*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,738 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ya they are in the same Universe as the X men they made the cameos (very quick) when Deadpool was walking through the school.
Farmer1906
AG
MooreTrucker said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

X Force could stay in it's own universe, since Deadpool has kept itself separate from the X Men universe.

Is Deadpool really separate, or do they just avoid a connection sort. Because the big guy and Mega-whatever are Xmen, right? And he refers to Wolverine and Xavier. And doesn't at least one scene between Mega-whatever and the big guy take place in the actual Xmen house/school?
It's a joke. It is supposed to be the same universe but it isn't taken too seriously.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm just so tired of X Men. I know they're wildly popular and most people grew up with them, but I'm over them.

Of course if Marvel had them I'm sure it would be great... but at this point it's hard to care anymore.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
AgfromHOU
AG
I feel the same way. I've never been a fan of X-Men for whatever reason.
TexasAggie_02
AG
MooreTrucker said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

X Force could stay in it's own universe, since Deadpool has kept itself separate from the X Men universe.

Is Deadpool really separate, or do they just avoid a connection sort. Because the big guy and Mega-whatever are Xmen, right? And he refers to Wolverine and Xavier. And doesn't at least one scene between Mega-whatever and the big guy take place in the actual Xmen house/school?
i think it's:

The Colossus in Deadpool is nothing like Colossus in X2. Same for Juggernaut. Even deadpool is not the same as X-men Origins, which is in a different decade.

I think it's safe to say that the X Men exist in the Deadpool universe, but it's not the same universe as the X Men films.
jtstanley4621
AG
Do y'all think they will build to another massive crossover-type event once A4 is done? If so, what?
TexasAggie_02
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Do y'all think they will build to another massive crossover-type event once A4 is done? If so, what?
if the Fox deal goes through, they could do Galactus
tamusc
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

if the Fox deal goes through, they could do Galactus
Galactus or Doom would be great.
Solo Tetherball Champ
TexasAggie_02 said:

F4 could be added pretty easily, since that is a science experiment gone wrong

X men will be the trickiest, but i think that they will find a way to pull it off. Would be weird to just say "Surprise, the mutants have been around all along, just never bothered to actually do any superhero stuff." Maybe the mutant gene has existed for generations, but requires a specific environmental trigger. Perhaps something in the MCU happens to trigger it on a widescale event, ie The Snap.

You can retcon easily, and say that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver had the gene, and that HYDRA knew about it. The mind stone was able to activate the gene. Thanos' snap effected every human being, whether you were dusted or not, and unlocks the gene in a number of people.

This may be heretical to the comic affectionados out there, but having super-powered mutants in a world with other superheroes has never made sense to me. Why? The core idea behind the mutants is that they are hated and feared by the populace for their powers. In a world with mutants and non-mutant superheroes, why are the mutants hated but those non-muntant superheroes are favored? You would think that the general populace would hate all of them regardless of how they received their powers or simply assume everyone with powers is a mutant. It doesn't matter if you were born with your powers or received them through science/accident.

Does this sound realistic to you?
After being saved by a superhero
Person: "Let go of me, you dirty stinking mutant!"
Superhero: "I am not a mutant, I got my powers from a science experiment gone wrong, so I can now shoot energy beams from my eyes"
Person: "Is that so? My bad. So you're not like that Cyclops tool?"
Superhero: "No problem, happens all the time."
Person: "Ok you're cool then. What about that spider-guy?"
Superhero: "Another science accident"
Person: "Oh, ok. I'll start being nicer to him. What about the hairy guy in yellow spandex with the metal claws. He seems pretty cool"
Superhero: "Wolverine? he's a mutant"
Person: "I HATE HIM!!!!"

This is what Marvel essentially makes us believe. Sure, a lot of superheroes are distrusted, but mutants are the ones who are hated for existing.

FTACO97
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

There are so many huge crossover stories they can pull from the comics if they bring X-Men and FF into the fold. Secret Wars, House of M, Avengers vs X-Men, etc.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

This may be heretical to the comic affectionados out there, but having super-powered mutants in a world with other superheroes has never made sense to me. Why? The core idea behind the mutants is that they are hated and feared by the populace for their powers
Looking at it on the surface, it does seem silly, but I believe that it it was intended as an analogy to the civil rights movement.
SeattleAgJr
jtstanley4621 said:

Secret Wars

that way they could also bring back OG Avengers once/if they "retire" after Avengers 4
AgfromHOU
AG
By then they'll have made an Ironheart movie, so you still get Iron Man (just not RDJ)
rhutton125
AG
Mutants being hated and feared made sense to me for a few reasons: 1) they're in your children's schools, 2) they can't control their powers and are frequently causing major incidents, 3) some of them look scary.

It makes sense when you look at the Morlocks, or people like Beast or Angel or Cyclops, or Rogue putting her boyfriend in a coma, or Mystique or Nightcrawler.

It DOESN'T make much sense the more attractive, repercussion-free mutants they create. Iceman has no downsides, for example, as much as I like the character. Gambit. Even Magneto - you don't know unless he tells you or he overhears you badmouthing mutants.

