*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,461 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
Halftime is under 2:00 minutes of game time.
CowtownAg06
AG
Let's go!
wangus12
AG
Looks pretty sweet
amercer
AG
Seems cool.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The space fight stuff toward the end looks pretty dang cool.
wangus12
AG
TC posted it already
amercer
AG
So set in the 90s, with her flashbacks being 80s?

I'm sure it will be good and make tons of money but it's hard to get too hyped with Avengers hanging over everything. Unless the Avengers trailer has a lot of tie in to this...
Sex Panther
AG
Looks dope... like a more serious Guardians of the Galaxy.
phatpat21
I'm in
TCTTS
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
Something about Brie Larson doesn't do it for me in the two trailers so far. Hoping the final product is good (which I'm sure it will be, it's Marvel). I'm all in for space battles.
AMW2010
AG
What's the cats name? Does it have any significance to the trailer? I'm still beyond curious how she ties into avengers 4... and I'm guessing since we just got this trailer we won't be getting any avengers 4 stuff?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So basically, Ben Mendelson is a villain in every franchise ever.
wangus12
AG
AMW2010 said:

What's the cats name? Does it have any significance to the trailer? I'm still beyond curious how she ties into avengers 4... and I'm guessing since we just got this trailer we won't be getting any avengers 4 stuff?
I thought the rumor was Avengers 4 was dropping later this week
wangus12
AG
Shame we aren't getting some of the older costume designs

amercer
AG
AMW2010 said:

Half the universe is dead and she's got cosmic level powers, so I'm guessing the tie-in is that she fights Thanos.

It's just really odd to throw her origin story out a month before the most anticipated comic book movie ever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess I'll be the wet rag and say that I thought that space fighting stuff looks a little ridiculous. And she seems ridiculously overpowered.

It's clear now she's the Deus Ex Machina that will singlehandedly take out the threat of Thanos. I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's what this feels like it's setting up, which would feel really cheap.
AliasMan02
AG
I love how over the top they made her "powered up" look. Straight up Super Saiyan.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I guess I'll be the wet rag and say that I thought that space fighting stuff looks a little ridiculous. And she seems ridiculously overpowered.

It's clear now she's the Deus Ex Machina that will singlehandedly take out the threat of Thanos. I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's what this feels like it's setting up, which would feel really cheap.

Why would you think that, given every single thing you've seen from Marvel, and the Russo Bros specifically?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The final scene in Infiniy War was my first clue.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think it's "clear" at all that she will singlehandedly take out Thanos. If anything, A4 is going to be the most "teamwork" comic book movie ever made, considering everyone who's going to have to shine, get their moment, etc.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Misspoke. Singlehandedly "save the day". Without whom they could never win, if that makes sense.
TCTTS
AG
Potentially. But I really do think it's going to be a huge team effort, and she might play important part, but ultimately it's going to be the original five/six who have the most impact.
MBAR
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Misspoke. Singlehandedly "save the day". Without whom they could never win, if that makes sense.
You could say that about a lot of the Avengers in each of the movies.
Bobcat06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So basically, Ben Mendelson is a villain in every franchise ever.
How is possible to be in everything yet no one knows who he is?
AMW2010
AG
Well... I did some searching about the cat... would be cool if true!

https://www.inverse.com/article/49088-captain-marvel-poster-cat
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why would you think that, given every single thing you've seen from Marvel, and the Russo Bros specifically?
Political trends. Wonder Woman.

It's a logical take. Hopefully, it's more of a team effort though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
third coast.. said:

brie larson does not scream superhero to me. she just seems too......squishy.

Brie Larson's squishies
Post removed:
by user
AMW2010
AG
https://www.themarysue.com/captain-marvel-poster-cat-chewie-goose-flerken/

Flerkens are interesting... seeing how rocket survived the snap... I could see this playing out... especially with the time travel element... but man this would be wayyyyyyyyyyyy out there for the MCU
First Page Last Page
Page 312 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.