*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,592 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieLitigator
TCTTS said:

You keep posting days without sources. Are these guesses, based in rumor, or what?

I'm just a guy that loves Marvel and watches a lot of fan boy channels. No one knows for sure so you're not going to get a source until Marvel wants you and I to have it. Prediction is based on comparing a few channels and other sites. So, it's all guess by everyone until marvel leaks something official.
TajMaballer
AG
TCTTS said:

https://instagr.am/p/Bq5-zVEhLHN

Pretty good poster! Better than the million floating heads standard poster that MCU usually puts out.
Sex Panther
AG
Poster is great
MooreTrucker
AG
Sex Panther said:

Subject of poster is great
FIFM
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As a fanboy of all entertainment, I frankly love the hype surrounding trailers almost as much as movies themselves.
TCTTS
AG
AggieLitigator said:

TCTTS said:

You keep posting days without sources. Are these guesses, based in rumor, or what?

I'm just a guy that loves Marvel and watches a lot of fan boy channels. No one knows for sure so you're not going to get a source until Marvel wants you and I to have it. Prediction is based on comparing a few channels and other sites. So, it's all guess by everyone until marvel leaks something official.

Right. I get that. But you're not clarifying it as a prediction or a rumor. If I didn't know any better, I would assume you were stating a fact. All I'm saying is, provide a little context.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

As a fanboy of all entertainment, I frankly love the hype surrounding trailers almost as much as movies themselves.

Right there with you.
KidDoc
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Right there with you.
I used to like trailers but they have started to put so many spoilers lately that I have started to avoid them for films I know I am going to see anyway.

Now if it is some random film I know nothing about I'll watch them anyway to make a decision. But with Marvel films, Star Wars, and the upcoming Godzilla movie(s) I plan to avoid trailers when/if possible.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgfromHOU
AG
Marvel did a great job avoiding spoilers in trailers for Infinity War
AggieLitigator
TCTTS said:

AggieLitigator said:

TCTTS said:

Right. I get that. But you're not clarifying it as a prediction or a rumor. If I didn't know any better, I would assume you were stating a fact. All I'm saying is, provide a little context.

Your point is made. But prediction and rumors are still not facts. If you've got a problem with my post feel free to private message me. Savvy?
rhutton125
AG
I think I get his point - I would have taken it as fact that we'd get the trailer on X date. But I'd also probably google it to verify before passing it along just in case.

All good. Hype it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But that's what he's saying. Just say whether you're stating confirmed facts or making a prediction so the rest of the thread knows what you mean.
Kate Beckett
AG
That poster!!!!

Wow.
wangus12
AG
Kate Beckett said:

That poster!!!!

Wow.
Bruce Almighty
AG
So Charlie Cox will still be under contract for future Daredevil stuff. The character has a huge history with Black Widow in the comics. I could see him being a character in the Black Widow movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not a Daredevil watcher, but I would venture a guess that some discussions have taken place behind the scenes between Netflix and Disney regarding their Marvel properties.

99% sure Daredevil will continue on Disney+.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

So Charlie Cox will still be under contract for future Daredevil stuff. The character has a huge history with Black Widow in the comics. I could see him being a character in the Black Widow movie.

Doesn't Punisher/Frank and Black Widow also have a history too?
Farmer1906
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

And winter soldier too. She gets around.
fig96
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Black Widow got around, she's got a history with just about everybody.

But yes.
MBAR
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not a Daredevil watcher, but I would venture a guess that some discussions have taken place behind the scenes between Netflix and Disney regarding their Marvel properties.

99% sure Daredevil will continue on Disney
Maybe the character shows up in other places, but I'd be absolutely shocked if the show continues out without Disney paying Netflix a hefty sum for the show rights.

Netflix has no history of making bad decisions with their original content and letting Disney have one of their better shows (IMO) to date would be incredibly bad (IMO).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, if Netflix was already on the fence about renewal, I don't see how this makes any difference for them.

I doubt many people will cancel Netflix to jump over to Disney.
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
I read my first Shang-Chi comic this weekend and was thoroughly unimpressed. That said, it was from the 90s, so I'm sure it wasn't peak Shang-Chi. But to me he's a less-interesting Iron Fist.

That said, kung fu is great. Maybe we can get some sweet action out of it. But as far as I know, this guy doesn't have the history with other characters that Iron Fist or Daredevil have (our other Marvel fisticuffs guys) so... I dunno. I'll have to read into him more and see what he's about.

Asian characters are few and far between in comics, but hopefully they have something else that would really demand your attention for this one.
AliasMan02
AG
rhutton125 said:

I read my first Shang-Chi comic this weekend and was thoroughly unimpressed. That said, it was from the 90s, so I'm sure it wasn't peak Shang-Chi. But to me he's a less-interesting Iron Fist.

That said, kung fu is great. Maybe we can get some sweet action out of it. But as far as I know, this guy doesn't have the history with other characters that Iron Fist or Daredevil have (our other Marvel fisticuffs guys) so... I dunno. I'll have to read into him more and see what he's about.

Asian characters are few and far between in comics, but hopefully they have something else that would really demand your attention for this one.

The movie will have virtually nothing to do with the comic. It will take some names and a few plot points, but it will be totally reimagined. All good.
MBAR
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean, if Netflix was already on the fence about renewal, I don't see how this makes any difference for them.

But why would they want to help a competitor in any way? You just don't give things away to them. When Disney + hits, Netflix is losing a LOT of content that people want. I think you're underestimating that impact. The article linked earlier in this thread mentioned that Netflix may have canceled simply to avoid helping out Disney + with one of their shows.
RogueAg
AG
In terms of trailers being released... They announced during Sunday Night Football last night that the Captain Marvel trailer would be released during halftime of tonight's MNF game. Seems pretty official to me.

I came to this board to see plenty of discussion about it... and nothin' but people arguing about when it would be released.... ha. I figured everybody knew what was happening tonight.
TCTTS
AG
NM.
AliasMan02
AG
MBAR said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

But why would they want to help a competitor in any way? You just don't give things away to them. When Disney + hits, Netflix is losing a LOT of content that people want. I think you're underestimating that impact. The article linked earlier in this thread mentioned that Netflix may have canceled simply to avoid helping out Disney + with one of their shows.

Great thread about the cancellation of the Marvel Netflix shows, from Amazon Studios former head of strategy. Worth clicking to read it all.

Cliff's notes: The Marvel shows would have been canceled even if Disney wasn't launching its service, due to declining ratings and immense expense. There is no chance of these shows being continued on Disney+.

rhutton125
AG
Sure hope so. No powers, no costume, few crossovers and little history means even an MCU fanboy like me is struggling to get excited.

Should have had Shang Chi on Netflix and Iron Fist on film - that way you get the dragons and special effects we needed with IF.
TexasAggie_02
AG
RogueAg said:

In terms of trailers being released...

I came to this board to see plenty of discussion about it... and nothin' but people arguing about when it would be released.... ha. I figured everybody knew what was happening tonight.

We did. Yesterday.
jtstanley4621
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

RogueAg said:

In terms of trailers being released...

We did. Yesterday.
No we didn't!

phatpat21
phatpat21
Apparently new Spider-Man trailer could be coming out this week too
TCTTS
AG
Whether it comes out this week or not, I'm super curious as to how they're going to market that movie, considering the first trailer will have to be released before Avengers 4, seeing as the character will still be officially "dead" until late April/early May.
First Page Last Page
Page 311 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.