The uglier and more threatening they are, the more I get the "mutant menace" aspect. They need a good ratio for it to be believable. I don't like the Morlocks but they're a good place to start.
Solo Tetherball Champ
rhutton125 said:

Mutants being hated and feared made sense to me for a few reasons: 1) they're in your children's schools, 2) they can't control their powers and are frequently causing major incidents, 3) some of them look scary.

It makes sense when you look at the Morlocks, or people like Beast or Angel or Cyclops, or Rogue putting her boyfriend in a coma, or Mystique or Nightcrawler.

It DOESN'T make much sense the more attractive, repercussion-free mutants they create. Iceman has no downsides, for example, as much as I like the character. Gambit. Even Magneto - you don't know unless he tells you or he overhears you badmouthing mutants.

The uglier and more threatening they are, the more I get the "mutant menace" aspect. They need a good ratio for it to be believable. I don't like the Morlocks but they're a good place to start.
Yes, because ugly people are the worst.
nickstro66
AG
I think I'd much rather see the Fantastic Four just because of their villains. I'm sure the MCU could get the Fantastic Four done the right way and give us the Dr. Doom we deserve to see on screen.
dave94
AG
Yeah, I think the fact that they originate from regular people, could be your neighbor, friend, or relative is used by the anti-mutant regime to scare people. And just the thought of a mutation can creep people out.
rhutton125
AG
Quote:

No, because people don't know how to handle a person covered in blue fur, or with giant bird wings, or who might accidentally kill you with a touch. Or who vomits acid or can shift into the form of your wife without you noticing.

Compared to that, a technologically advanced suit or a old soldier with a shield are perfectly normal.

Edit: comparatively though, Iceman (feared) is no different than Johnny Storm (loved). So I'd hope the first mutants we see are more jarring and threatening than just "I look human but I control ice." Edit again: but I do hope we get the original lineup with Iceman included.
Solo Tetherball Champ
rhutton125 said:

Quote:

No, because people don't know how to handle a person covered in blue fur, or with giant bird wings, or who might accidentally kill you with a touch. Or who vomits acid or can shift into the form of your wife without you noticing.

Compared to that, a technologically advanced suit or a old soldier with a shield are perfectly normal.

Edit: comparatively though, Iceman (feared) is no different than Johnny Storm (loved). So I'd hope the first mutants we see are more jarring and threatening than just "I look human but I control ice." Edit again: but I do hope we get the original lineup with Iceman included.

And that is the point. I think the X-Men make most sense in a universe all of their own, but I acknowledge this is not the case.
TexasAggie_02
AG
We need an iceman-spidey team up.

"Hey you know that really old movie, top gun?"
texasaggie04
AG
nickstro66 said:

I think I'd much rather see the Fantastic Four just because of their villains. I'm sure the MCU could get the Fantastic Four done the right way and give us the Dr. Doom we deserve to see on screen.

As long as we never have to see another F4 origin story movie again.
nickstro66
AG
I'm sure that could be done. Blame it on the snap or something.
rhutton125
AG
I think you start them as a team and maybe reference the origin offhand, like in Homecoming.
AliasMan02
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Iceman and Spidey being bffs was a great element in Ultimate Spider-Man.
AliasMan02
AG
rhutton125 said:

I think you start them as a team and maybe reference the origin offhand, like in Homecoming.

I think maybe have them not even be a team. Have them be a former team that has already broken up and are all doing their own thing.
Liquid Wrench
AliasMan02 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Iceman and Spidey being bffs was a great element in Ultimate Spider-Man.
He's an amazing friend.

TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bl3OVfeF8Dc
TCTTS
AG
Seeing a lot of "Disney officially has a PR disaster on their hands" type tweets after that letter just went up. I think that depends on what "fully support James Gunn" means in this instance. Meaning they won't work on the next one without him? Or they're in his corner but will still do the next one with another director?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
"... in support of James Gunn's reinstatement as director..."

Sounds to me like they're implying they won't make the movie without him?

This is going to be interesting...
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Seeing a lot of "Disney officially has a PR disaster on their hands" type tweets after that letter just went up. I think that depends on what "fully support James Gunn" means in this instance. Meaning they won't work on the next one without him? Or they're in his corner but will still do the next one with another director?
Maybe Disney can pull a Dukes of Hazzard and bring on the scabs

Dro07
AG
Sounds like a lot of them won't be snapped back
bearamedic99
AG
that tweet was a lot more intelligent than I credited Pratt.

I wonder who wrote it for him.

TCTTS
AG
Huh? The one that says...

Quote:

Although I don't support James Gunn's inappropriate jokes from years ago, he is a good man. I'd personally love to see him reinstated as director of Volume 3. If you please, read the following statement- signed by our entire cast.

What about that reads as "intelligent" to you?
bearamedic99
AG
My idea for introducing MCU X-Universe is to start off with Age of Apocalypse. If tou feel the need to do an origin, do the origin of the Age of Apocalypse with Xavier dying earlier in life, Apocalypse rising to power, and Mags leading a band of rebels against him. Make it last 2 or 3 movies, then revert the characters to the universe we are familiar with. It would be epic. It would be cool to see the actors in the alternative looks before showing them in their familiar costumes. It could be a great way to introduce the 3rd incarnation of Cyke and the gang as well as the new Wolvie.
First Page Last Page
Page 278 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.