*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,166 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you ever wanted an in depth look inside my stream of consciousness, I think you got it.
I hope it mostly made sense where in the movie I was at any given time, I tried to give enough context to make sense, but not spend so much time typing that I didn't enjoy the movie.

It just occurred to me that Thanos started the rapture.

Also, I haven't the foggiest clue what the symbol on Fury's beeper was.

HOLY **** HAWKEYE WAS NEVER THERE DAMN YOU INFINITY WAR
Bruce Almighty
AG
Symbol was Captain Marvel
Phat32
redline248
AG
Swimmy, that was excellent
GreasenUSA
AG
Good reads, Swimmer. Brought me back through the feels to get me going on this Friday morning.
Claude!
swimmerbabe11 said:

If you ever wanted an in depth look inside my stream of consciousness, I think you got it.
I hope it mostly made sense where in the movie I was at any given time, I tried to give enough context to make sense, but not spend so much time typing that I didn't enjoy the movie.

It just occurred to me that Thanos started the rapture.

Also, I haven't the foggiest clue what the symbol on Fury's beeper was.

HOLY **** HAWKEYE WAS NEVER THERE DAMN YOU INFINITY WAR

https://www.cbr.com/brie-larson-answers-leslie-jones-infinity-war-question/
swimmerbabe11
Gracias gracias. Anytime, happy to take requests. Currently working through reading the 48 page infinity war thread. Also thanks for the heads up on the end credit. That should have been obvious to me.

Next up, Ant man and Dead Pool...which will be nice lighthearted movies after that.

if Luis didn't disintegrate, I hope he teams up with pepper Potts to save the MCU.

I hope they are happy that thoughts like that kept me up last night.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That was fun reading her reactions.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

I feel like the hammer thing is a bit of a distraction. We kinda need more than just the hammer. Wouldn't that burn groots...woah Groot Arm Axe is way cooler than the original. but it doesn't explain how quickly they travelled.
the dwarf told Thor "in theory, it could even summon the Bifrost." It was a weapon made for a King. Thor is now the rightful King of Asgard.
Dr. Horrible
So Disney and Amazon still have their beef going? Just realized I couldn't preorder the Blu-ray for IW...
tx1c
AG
I just read swimmerbabe's posts. I loved it.

The last couple of pages should be part of the TexAgs legendary threads, like the one on the football board by hockey guy on the crapper.
AgfromHOU
AG
And Lord Tyrion was right. He drinks and he knows things.
TajMaballer
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

So Disney and Amazon still have their beef going? Just realized I couldn't preorder the Blu-ray for IW...

Yeah, I used to preorder as soon as possible, but now I get the Target exclusives. Comes with a neat little book with some behind the scenes stuff.
fig96
AG
TajMaballer said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Yeah, I used to preorder as soon as possible, but now I get the Target exclusives. Comes with a neat little book with some behind the scenes stuff.
I've shifted most of my collection to digital. I buy a LOT of movies and with everything in 4k and viewable on almost every service/device now it's tough to argue for physical discs.

And I get it several weeks earlier.
Farmer1906
AG
fig96 said:

TajMaballer said:

Dr. Horrible said:

I've shifted most of my collection to digital. I buy a LOT of movies and with everything in 4k and viewable on almost every service/device now it's tough to argue for physical discs.

Here it comes

THE QUALITY IS NOT AS GOOD!!!
Dr. Horrible
I do digital for most everything, but there are some things like the MCU movies that I like having the physical disc. They come with a code for digital too, so I have both options.
YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

fig96 said:

TajMaballer said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Here it comes

Video quality should be irrelevant but sound on digital versus physical wont be as good, no? Unless something has changed of course.

I haven't checked up on it in a while but maybe it has?
fig96
AG
Farmer1906 said:

fig96 said:

TajMaballer said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Here it comes

I totally get that argument, and I don't fault anyone at all for wanting the actual blue-rays.

For me personally even the HD to 4K difference isn't that noticeable, but with 4K streaming I'm willing to make the trade off.
TajMaballer
AG
Black Panther has officially crossed $700 million domestically. What a year for Marvel!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-black-panther-crosses-700m-major-milestone-1131242
bearamedic99
AG
I'm still wondering if swimmer and alias are married
SeattleAgJr

This is swerving into pathetic territory.

He has not worked with anyone yet for GOTG3, yet it is already "nauseating".

Given that his character is in the Soul Stone, I am sure Disney could accommodate him and relieve him of his contract. I am sure Thor could easily take up the muscle and comedic slack. Hell he could be part of the team to look for the rest of the Asgardians.

