with the MCU).
TCTTS
AG
Btw, between the two trailers, based on Black Widow's hair alone, it's clear now that A LOT of time passes (as her natural red grows back) before whatever (likely) climactic event the Avengers are walking toward/gearing up for in that last shot...

John Matrix
AG
TCTTS said:

Fantastic trailer. As others have said, it's the perfect tease while simultaneously building hype to unprecedented levels.

Speaking of... is this, RIGHT NOW (over the next six weeks or so) the peak of the MCU? In other words, will the MCU ever achieve THIS level of hype/interest ever again? As excited as I am for this movie, and knowing the MCU will obviously continue for years to come, I can't help but think that after Endgame, we'll never reach this level again. I just can't imagine a combination of characters that will top this original bunch in terms of fans' love/sentiment/attachment to them, or a scenario this attuned to the pop culture zeitgeist (the snap, attempting to undo the snap) ever again. Not because I don't think there will be great characters or awesome stories going forward, but because this feels like the end of the original/"classic" MCU, and basically nothing is ever as good as the original, if only because it's the original. Granted, the X-Men being integrated could of course eventually give this a run for its money - and might eventually boast a combined cast of characters and story as beloved as this one - but I just don't know that it'll ever be quite on the same level as this.

That's a great question. In my opinion, this is definitely peak Marvel. It won't get any better than this. We'll probably have a ton of Captain Marvel level films-good, not necessarily great- and s big event team up that more or less works, but this kind of hype and buildup is a one time thing.

One thing I am legitimately concerned about is burn out. My wife and I have border line religiously watched every single Marvel film in theaters for the past decade because they are so well made, interconnected and thought out. We knew they were building to an Infinity War/Endgame, which made every entry seem essential. One thing about reading comics that, ironically, kept me from becoming s true comic book nerd is that there is no end to these stories. I'm afraid the MCI is going to fall for this trap. A story needs a beginning, middle, and an end, and to just keep on making these into a second decade seems like a recipe for burnout. Don't get me wrong, Black Panther, Ant man, etc. are all great, but they'll never become as iconic as Iron Man,Cap.

TLDR Version: Enjoy the MCU as it is because nothing stays perfect forever in art.
TCTTS
AG
Assembled...

veryfuller
Staff
AG
I agree that burnout is possible (if not likely because the market is saturated with super hero movies).

I do think Kevin Feige knows what he is doing, however. It seems that if this is the culmination of what he has been building, that he would be smart to then start over, build something new. It sounds like they are going in some crazy directions with the next phase, but if they build things right, I can see it reaching this level of enthusiasm in 10 years.

Can you imagine a scenario, in 2030, where a new team of Avengers is in deep and needs help and Tony Stark comes to help? People would jump in line to see RDJ jump back in to these films.

fightinags2013
AG
Lol that they can kill off half the characters and still have a poster PACKED with great ones..

Granted- we know many are coming back, but still pretty amazing.
rhutton125
AG
I'll agree that this is peak MCU, but I can also imagine a day, far from now, where Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four and the Avengers team up to stop a great iteration of Doctor Doom... maybe bring Tony out of retirement...

It's hard to imagine those things timing out before any burnout sets in, but who knows? I thought balancing 6 characters in Avengers would be too much, and here we are now. Crazy.
FTACO97
AG
This is certainly peak Marvel (so far). But as others have mentioned, we can likely reach this point again in 10 years. Think of it like Star Wars OT (peak at Return of the Jedi)...then the peak excitement for Phantom Menace and the prequels.....and then the peak excitement for The Force Awakens and the new trilogy.

The return of X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc back to Marvel is adding a huge piece to them. These stories told in the vein of what the MCU has accomplished so far, plus bringing these characters together in stories, we'll have many more times of peak excitement.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
On the suits:

jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Btw, between the two trailers, based on Black Widow's hair alone, it's clear now that A LOT of time passes (as her natural red grows back) before whatever (likely) climactic event the Avengers are walking toward/gearing up for in that last shot...

Im thinking that everything that's been in the trailers so far has only been from the first two acts of the film. You get that impression as well?
redline248
AG
Did Cap have the beard in the Captain Marvel mid credits scene?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Quote:

Im thinking that everything that's been in the trailers so far has only been from the first two acts of the film. You get that impression as well?
I have to believe that all the people that got dusted won't just sit out the fight against Thanos. "Hi! Welcome back! We won! Glad you're not dust anymore! You're welcome."

