*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,639 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My guess is Captain Marvel trailer in October, Avengers trailer in November, Spider-man trailer in February/March. Then again, I don't know how Marvel is going to advertise a "dead" character before we finally learn that he's alive again in May...
MooreTrucker
AG
I can see the A4 trailer being reactions, etc. from the known survivors. How they handle Spiderman will be tricky. And Capt Marvel supposedly happens in the past, right?
Duncan Idaho
I haven't gone all through the thread but I watched the end of season 4 of the agents of shield. There were some pretty clear swipes taken at trump. Did I miss the uproar or did this go unnoticed/uncommented upon?
MooreTrucker
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I haven't gone all through the thread but I watched the end of season 4 of the agents of shield. There were some pretty clear swipes taken at trump. Did I miss the uproar or did this go unnoticed/uncommented upon?
I knew I quit watching that show at the right time.

I only watched enough that Black Lightning show to see that it's nothing but BLM racist propaganda too.
TCTTS
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I can see the A4 trailer being reactions, etc. from the known survivors. How they handle Spiderman will be tricky. And Capt Marvel supposedly happens in the past, right?

Yeah, I can definitely see the A4 trailers being more "conceptual" rather than showing footage from the movie itself. And yes, Captain Marvel takes place int he past, so no worries there.
AgfromHOU
AG
I made it halfway through the first episode of Black Lightning because of that. I also am glad I never picked up Agents of Shield. I'm not a Trump supporter, but I wouldn't want that in my entertainment involving superheroes and super spies.
dave94
AG
I don't remember there being anything in Agents of Shield that was over-the-top. But, it's been a few months since I saw the finale.
SeattleAgJr
bearamedic99
AG
I still get confused about the current Spidey movies. Is it correct that he is part of the MCU but the movies are being put by Sony with Marvel's help?
redline248
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

All I really remember was them using "alternative facts" in a line of dialogue. One other time I thought it could have been, but don't recall the exact instance. It petty much went away after a couple episodes, as far as I remember.

I think there was a little discussion on that season's show thread. Not so much in here.
AliasMan02
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I still get confused about the current Spidey movies. Is it correct that he is part of the MCU but the movies are being put by Sony with Marvel's help?

Yes
fig96
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Not really the right thread (MCU) for that discussion. Nor do I think most here would really care.
Fat Bib Fortuna
TCTTS said:

since the studio owns all the rights and he's been in 2 GOTG and Infinity War, they could probably just CGI his ass in there.
MBAR
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Sweet, now looking forward to the season more.
SeattleAgJr
the dhow has been great the last few seasons.

really solid storylines.

Season 4 was almost "perfect" for a 22 episode type show.
Season was strong but not as great as 4.
YouBet
AG
Is that Black Lightening show Marvel?

I've seen the ads for it and I lol every time I see it because it looks so absurd and stupid. I thought it was a spoof series.
Fat Bib Fortuna
YouBet said:

I've seen the ads for it and I lol every time I see it because it looks so absurd and stupid. I thought it was a spoof series.
Is Black Lightening a biography of Michael Jackson?
Hulla Baller
AG
YouBet said:

It's on the CW I think so it's probably DC. Absurd and stupid is the definition of the CW.
MooreTrucker
AG
YouBet said:

It actually is DC. My fault for mentioning it here.

But it is a real thing...

MooreTrucker
AG
Hulla Baller said:

YouBet said:

It's on the CW I think so it's probably DC. Absurd and stupid is the definition of the CW.
The shows on the CW are actually pretty good - Flash, Supergirl, Arrow. So much better than the movies it's not funny. Black Lightning was pretty good also, but way to BLM/political for me.
AgfromHOU
AG
Agreed
nickstro66
AG
I enjoyed Black Lightning more than the recent seasons of Arrow and Flash. Seems like it has potential, but so did the other shows before they added the BS relationship drama
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Some experienced talent reps estimate that due to the unique situation, Gunn could receive a payout of $7 million to $10 million, if not potentially higher. And, more importantly, he would be free to take on another project immediately. Also affecting the negotiations is that sources say Disney plans on using Gunn's script for the third movie.

Dro07
AG
WB be like.... BRUH help us with the DCE... WTF ever we call it now!!!
Sex Panther
AG
In other news, DC announces plans for brand new team called "Defenders of the Universe"
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TCTTS
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
dromo07 said:

They already did that kind of thing with the Avengers director coming in for Justice League. Luke warm results at best.
AgfromHOU
AG
Just use the Green Lanterns
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

Some experienced talent reps estimate that due to the unique situation, Gunn could receive a payout of $7 million to $10 million, if not potentially higher. And, more importantly, he would be free to take on another project immediately. Also affecting the negotiations is that sources say Disney plans on using Gunn's script for the third movie.

Thank you Jesus.

Let Taika direct and Guardians 3 will kill it.
fig96
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

dromo07 said:

They already did that kind of thing with the Avengers director coming in for Justice League. Luke warm results at best.
I'd be so curious to see what a Joss Whedon helmed Justice League would've looked like if he'd been in from the beginning.

I bet there were moments where he was just rolling his eyes at the dialogue during editing.
aTmLoKi
AG
Sex Panther said:

In other news, DC announces plans for brand new team called "Defenders of the Universe"
Reboot Suicide Squad and let him do it....
jackie childs
fig96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

dromo07 said:

I'd be so curious to see what a Joss Whedon helmed Justice League would've looked like if he'd been in from the beginning.

I bet there were moments where he was just rolling his eyes at the dialogue during editing.
joss probably would've killed off either cyborg or flash in the 2nd act
TCTTS
AG
Snyder cut had Cyborg dying fairly early...
TexasAggie_02
AG
bearamedic99
AG
MooreTrucker said:

YouBet said:

It actually is DC. My fault for mentioning it here.

But it is a real thing...

I hear Black Lightning and I cannot not think of Sinbad

First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.