*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,801 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ja86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

... In Marvel's defense, he sounds like he's not too easy to work with....
lol, just a little. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during discussions...
TXAGFAN
AG
Two weeks is crazy, just don't come here. End of weekend should be fair game.

What reason other than this movie would you come and post over the next couple weeks?
RadAg14
AG
89 to 90 on RT depending on when you refresh page

Bruce Almighty
AG
RadAg14 said:

What's with the sad face?
Sex Panther
AG
RadAg14 said:

I was trying to avoid that
RadAg14
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

RadAg14 said:

Needs a 99 or else it failed us
FL_Ag1998
AG
RadAg14 said:

Damn......its clearly below the "Wonder Woman" threshold of greatness, otherwise known as a 93% on RT.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Winter Soldier only got an 89% and GOTG2 got a measly 83%.
Madmarttigan
AG
99% would actually have me worried that there were some serious Disney moves that appeased the critics SJW tendencies these days.

Insanely high ratings actually have me more scared than 80-90%
TCTTS
AG
This is peak fanboy rationale if I've ever seen it.
Madmarttigan
AG
After Star Wars it is a fair rationale. I would also say it largely effected black panth ratings as well.

And I'm a libtard who is saying this, but I can recognize when other factors are skewing ratings.
TCTTS
AG
Except The Last Jedi is currently sitting at 91%, only three points above IW.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm pretty sure when it first came out it was at some insane rating that was almost perfect over 95% but I may be mistaken. I have been very annoyed with RT since then.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Reviews seem to be all over the place ranging from a masterpiece to an overstuffed mess.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is feeling like another Last Jedi situation. Sounds like some will love it and some will hate it.
RadAg14
AG
The reviewers that are giving it bad scores have a history of trashing marvel films.

One reviewer gave monster trucks a 3/4 and gave ragnarok a 1/4 or something like that
Beat40
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is feeling like another Last Jedi situation. Sounds like some will love it and some will hate it.

We already know what side Seattle will be on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oops, meant to post this here.

A lot of the youtube reviews (Schmoes Know, Jeremy Jahns, etc) seem to be pretty middling as well, and this is from pretty big Marvel fanboys.
TCTTS
AG
I love these movies, but if someone forced me to participate in this, I think I'd break down in tears. I'm not even kidding, I don't think I'd do this for less than $500...

MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

I love these movies, but if someone forced me to participate in this, I think I'd break down in tears. I'm not even kidding, I don't think I'd do this for less than $500...

My rewatch has taken WEEKS.

That sounds miserable as hell!
TajMaballer
AG
The MCU is my favorite film franchise, but that marathon sounds miserable. Especially considering that they aren't playing my personal favorite Winter Soldier. I'd put the price at paying me $300.

At least Erhlich is doing this for charity.
King O Frod
TCTTS said:

hope he doesnt fall asleep during the movie.
wangus12
AG
RadAg14 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

RadAg14 said:

Needs a 99 or else it failed us
Ummm actually 93% is the perfect movie. Above or below is a failure.
John Matrix
AG
MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah, that schedule takes all of the fun out of marathoning movies. My rewatch has actually taken TWO months due to work and having a two-year-old.
Dr. Horrible
MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

Still no Ant-Man... Coincidence?
AgMarauder04
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

Still no Ant-Man... Coincidence?
Maybe there's just flat out no ant man or hawkeye in the movie whatsoever and we will have to wait until 19 for their roles?
fig96
AG
Ok, haven't really had a chance to revisit outside Ragnarok and a few random viewings that popped up on cable, so I'm scheduling my next few evenings.

I'm going Saturday morning so I can fit in a few, thinking Civil War would be the most relevant, then maybe Doctor Strange and Homecoming?
jtstanley4621
AG
fig96 said:

Ok, haven't really had a chance to revisit outside Ragnarok and a few random viewings that popped up on cable, so I'm scheduling my next few evenings.

I'm going Saturday morning so I can fit in a few, thinking Civil War would be the most relevant, then maybe Doctor Strange and Homecoming?
Depends on if you're wanting to watch movies that deal with infinity war. I would say GOTG is a good one since there's a scene in there explaining all the infinity stones and there's an actual scene with Thanos.

Otherwise, solid list. I just really liked Homecoming a lot, even if it doesn't really deal with Avengers-type stuff.
fig96
AG
Good thought on GOTG. And agreed, I loved how Homecoming was a totally different type of story yet completely works in the shared universe. Really excited to see where they take the next chapters of his story.
bearamedic99
AG
please no spoilers for a month. some of us don't like going to crowded theaters and wait on movies.
hurleyag
AG
bearamedic99 said:

please no spoilers for a month. some of us don't like going to crowded theaters and wait on movies.
A month?!?! How do you expect to avoid spoilers in a month?
TCTTS
AG
The exact, unreasonable, everyone-cater-to-me attitude I can't stand when it comes to spoilers. And it's not even for a good reason.
TexasAggie_02
AG
hurleyag said:

bearamedic99 said:

I managed to avoid the Force awakens spoilers for over a year, a month is rookie numbers.
wangus12
AG
hurleyag said:

bearamedic99 said:

We aren't gonna cater to something just because you don't want to go.

The two week grace period is usually enough to juggle family/work/life that can get in the way of seeing a movie immediately on release. Not going because of a crowd for the biggest release of the year isn't an excuse.
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

The exact, unreasonable, everyone-cater-to-me attitude I can't stand when it comes to spoilers. And it's not even for a good reason.
I don't think you're wrong when it comes to threads devoted to single shows or movies. I just think that this thread is a bit different since it's about a lot more than just one movie. We do have a thread to discuss the movie in with spoilers galore.

If I wasn't watching it opening night, I would not come in here regardless. I certainly wouldn't go into the movie thread. I mainly don't trust peopel regardless of spoiler rules, though. And of course, sometimes people make honest mistakes.

In the end its definitely up to you to avoid spoilers on the internet but I also don't think its some kind of ridiculous request to have spoiler discussions confined to the movie thread for awhile. I think anyone arguing either side with a lot of ferver is displaying the attituded you were talking about disliking, honestly.
First Page Last Page
Page 253 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.