*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,946 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Question about that. What happens when Tom Holland's deal is up? He's contracted for 6 films, 3 solo and 3 team-ups. Amy Pascal said once that this kind of deal was monumental and might never happen again, and clearly Sony is attempting a Spidey-verse without Spider-Man.

After Spider-Man 3, does Spider-Man just go back to Sony and that's it?
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125 said:

Question about that. What happens when Tom Holland's deal is up? He's contracted for 6 films, 3 solo and 3 team-ups. Amy Pascal said once that this kind of deal was monumental and might never happen again, and clearly Sony is attempting a Spidey-verse without Spider-Man.

After Spider-Man 3, does Spider-Man just go back to Sony and that's it?
Yes, unless another deal is made.

I would bet that since Marvel is (rumored) going the diversity route for Phase 4+ with the alt versions of superheroes, they will make a deal to have Miles Morales in the MCU, and Sony will run with the real Spider-man in their own Spider-verse.
SeattleAgJr
bearamedic99 said:

Is the deal with Fox finalized? I can't wait to see Avengers and X-men on the same screen. Spidey fighting some villain and then Beast and Nightcrawler show up to assist from some pub.
No.

That said, It would be late 2020, most likely 2021 before any of these movies were released
rhutton125
AG
Gross. I'd rather Spidey take a bullet to the head in the finale of Spider-Man 3 and leave Sony with nothing than hand them Tom Holland on a platter for their **** universe. But maybe Venom will bomb and they'll scrap some of those plans and make another deal.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
[moved my thoughts on Ant Man & the Wasp to official thread]
GreasenUSA
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I can't wait to see Avengers and X-men on the same screen. Spidey fighting some villain and then Beast and Nightcrawler show up to assist from some pub.

Do not want.
TajMaballer
AG
Rewatching Homecoming and it gets better every rewatch!

"C'mon Spider-Man" is one of my favorite scenes in the MCU. Perfect adaptation of Steve Ditko's work (RIP)
AMW2010
AG
So earlier in the day I was flipping the channels and saw civil war on, so I watched it... this evening I was flipping again, and saw Iron Man was on, so I watched. Man I hadn't seen that one in a while and forgot how awesome of a movie that is, and how far we've come!
GreasenUSA
AG
AMW2010 said:

So earlier in the day I was flipping the channels and saw civil war on, so I watched it... this evening I was flipping again, and saw Iron Man was on, so I watched. Man I hadn't seen that one in a while and forgot how awesome of a movie that is, and how far we've come!
Same, I'll stop and watch these movies anytime they are on. I'm going to miss RDJ (and many of the others) when they are no longer playing these characters.
TCTTS
AG
TXAGFAN
AG
TCTTS said:

I've just never been a huge fan. His appearances in podcasts, stern, etc. just seem so random and unfocused. I don't get his schtick I guess. I am sure he will be good in movie, I'm referring to his comedy.
TCTTS
AG
You must not have seen Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've been dusted, y'all.

Quote:

Note from Thanos:

Alas, you have been banned from /r/thanosdidnothingwrong. Consider it a great privilege to receive such distinguished salvation.

Now, head over to r/inthesoulstone and enjoy the company of the other unfortunate children of Thanos. Please unsubscribe from r/thanosdidnothingwrong until your ban is lifted.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://v.redd.it/tqiynxb26r811
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've been dusted, y'all.

Quote:

Note from Thanos:

Alas, you have been banned from /r/thanosdidnothingwrong. Consider it a great privilege to receive such distinguished salvation.

Now, head over to r/inthesoulstone and enjoy the company of the other unfortunate children of Thanos. Please unsubscribe from r/thanosdidnothingwrong until your ban is lifted.

Do they just periodically ban half the users?
Brick Tamland
Wonder if this has legs

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/fox-shareholder-sues-stop-disney-acquisition-1125698
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They've been leading up to today. They banned half of the 600k subscribers.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

You must not have seen Curb Your Enthusiasm.
I love that show, and I want him to have nothing to do with Marvel.
AMW2010
AG
Another stand still from Sony? First venom now this.... https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jared-leto-star-sony-spider-man-title-morbius-daniel-espinosa-direct-1108907
AliasMan02
AG
AMW2010 said:

Another stand still from Sony? First venom now this.... https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jared-leto-star-sony-spider-man-title-morbius-daniel-espinosa-direct-1108907

So what they must be planning is to intro a bunch of supporting characters to build a universe and then utilize then in Spidey films.

