*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,353 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IMO, I don't think they can top IW's opening weekend.

It just feels like the hype was bigger for IW at this point in the year, than it is for Endgame. (Or is it just me?)

But aside from that, I think GoT on Sunday might take a few million off it's Sunday take that it would've otherwise had. (Battle of Winterfell episode.)
i'm not so sure about that. given the IW ciffhanger, i'd imagine there's a pretty good case to be made for endgame exceeding the IW numbers. of course, the longer run time will mean fewer showings, so it might take more theaters to balance that out.

as far as the hype is concerned, i agree that there seems to be less hype than there was for IW. part of that can maybe be attributable to captain marvel just now coming out, whereas black panther came out in mid-February last year. gave marvel a couple of extra weeks to dial up the hype.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a good point regarding the later release date for CM.

They didn't really give themselves much room this time. They can only give this movie maybe 2-3 more weeks before the Endgame marketing really dials it up.
dvldog
AG
Any announcement on when tickets are supposed to go on sale?
Liquid Wrench
I would think the Captain Marvel box office is a pretty strong indicator of Endgame hype, no? It's just unusual to have two MCU films this close together. So instead of just watching youtube videos about Endgame theories, people are actually buying tickets to go watch a movie that's supposed to help set up Endgame. Pretty brilliant.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IMO, I don't think they can top IW's opening weekend.

It just feels like the hype was bigger for IW at this point in the year, than it is for Endgame.

Maybe it was, but I think Endgame has more anticipation surrounding it being the culmination of years of stories. Endgame has also had to contend with all the stuff that Captain Marvel generated. I don't expect it to top IW for opening week, but I think it has the potential to come close to matching it.
Urban Ag
AG
I don't know. I think it is going to perform exceptionally well on opening weekend.

The longer anyone, the world over, waits to see it, the bigger the chance they stumble across how it ends unintentionally.

Typically I am just not that interested or vested in movies to care. Someone could post the entire script to SW Ep 9 and I'd read it, cause I really just don't care about that trilogy. But this, yeah I want to know nothing and want to see it as soon as it's available.

Flashdiaz
AG
Urban Ag said:

I don't know. I think it is going to perform exceptionally well on opening weekend.

The longer anyone, the world over, waits to see it, the bigger the chance they stumble across how it ends unintentionally.

Typically I am just not that interested or vested in movies to care. Someone could post the entire script to SW Ep 9 and I'd read it, cause I really just don't care about that trilogy. But this, yeah I want to know nothing and want to see it as soon as it's available.

I watched Infinity War when it came to video and I managed to stay spoiler free.

Having said that, i'll see Endgame in theaters because IW was just damn good and I want to know how it ends as soon as possible.
Farmer1906
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Urban Ag said:

I watched Infinity War when it came to video and I managed to stay spoiler free.

Having said that, i'll see Endgame in theaters because IW was just damn good and I want to know how it ends as soon as possible.

How is that even possibly?
Urban Ag
AG
Do you have kids at home? On many occasions I have had to squelch the kiddos from ruining stuff for me, mainly because our teen watches youtube everyday and scours for spoilers on new releases or soon to be released.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Urban Ag said:

I think at this point people are more invested in how the stories end for Cap, Thor, and Tony more so than how the greater MCU shakes out at the end of Endgame. I also think some people, much like yourself, are more invested in the MCU than Star Wars at this point as a whole. Which is why I think Endgame will be fine.

Episode IX and the upcoming shows for the streaming platform like The Mandalorian if done well could go aways to help get people back into the franchise though.
Flashdiaz
AG
kids are under 8 so no access to internet other than momo sites.
And anytime anyone brought the movie up, i'd tell them to shut it or I would finally snap.

(ok that last part was a lie).

I did know something bad would happen because of jackasses talking about it ending on a downer and comparing it to Empire Strikes Back. As soon as one of the characters in the movie explained what he could do, I knew it would happen.
nickstro66
AG
Now that Game of Thrones is ending, think that will free up some of their actors to appear in the MCU as a big name character?
Liquid Wrench
Apparently Sophie Turner was already freed up to do superhero movies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
nickstro66 said:

Now that Game of Thrones is ending, think that will free up some of their actors to appear in the MCU as a big name character?