Disney has embraced GotG and I am sure done everything for the project team and Bautista himself.

This is just petulant.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So, he's basically said he'll just go through the motions for Vol 3, no matter who they hire to direct.

While I admire the loyalty, he's already throwing the new person under the bus. I kinda hope Disney hires a woman just to see the entire cast squirm at the awkwardness they put themselves in.
SeattleAgJr
GiveEmHellBill said:

So, he's basically said he'll just go through the motions for Vol 3, no matter who they hire to direct.

While I admire the loyalty, he's already throwing the new person under the bus. I kinda hope Disney hires a woman just to see the entire cast squirm at the awkwardness they put themselves in.
I just do not understand why he does not keep his damn mouth shut.
The cast has voiced their displeasure and public support for Gunn. Fine. They should move on and get over it and keep any further discussions of displeasure out of the twitterverse and in the halls of Disney.
Dro07
AG
Well he obviously doesn't want the facist Twitter nazis to win.
Fat Bib Fortuna
TajMaballer said:

Black Panther has officially crossed $700 million domestically. What a year for Marvel!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-black-panther-crosses-700m-major-milestone-1131242

Something really fishy happened to get BP up to $700 million.

It reached $698 million on May 23, and and at that point had been out for 3 months and was securely the #3 movie ever behind TFA and Avatar. But clearly Marvel/Disney was trying to get it to $700 million cuz that sounds a lot cooler.

By the end of May, it's up to $698,882,000, so about $1.2 million short of the magic number.

In June, it grosses $923,833 about $30,000 per day.

In July, it grosses $149,250, about $4,814 per day.

It's down to 15 theaters at the end of July. On July 30, it makes $404. Then $693 on July 31. Then $400 on August 1.

Still $44,000 short of $700 million, suddenly a miracle happens. Those 15 theaters somehow do $12,000 of business on Thursday, $16,000 on Friday, $12,000 on Saturday, and $7,000 on Sunday.

These four days get it to $700,004,000.

So the question is, did Marvel/BV/Disney lamely buy all those tickets and give them out for free just so BP could say it reached $700 million?

TajMaballer
AG
They did a similar strategy when Wrinkle in Time was close to 100 million domestic. They did double features with Incredibles 2 and Wrinkle got to 100 million.

I'm sure there is some contractual benefit for the studio if they reach certain thresholds.

It does have a nice ring to it. Maybe someone has severe OCD with numbers and needed that clean 700.
redline248
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I'm still wondering if swimmer and alias are married

They are not
fig96
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Given that his character is in the Soul Stone, I am sure Disney could accommodate him and relieve him of his contract. I am sure Thor could easily take up the muscle and comedic slack. Hell he could be part of the team to look for the rest of the Asgardians.

Disney has embraced GotG and I am sure done everything for the project team and Bautista himself.

This is just petulant.
Um, I believe he's referring to Disney there.

And I'm sure that crew is rather close after working on two films together, I can imagine losing the person that created all that is pretty disheartening.
Bobcat06
AG
fig96 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

This is just petulant.

And I'm sure that crew is rather close after working on two films together, I can imagine losing the person that created all that is pretty disheartening.

Bautista has had one role in a major film outside of working for Disney (Spectre) and it was a non speaking part.

I'm not sure he has the leverage or star power to boycott Disney unless he wants to go back to being powerbombed thru tables.
SeattleAgJr
fig96 said:

That is obvious since I specifically referenced that he is copping his crap and no one has been picked yet.

Them being close is irrelevant. He is throwing a tantrum in public and not being much of a professional.
MBAR
AG
Bobcat06 said:

fig96 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

This is just petulant.

Bautista has had one role in a major film outside of working for Disney (Spectre) and it was a non speaking part.

I'm not sure he has the leverage or star power to boycott Disney unless he wants to go back to being powerbombed thru tables.
Wasn't a major role but he was in Blade Runner 2049
Bobcat06
AG
Was he? I didn't see it
Dro07
AG
ya he wore glasses so it was probably the Clark Kent effect
fig96
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

fig96 said:

That is obvious since I specifically referenced that he is copping his crap and no one has been picked yet.

Them being close is irrelevant. He is throwing a tantrum in public and not being much of a professional.
I'd have thought you would've mentioned that he was "nauseated" with the parent company in that case, rather than calling him out about it for no real reason.

And honestly, the whole thing is irrelevant and not worth even mentioning. A person they're close with got removed from the film for debatable reasons, only natural that the cast members would vent about it in the only way they really can.

Some of y'all seem to just like to hate on people.
TCTTS
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 282 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.