*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,979 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
AggieLitigator
Pretty damn disappointing Q & A lol
TXAGFAN
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

This answer seems fairly hollow, half the damn cast of this next one are "dead" I believe.
redline248
AG
I was thinking about the end of Ant Man...3 out of 4 is some bad luck
TCTTS
AG
Probably has more to do with Disney+ than anything else...

rhutton125
AG
Gotta be. At this point, they're all gone. JJ3, Punisher 2 and that's it for Netflix.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

cant imagine why they are giving jessica jones another season, unless it was already contracted before the disney streaming was announced
redline248
AG
Mother Fcker, Disney is going to end up getting my money for this steaming service, after all (assuming dare devil continues there)
KidDoc
AG
redline248 said:

Mother Fcker, Disney is going to end up getting my money for this steaming service, after all (assuming dare devil continues there)

This is my thought exactly! Season 3 was awesome.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bruce Almighty
AG
That sucks
AliasMan02
AG
I bet they don't continue these series (for now), but focus on new properties. It HAS to be related to the new streaming service, though.
AMW2010
AG
All that should matter is the avengers 4 title and the trailer... the rest is mute until then...
digital_ag
AG
Season 3 of DD was my favorite. I'm pretty fickle with new shows but this is one of a small few I watch as soon as it's released.

This blows.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Anyone want to guess if/how the hulk comes out in A4? I'm gonna guess that something happens to black widow. Maybe Banner takes a bullet for her, and the other guy spits it out.
TCTTS
AG
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I also wonder if Netflix might be shifting some of its sauce to original movies and away from the proliferation of serials that rely on viewer attention & loyalty. There's just an amazing variety of series to choose from today and the platforms remain fractured. I have no idea how the costs of a series compare to a one off movie, but I imagine they get a more immediate return from something like the Ballad of Buster Scruggs than they do from investing in yet another series that relies on word of mouth to say it gets really good around episode #27.
fig96
AG
swimmerbabe11
That hurts my heart a little bit. Sounds heartbreaking, even if they knew it was likely.
FL_Ag1998
AG
The other Marvel properties on Netflix deserved to be cancelled, they just flat out weren't very good.

But Daredevil was good, even in this third season which was clearly the weakest of the three. I really do hope this is purely because they're moving their properties over to the Disney streaming service and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a 4th season of Daredevil is on there in a couple years.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I thought season 3 was the best.
jeffk
AG
What do we make of this?

rhutton125
AG
Yikes. They have said that there wouldn't been Mature content on Disney+, so that is kind of a strike 1. No clue about the contracts part though.
redline248
AG
What a bunch of horse shht. Dare devil is so good
FTACO97
AG
I wonder if it's basically that Netflix doesn't want to do anything to help Disney/Marvel at this point since they're about to become a direct competitor? Seems like cutting off your nose as these have been very successful for Netflix.
Fenrir
TCTTS said:

There is supposed to be an Avengers game, I assume that's what they're going to debut at the game awards.
YouBet
AG
This blows. DD, Kingpin, and Punisher are great B team characters especially with the caliber of actor they have for Kingpin and Punisher. Fine with killing the others but this seems shortsighted.
jackie childs
rhutton125 said:

Yikes. They have said that there wouldn't been Mature content on Disney+, so that is kind of a strike 1. No clue about the contracts part though.
my guess is that Netflix has some sort of exclusive streaming right to those characters that would prohibit disney from just immediately starting a daredevil series on day 1.

i'm not sure what the costs are, but daredevil on netflix is a quality show...it would seem that disney and netflix could figure out something that's "win/win" for both sides. maybe netflix keeps the streaming rights to develop live action (or mature-rated) daredevil content (with marvel's input), but disney can immediately start developing animated (or PG-rated) daredevil content for its streaming service
TCTTS
AG
MBAR
AG
I initially thought it was Disney related but honestly that doesn't make sense. When shows switch networks it's because they are cancelled but another picks them up. It's never because NBC wants a fox show and just takes it. Netflix would never haveade the shows if Disney could just take them.

These shows, especially Daredevil, are high production quality and Myst be very expensive. It's more likely Netflix, like any other network, just wasn't getting their bang for the buck
AggieLitigator
Trailer on Monday
hurleyag
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Where are you seeing "Monday"? All I'm seeing is a few vague references to "next week" and none of them are specifically even saying it's a trailer.
First Page Last Page
Page 309 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.