*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,490,802 Views | 27707 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by MBAR
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TajMaballer said:

YouBet said:

We watched again last night. Absolutely fantastic movie.

If there is an MCU movie that should get nominated it's this one.

Here's my thing with awards season and the MCU. Black Panther is a much more accessible film for anyone who hasn't watched or cared to watch any other MCU movies (most people who vote for awards). Infinity War rewards people who have followed since Iron Man back in 2008, so Infinity War is an achievement for sure, but Black Panther is a stand alone movie that anyone can just put on and enjoy.

Loved both movies, but I get why Infinity War is not getting the awards love that Black Panther is.
Valid point except that BP by itself itsn't award worthy. Average movie. But, we can save this for the Oscars thread later on.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
"You're from earth?"
"No I'm not from earth I'm from Missouri"
"That's on earth dip****"

"What is it they do?"
"Kick names, take ass"
easttexasaggie04
AG
I might give this movie a third viewing while it's still on Netflix
bearamedic99
AG
https://www.savedaredevil.com

take a sec and sign the petition please
YouBet
AG
By the way, I'm not sure if anyone noticed this...I missed it in my first viewing but did anyone else notice Star Lord using a freaking bubble level when he was confirming Knowwhere's planetary axis?
Bruce Almighty
AG
YouBet said:

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone noticed this...I missed it in my first viewing but did anyone else notice Star Lord using a freaking bubble level when he was confirming Knowwhere's planetary axis?

I guess you missed that the planet was Titan on your second viewing.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

YouBet said:

What does that have to do with using a bubble level?
Bruce Almighty
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Bruce Almighty said:

YouBet said:

What does that have to do with using a bubble level?

He was using the level on Titan, not Knowhere.
YouBet
AG
Whatever the planet it was funny. Just hadn't seen that mentioned before.
jamaggie06
AG
Does it bother anyone that it was basically Starkord's fault that Thanks got all six stones? He literally takes Gomorrah to where he knows Thanos is going/will be. Then, when Iron Man and Spiderman have the gauntlet all but off, he punches Thanos and wakes him up.

I'm glad he got disintigreted with the snap. He deserved it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jamaggie06 said:

Does it bother anyone that it was basically Starkord's fault that Thanks got all six stones? He literally takes Gomorrah to where he knows Thanos is going/will be. Then, when Iron Man and Spiderman have the gauntlet all but off, he punches Thanos and wakes him up.

You do realize that star Lord had to do that? It's all part of the 1 in 14 million that they win.

DVC2010
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

jamaggie06 said:

You do realize that star Lord had to do that? It's all part of the 1 in 14 million that they win.

I think the point is that if Star Lord had better self-control, it would have been more like 8 million in 14 million that they win.
TexasAggie_02
AG
DVC2010 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

jamaggie06 said:

I think the point is that if Star Lord had better self-control, it would have been more like 8 million in 14 million that they win.

Strange could've frozen time, or stuck star Lord in the mirror realm. Thor could've gone for the head.

The point is that strange knew that star Lord was going to do it, and did nothing to stop him, bc that path leads to victory.

Strange is playing the long game.

Maybe he saw an instance where they do get the glove off, but something worse happens when one of the heroes tries to use it?
swimmerbabe11
I blame Nebula. She pointed it out. Starlord was too dense to understand until she blurted things.
dave94
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I blame Nebula. She pointed it out. Starlord was too dense to understand until she blurted things.

While both of their reactions really did screw things up, I do love the way they portrayed their emotions.

Similarly, when Nebula said "he did it" after the snap, that was really well done by Karen Gillan.
DVC2010
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

DVC2010 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

jamaggie06 said:

Strange could've frozen time, or stuck star Lord in the mirror realm. Thor could've gone for the head.

The point is that strange knew that star Lord was going to do it, and did nothing to stop him, bc that path leads to victory.

Maybe he saw an instance where they do get the glove off, but something worse happens when one of the heroes tries to use it?

This is possible. I think it's more likely that there are literally zero out of 14 million opportunities where Star Lord can control his temper.
bearamedic99
AG
I still find it weird how soon Avengers will be released after Captain Marvel.
TajMaballer
AG
Tickets are on sale for Captain Marvel!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Fenrir
That profile pic for rdj is amazing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TajMaballer said:

Tickets are on sale for Captain Marvel!

Just got mine. The 7pm at the B/CS Cinemark is filling up.
investorAg83
AG
ATM1876 said:

This reddit post regarding Endgame went viral yesterday:
Quote:

Liver cancer, mouth cancer, bone marrow failure. Will probably be dead before April. I've heard of people getting early screenings before.
How do I get in on this action?
I'm not a child or anyone with a particularly tragic story. Just a normal guy. I'm 33, lost my sister three years ago to the same rare genetic disease it turns out I have too. I'll leave behind a devoted girlfriend and an adopted greyhound.
I thought I'd make it to April at least but my bone marrow is toast.
Any suggestions?
These stories always get me. I hope he gets a chance to see it if his situation is as dire as he says it is.

The first line of that post made me think it was Fanconi Anemia and after reading his updates, it is. Same diesease I lost my friend and his sister to; same disease Jimbo's son has.
jtstanley4621
AG
Anyone catch the "sneak peek" at Captain Marvel during the title game?
fig96
AG
(There's more discussion on the Captain Marvel thread)

Phat32
AG
I'm warming up to CM
YellAgs
AG
Uhhhh lol
YellAgs
AG
fig96 said:

(There's more discussion on the Captain Marvel thread)

looks pretty awesome to me
Kate Beckett
AG
Got my ticket for that Friday afternoon. Can't wait.
Farmer1906
AG
The 2nd trailer or "special look" is 100x better than the first trailer.
texasaggie04
AG
DVC2010 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

DVC2010 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

jamaggie06 said:

This is possible. I think it's more likely that there are literally zero out of 14 million opportunities where Star Lord can control his temper.

Thanos seems to have leveled Xandar without any of the stones in his possession. Very possible getting the glove off wouldn't have stopped him.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie04 said:

DVC2010 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

DVC2010 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

jamaggie06 said:

Thanos seems to have leveled Xandar without any of the stones in his possession. Very possible getting the glove off wouldn't have stopped him.
Maybe not just getting the glove off, but what about someone else putting the glove on. It may have killed that person, but it would be enough to end Thanos.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Was there anyone else on Titan even powerful enough to handle the glove?
Farmer1906
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Was there anyone else on Titan even powerful enough to handle the glove?

I'm pretty sure a suited up tony would have tried. Spider-Man is the most physically strong one on titan. Of course Strange had already wielded the time stone so he may have been able to with his mystic arts.

Edit: I looked it up. Spidey, Iron Man, & Nebula have all worn it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I know Nebula has worn it, but she is way more powerful in the comics than she is in the movies.
First Page Last Page
Page 327 of 792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.