Maybe, but some of them have already appeared in other properties before now. Turner and Christie have both been in big franchise productions, and Tuner still has a Marvel film coming up this year in Dark Phoenix. Emilia Clarke was in Terminator Genysis and Solo. Peter Dinklage was in Thor Ragnarok. I think Nikolaj Caster-Waldau would probably be at the top of my list for who I'd cast into a Marvel film. His portrayal as Jaime has been fantastic.

Just depends on the character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Possibly what?
jackie childs
jabberwalkie09 said:

nickstro66 said:

Maybe, but some of them have already appeared in other properties before now. Turner and Christie have both been in big franchise productions, and Tuner still has a Marvel film coming up this year in Dark Phoenix. Emilia Clarke was in Terminator Genysis and Solo. Peter Dinklage was in Thor Ragnarok. I think Nikolaj Caster-Waldau would probably be at the top of my list for who I'd cast into a Marvel film. His portrayal as Jaime has been fantastic.

Just depends on the character.
i suggested on another thread that he'd make a good Adam Warlock, assuming this is the look they go for:

rhutton125
AG
Wow he'd be badass as Adam Warlock.

Or Doctor Doom.

Or anyone, really - just get him in here.
nickstro66
AG
I think Kit would be a great Dr. Doom
redline248
AG
Nikolaj was in that Tom Cruise movie Oblivion, or whatever. That was back in the early seasons of GoT. Then he was in that shtty Gods of Egypt movie. I'm not sure he can really carry a main role. Then again, the directors in the MCU have been pretty good.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Peter Dinklage was in Thor Ragnarok Infinity War
fify
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Possibly what?

Possible*

Seems like the snap was bigger than the movie. Everyone knew about it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

Peter Dinklage was in Thor Ragnarok Infinity War
fify

Goddammit, thanks.
Liquid Wrench
Dinklage was also in X-Men Days of Future Past
Dro07
AG
It's was a small role
OnlyForNow
AG
He looks like the comic so ya, I agreeZ
Sex Panther
AG
Question for the comic readers... re: The Kree

So the Kree have been pretty prevalent now across the MCU. It seems as though they aren't really bad necessarily, but they are kind of a**holes. It also appears that they are the dominant species/civilization in the galaxy? (outside the Asgardians, which I take as kind of a different thing altogether)

My main question though is their appearance... I thought they were always blue? But now we've seen some like Annette Benning, Jude Law, Djimon Honsou, etc that look like normal humans. So are those not real Kree?
Urban Ag
AG
So was the Ronin guy in the first GOTG a Kree? Nebula? They're blue.
Andyzipp
AG
Sex Panther said:

Question for the comic readers... re: The Kree

So the Kree have been pretty prevalent now across the MCU. It seems as though they aren't really bad necessarily, but they are kind of a**holes. It also appears that they are the dominant species/civilization in the galaxy? (outside the Asgardians, which I take as kind of a different thing altogether)

My main question though is their appearance... I thought they were always blue? But now we've seen some like Annette Benning, Jude Law, Djimon Honsou, etc that look like normal humans. So are those not real Kree?
In the comics, the Kree have blue or pink skin. IIRC, blue was original, but pink was more prevalent. The blue were considered more "pure", but there were fewer of them.
Sex Panther
AG
Ronan is Kree, he's in Captain Marvel as well (sorry spoiler alert)

He's a Kree fanatic/zealot... not sure on Nebula.
Andyzipp
AG
Urban Ag said:

So was the Ronin guy in the first GOTG a Kree? Nebula? They're blue.

Ronan is a Kree zealot. Nebula is a Luphomoid in the comics.
Urban Ag
AG
thanks.

As noted, I read X-Men and related for a number of years but I was never in to the characters/comics the MCU covers. Man, I thought keeping up with GOT was hard, this is unreal.
jtstanley4621
AG
So I don't think this is a spoiler, but Jude Law is a Kree right? What makes Ronan have the skin color that he does and Law just looks like a normal human?
OnlyForNow
AG
Is it worth seeing in 3D?
redline248
AG
Question on the cosmic part of the MCU. Are all the planets and aliens we've seen since Guardians 1 all in the same galaxy? In Thor 1 when he's teaching Jane about the realms, I got the impression those were parallel universes. Then, in later movies, everyone seems to know what Asgardians are. It seems like they've been a little inconsistent on this, but now I think it's all one galaxy.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 349 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.