No idea how the plot handles this. Either they get together somehow and then beat Thanos and thereby reverse the snap OR the snap gets reversed, and then angry Thanos is angry, and the heroes team up OR I don't know.
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

TCTTS said:

I think the vast majority of the two trailers are from act one, save for the shots with Black Widow's longer/redder hair, which, yeah, are likely act two. I'm just wondering how so much time passes across act one and act two, considering Scott shows up when Black Widow has shorter, blonde hair, as does Captain Marvel (based on the Captain Marvel end credit scene where BW has short hair as well).
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I know most of the speculation is the Avengers undo things with time travel, but I wonder if they might alternatively built their own infinite gauntlet or retrieve Thanos' gauntlet and use that to undo the snap? The quantum realm could be used as a way to travel across space to wherever Thanos is.

I could also see Thanos regretting the snap and feeling it wasn't worth the cost, then working with the avengers to try to undo it and some unknown threat trying to block them. That unknown threat could potentially evolve into the post-Thanos Uber bad guy who everyone knows is coming after earth / the avengers eventually. You could even lose all the current actors whose contracts are about to end to an unknown fate trying to slow down this new bad guy after undoing the snap, and that way they're not dead but not available for phase 4+, and yet could reappear down the road for future climactic Avengers films.
Thanks and gig'em
MooreTrucker
AG
John Matrix said:

That's a great question. In my opinion, this is definitely peak Marvel. It won't get any better than this. We'll probably have a ton of Captain Marvel level films-good, not necessarily great- and s big event team up that more or less works, but this kind of hype and buildup is a one time thing.

One thing I am legitimately concerned about is burn out. My wife and I have border line religiously watched every single Marvel film in theaters for the past decade because they are so well made, interconnected and thought out. We knew they were building to an Infinity War/Endgame, which made every entry seem essential. One thing about reading comics that, ironically, kept me from becoming s true comic book nerd is that there is no end to these stories. I'm afraid the MCI is going to fall for this trap. A story needs a beginning, middle, and an end, and to just keep on making these into a second decade seems like a recipe for burnout. Don't get me wrong, Black Panther, Ant man, etc. are all great, but they'll never become as iconic as Iron Man,Cap.

TLDR Version: Enjoy the MCU as it is because nothing stays perfect forever in art.
But how do you "end" a story like this? They can't all die/disappear, and the world will always need protecting. I get what you're saying, but how could they pull that off?

ETA other than what Journalist posted as I typed this..... :-/
jackie childs
n/m
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

i think it's possible that this is the peak, but then again, i'd have probably said the same after the first avengers movie...then again after civil war...and then infinity war.

fact is, far more often than not, marvel has continued to surprise me and exceed my expectations at damn near every turn.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
John Matrix said:

TCTTS said:

Agreed.

I've definitely reached the burn-out phase with these movies. Not that they are bad or that I'm just not impressed with any of them lately ...

I had a similar case of burn-out with a bunch of awful Batman movies (almost missed Batman Begins because of this) when Iron Man came out. Skipped it entirely during its theatrical run, but when my neighbor brought over the DVD to watch, I was impressed. I think by that time I'd also skipped on The Incredible Hulk, not that it really mattered, because I was not fond of the Ang Lee Hulk movie from 2003. I went to see Iron Man 2 and while that movie was not bad, it also wasn't that great and alone did nothing to pull me into this universe. I lost a bet with that same neighbor over the A&M - LSU Cotton Bowl game, and my payoff was to treat this guy to a movie ... which ended up being Thor. Captain America First Avenger is the movie that really started to pull me into the MCU, and the first Avengers cemented that.

They have been pointing toward Endgame for more than 10 years, with all these movies building upon each other ... and now that the payoff is just about here, I am emotionally done, ready to see how this concludes, and take a step back from this universe. I will still see the ensuing movies, but I just don't see how they are going to keep my emotional interest at such a jacked-up level once the Avengers defeat Thanos. At least not without setting up some ground work to bring in some new, bigger, badder villain.
First Page Last Page
Page 354 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.