*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,828 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Noblemen06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really hope the line delivery in the trailers isn't the final product - Larson comes across as overly flat like it's a table read or something.
Urban Ag
AG
I watched the trailer twice and I think it's her voice that feels off. It sounds like the voice of a female character narrating a teen angst/coming of age movie.
M.C. Swag
AG
"Noble Warriors."
"Heroes....noble warrior heroes"

^barf
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The constant use of the text going from "HER" to "A HERO" in every trailer is getting repetitive and cheesy.
jtstanley4621
AG
PDWT_12 said:

third coast.. said:

"gal gadots (sp) name. perfect casting."

It's actually funny you mention her as an example, as her casting as Wonder Woman was very much criticized by large portions of the internet up until she appeared in BvS.

I will agree that she's not knocking it out of the park in trailers, and some of the dialogue seems off. But Marvel has taught me not to trust their trailers. They constantly have lines that don't make the movies or get cut at weird places.

All that said, I think the space sequence looks awesome. And Fury stopping to pet the cat and whispering "I'll be back" is me at any social gathering where there is a dog.
Yeah it sorta felt like Larson was just saying incredibly generic superhero movie lines. In fact, it seemed like everything her character said was super generic.

But at the same time you'd have to think that Marvel knows how critical this movie is both in terms of it being their first female-led superhero film and Captain Marvel figuring largely into whatever the next direction the MCU takes. I'd be pretty surprised if it came out mediocre or bad.
tysker
AG
From the trailer I did learn that Captain Marvel's hair and hair-styling is going to be featured prominently throughout the film
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The constant use of the text going from "HER" to "A HERO" in every trailer is getting repetitive and cheesy.
meh i dont really care about the marketing as much as the sample of dialogue i just heard. It sounds awful.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

Am I the only one waiting for Marvel to turn around and accidently shoot Marvin in the face? Would be a nice Pulp Fiction homage.
rhutton125
AG
IGN article that shines a little bit of light on Larson's take on the character. It's not super insightful, but it doesn't sound like she's going to be the super-detached, super powerful boring character.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/04/becoming-captain-marvel-how-brie-larson-crafted-the-mcus-most-powerful-hero

The Gal Gadot comparison is a good one, because I thought she came across as super wooden in BvS and (if I'm remembering right) the WW trailers. And obviously that didn't stop her.

And while they aren't really marketing it very much, we're getting a good deal of other content that gives me some hype:

- Kree/Skrull war
- Shield - Fury and Coulson
- Ronan and Korath - hopefully fleshed out better than in GotG1
- Great cast

I'm not super hyped but I love me some Kree, Skrulls and Nick Fury. So there's that.
Gigem314
AG
hurleyag said:

Calling it. Danvers and Quill hook up and Gamora stays dead.
Farmer1906
AG

This has a Dragon Ball feel to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
hurleyag
AG
I'll take column G for the bingo
jabberwalkie09
AG
Her eyes also glow like a Goauld from Stargate....ITS A TRAP!
easttexasaggie04
AG
I really wanted to be excited about this movie but after watching this trailer I'm thinking I might wait until Netflix.
TexasAggie_02
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I really wanted to be excited about this movie but after watching this trailer I'm thinking I might wait until Netflix.
are you going to wait until netflix for A4? It will somehow tie-in. I think it would be worth it just to be caught up.
MooreTrucker
AG
Agreed. I missed on Antman & The Wasp in the theater but will definitely watch it soon for that reason.
swimmerbabe11
M.C. Swag said:

"Noble Warriors."

^barf

Agreee. This is as bad as the suicide squad line "I'm going to throw them in a hole and throw that hole ib a hole"

Also, shut up. If everyone is a hero, no one is a hero
jtstanley4621
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

M.C. Swag said:

"Noble Warriors."

^barf

Agreee. This is as bad as the suicide squad line "I'm going to throw them in a hole and throw that hole ib a hole"

Also, shut up. If everyone is a hero, no one is a hero
I actually think that would be a pretty funny follow up line by Jackson.
CowtownAg06
AG
Not sure if this has been discussed, but apparently Antman and the Wasp will be the last MCU movie on Netflix.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/08/ant-man-wasp-marvel-disney-netflix-streaming-star-wars/
wangus12
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but apparently Antman and the Wasp will be the last MCU movie on Netflix.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/08/ant-man-wasp-marvel-disney-netflix-streaming-star-wars/
They're putting Avengers: Infiinity War up this month?
Gigem314
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This has a Dragon Ball feel to it.

jtstanley4621
AG
This gives me a good opportunity to post one of my favorite gifs:

investorAg83
AG
wangus12 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Christmas day
CowtownAg06
AG
investorAg83 said:

wangus12 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Christmas day
Antman and the Wasp will be early 2019, after IW.
wangus12
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Also there is no reason people who've been following along should not go see the finale in theatres.
Farmer1906
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

This gives me a good opportunity to post one of my favorite gifs:

Not even the best NBA one.

TajMaballer
AG
The latest rumor is that Avengers 4 trailer Friday at 8am and Spider-Man Far From Home on Saturday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The LeBron one is much better.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TajMaballer said:

The latest rumor is that Avengers 4 trailer Friday at 8am and Spider-Man Far From Home on Saturday.
What happened to all the Wednesday talk?
AliasMan02
AG
TajMaballer said:

Debut Saturday? No way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah, delayed due to Bush's funeral. Makes sense.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/avengers-4-trailer-reportedly-delayed-due-bush-funeral/
TCTTS
AG
Great link/rundown. Thanks for posting.

Basically, it's looking like Thursday, Friday, and Saturday could bring us some combination of trailers for Avengers 4, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Crazy.
AMW2010
AG
How is no one excited about the Flerken?!?
First Page Last Page
Page 314 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.