I don't see this working.
rhutton125
AG
Yep - a Spidey-verse without Spider-Man, and then when the MCU deal is up they plop Spidey back in there.
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125 said:

Yep - a Spidey-verse without Spider-Man, and then when the MCU deal is up they plop Spidey back in there.
not a bad strategy if they do it right.

it sucks, but marvel was careless with its financials and sold away its movie rights for many characters in perpetuity decades ago.

not unlike what they are doing with their comic books presently. without the movies to bolster the Marvel brand, a lot more attention would be spent on how poorly the comics side is being run.
MooreTrucker
AG
It's funny/sad how great the Marvel movies are, yet what a mess the comic book side is, while DC is exactly the opposite.
jackie childs
Brick Tamland said:

Wonder if this has legs

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/fox-shareholder-sues-stop-disney-acquisition-1125698
i doubt it, suits like this get filed in almost every big dollar or high profile merger or acquisition
tamusc
AG
jackie childs said:

Brick Tamland said:

Wonder if this has legs

i doubt it, suits like this get filed in almost every big dollar or high profile merger or acquisition
Yep, it's usually either someone that has ties to a competing bidder (Comcast in this instance) or someone looking to get a payoff/higher buyout to shut up.
AliasMan02
AG
Disney and Amazon are still in a snit, huh? No pre-order for IW. (Edit: no disc pre-order)
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Disney and Amazon are still in a suit, huh? No pre-order for IW.
I see a pre order for IW for digital. I am waiting to see if there will be an HDR version.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Since I finally got around to seeing Ant-Man and the Wasp, I have an updated MCU ranking.

01. Avengers: Infinity War
02. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (was 1)
03. Captain America: Civil War
04. Guardians of the Galaxy
05. Iron Man
06. The Avengers
07. Captain America: The First Avenger
08. Thor Ragnorak
09. Black Panther (was 12)
10. Spider-Man: Homecoming (was 7)
11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (was 9)
12. Doctor Strange (was 10)
13. Avengers: Age of Ultron (was 11)
14. Ant-Man and the Wasp
15. Thor
16. Iron Man 2
17. Iron Man 3
18. Ant Man
19. The Incredible Hulk
20. Thor: The Dark World

As I sit here looking at this list, I am amazed at the sheer quality of all of these movies. For instance, I just left the theater very much entertained over a solid sci-fi comic movie, yet I'm ranking it toward the bottom of the list. Not because it was a bad or even average movie; just because I liked so many of the earlier entries so much more.
SeattleAgJr
AliasMan02 said:

Disney and Amazon are still in a snit, huh? No pre-order for IW. (Edit: no disc pre-order)
yes, amazon is being a big baby.
TajMaballer
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

not unlike what they are doing with their comic books presently. without the movies to bolster the Marvel brand, a lot more attention would be spent on how poorly the comics side is being run.

So far in 2018, they have been pushing some great content with great writers and artists. Their comics are fine. Donny Cates alone is attached to three of the best comics of the year with his Thanos run, Venom, and Cosmic Ghost Rider. Marvel needs to keep this course that they are on.

Comics as a medium on the other hand is sufferering as a whole. It is what it is with other forms of entertainment getting easier to digest. If anything Marvel Unlimited (10 bucks a month or $70 bucks a year) is a godsend to the current climate of entertainment. Better than any other comic service IMO.
MooreTrucker
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

As I sit here looking at this list, I am amazed at the sheer quality of all of these movies. For instance, I just left the theater very much entertained over a solid sci-fi comic movie, yet I'm ranking it toward the bottom of the list. Not because it was a bad or even average movie; just because I liked so many of the earlier entries so much more.
I wouldn't even begin to try to rank them because I liked them all (except The Incredible Hulk, which sucked).
Bobcat06
AG
Can we please not have another 5 pages of people ranking their favorite MCU movies?
Farmer1906
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Can we please not have another 5 pages of people ranking their favorite MCU movies?
Lets rank posters on this thread.

1.-100. Everyone

101. Bobcat

102. SeattleAg

MooreTrucker
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Bobcat06 said:

You are free to scroll right past the rankings if they irritate you so much.
First Page Last Page
Page 272 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.