*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,089 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jtstanley4621 said:

I always kind of laugh seeing other's signatures. My signature is absolute garbage, barely legible. You're right, Bautista's is really good.
Don't know that I would even recognize my own signature, it's different every time.
AgfromHOU
AG
Already watching Infinity War via iTunes
fig96
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Already watching Infinity War via iTunes
Thanks for the reminder!

I may be up late...
MooreTrucker
AG
MBAR said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Save face with millions upon millions of moviegoers? I promise you that 90% has already forgotten.
90% is conservative as hell. 90% probably never knew about it. I don't know anyone outside of this forum talking about this.
It was discussed at length on the Today Show this morning. And CNN, and HuffPost, and BBC.
AgMarauder04
AG
Because the cast of GotG and their people are desperately trying to keep it in the news. It'll be gone by Monday.
MooreTrucker
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Because the cast of GotG and their people are desperately trying to keep it in the news. It'll be gone by Monday.
As is the case with most "news" these days, but it is definitely being talked about today.
AgMarauder04
AG
News may be still talking, get a little bump, but like so many things, I still bet my most don't care.
MBAR
AG
MooreTrucker said:

MBAR said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Save face with millions upon millions of moviegoers? I promise you that 90% has already forgotten.
90% is conservative as hell. 90% probably never knew about it. I don't know anyone outside of this forum talking about this.
It was discussed at length on the Today Show this morning. And CNN, and HuffPost, and BBC.
I don't know anyone that watches the Today Show but YMMV.
AliasMan02
AG
My wife hasn't seen IW and somehow has no idea what happens in the movie. She's seen everything but Black Panther, I think. I can't wait to watch her reaction. I may record it.
TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
Bunch of pansies.
swimmerbabe11
MooreTrucker said:

Breaking News: Chris Pratt injured his quad filming a Michelob Ultra commercial. Details at 10.

Dave Bautista suffers concussion when joke fails to go over his head or be caught. Witnesses say that a prosthesis may have been involved.
swimmerbabe11
AliasMan02 said:

My wife hasn't seen IW and somehow has no idea what happens in the movie. She's seen everything but Black Panther, I think. I can't wait to watch her reaction. I may record it.

*clears throat*
AliasMan02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

AliasMan02 said:

*clears throat*

I'd invite you over to watch it, my dear but **** AMAZON STREAMING WTF IS WRONG WITH MY INTERNET.
bearamedic99
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

AliasMan02 said:

*clears throat*

you two are married? I did not realize that.
bearamedic99
AG
can we change his handle to mr swimmerbabe?
AgMarauder04
AG
bearamedic99 said:

SECONDED
Wheatables02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

bearamedic99 said:

SECONDED

Well done... possible 9 year age differential
AliasMan02
AG
I do love swimmy. Y'all make some valid points that require consideration.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

i like the part about "disney is taking its time"

probably should've done that last week instead of just immediately firing him

The Collective
AG
jackie childs said:

i like the part about "disney is taking its time"

probably should've done that last week instead of just immediately firing him

I chuckled at that as well.
swimmerbabe11
AliasMan02 said:

I do love swimmy. Y'all make some valid points that require consideration.

Hey Mr. Swimmy
GiveEmHellBill
AG
- I didn't like that they had to fire him.
- Disney really had no choice because Gunn never deleted those horrible tweets.
- people's attention spans are short in this political climate (most people have already moved on from Stormy Daniels and the separation of illegal immigrant families and are on to the next Trump outrage).
- Infinity War is coming out next week.

Disney should put out a massive promotional effort for Infinity War to get everyone hyped about how good these movies are, then quietly re-hire Gunn.

Most people will either be too busy watching IW for the 10th time to notice, too happy with the MCU to care, or have moved on politically to get re-triggered by old news that the vast majority of the public doesn't care about.

The far alt-right got what they wanted: they got Disney to acknowledge the (perceived) hypocrisy between Gunn and Roseanne and got some media airtime. Trust me; two weeks later, they don't really care anymore. And even if they do, nobody else does.

This was a very unfortunate experience, but I fully expect Gunn to be at the helm of Guardians 3 in the near future. And hopefully Gunn will retire from social media after this.
jackie childs
i wish instead of just knee-jerk firing him, they'd announced that they were "suspending" their relationship with Gunn and any projects he's working on while they look into the matter.

then you can actually take your time to see if this matter is truly distinguishable from roseanne's situation to warrant a different handling (or not). you also avoid putting your cast in the situation you did.

disney handled this quite poorly...it looks like they responded to "mob mentality" by firing Gunn and now it will look like they're responding to a different "mob mentality" if they bring him back.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I just watched IW again last night cause I'm a sucker and I pre-ordered it last month. I cannot wait for next year.
TexasAggie_02
AG
can't embed this vid, b/c it's not youtube, but it hits all the feelz

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/93lmu1/and_if_you_died_i_feel_like_thats_on_me_oc/
Farmer1906
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

I just watched IW again last night cause I'm a sucker and I pre-ordered it last month. I cannot wait for next year.

I did as well. It's so damn good.
AgfromHOU
AG
rhutton125
AG
Painfully waiting 13 more days for the BluRay.

Bring me Thanos!!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
rhutton125 said:

Painfully waiting 13 more days for the BluRay.

Bring me Thanos!!
I'm doing the same. I would typically just get the digital version, but I have a set of 18 or whatever it is BluRay discs of the MCU and plan to finish out that collection when the second IW hits BluRay. After that digital only, which I am doing now with pretty much everything else (although I'll likely get the BR for Episode IX for the same reasons as the MCU).
MooreTrucker
AG
Everything I have is either DVD or Blu-ray (don't even know what the difference is) and I suspect that will bite me in the butt one of these days.....
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TXAG 05
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Same here. I haven't seen Black Panther, IW or the new Ant Man and have no idea what happens in either of them. I'll wait til they are on Netflix.
First Page Last Page
Page 280 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.