*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,625 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
watch them bring back Coulson just to kill him again
hurleyag
AG
Sex Panther said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah, I'd say Loki is a lock to die in this movie, if not the next. But one of the main heroes HAS to die this movie as well, right?

Unless they decide to do a fakeout, it'll be Cap

Hard to say what they will do though. They have the source material to work from, but you have to think Marvel has something up their sleeve. And since it's essentially a two parter, and we know that people can die but come back due to the infinity stones powers, then who knows what happens by the end of Infinity War 2.

I do think Marvel knows this is their big stage and they are going to basically try to drop some jaws. Not to start a discussion/argument with the Star Wars fans, but I can see them trying to create this generation's Empire moment with a "Luke I am your father" type reveal... If that makes sense..
Thanos is Drax's father, calling it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
Seriously, if the God of Thunder dies but Hawkeye and Black Widow, non-powered humans who specialize in the bow and arrow and kung-fu moves respectively, make it out alive from a fight with Thanos....well, I don't even know what to say about that.

I've grown to love Chris Hemsworth too much, I'm not ready to say adios to Thor yet. Even if it brings us Beta Ray Bill.
TCTTS
AG
Just a reminder that the Infinity War embargo on tweets/reactions lifts at 12:00 AM CST tonight (the second the premiere ends) and that the embargo for reviews lifts at 5 PM CST tomorrow (Tuesday). Per usual, I'll post the initial reactions in the spoiler thread tonight for those interested.
bedofbrass33
AG
Sorry swimmer look like I'm going Saturday as well. We coulda been great

And now I'm out. Usually don't care about spoilers but this is big enough that I want the surprise #phrasingboom
Dr. Horrible
Since this could very well be the last time I'm on this thread for a week, just a few thoughts...

Finished the rewatch of the first 17 with the wife. She confirmed that it was awesome to see them all again, and you catch so many things that you didn't see before. Will probably watch BP in theaters Friday (if we can find somewhere decent still showing it), and then IMAX early Saturday. It did make us wish Incredible Hulk was Ruffalo and not Norton. Might have made it feel more connected. Also, we both wished there was more tie in to TV properties. I know I've said it on here before, but frustrates us to no end that you can't at least get a cameo that wouldn't impact the overarching story for someone that didn't watch the TV shows, but would be an easter egg for those that do. Many opportunities missed.

Finally, is anyone else expecting this to be anything other than the greatest comic book movie of all time?

TexasAggie_02
AG
What if everyone but Hawkeye and ant man dies in the first act? The rest of the movie is a psychedelic romp through the quantum realm.
swimmerbabe11
Maybe next Marvel Movie Outing
Farmer1906
AG
So I was checking on BP's boxoffice. It's up to 681 (#3) domestic & 1325 (#10) worldwide. It's one of the few (only?) movies with more sales domestically than the rest of the world that high on the list. You have to go all the way to #24 Rogue One to find another film with greater domestic than the rest of the world. My question to the board is why?
Farmer1906
AG
We don't see the most of the guardians (except drax & Star-lord) anywhere either. I'm pretty sure they're off on a mission (new weapon) while it's going down. They may save someone in one of the finals acts.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Farmer1906 said:

So I was checking on BP's boxoffice. It's up to 681 (#3) domestic & 1325 (#10) worldwide. It's one of the few (only?) movies with more sales domestically than the rest of the world that high on the list. You have to go all the way to #24 Rogue One to find another film with greater domestic than the rest of the world. My question to the board is why?

The black demographic
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well I completed the 18 movie marathon with Thor Ragnorak. Ragnorak was just a lot of fun. I really enjoyed revisiting the older entries, many of which I had not watched in 5 years or more, I.e., Thor the Dark World or The Incredible Hulk.

And now I am bailing from this thread until Friday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Because the "phenomenon" aspect of it was mostly an American culture thing, for obvious reasons.

In the rest of the world, it was less about that and mostly another Marvel superhero movie.

No data to back that up, just my thoughts.
TXAGFAN
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Many many parts of the world are extremely racist. Americans have this idea that for example in Europe they are more enlightened and not racist when that couldn't be further from the truth.
TCTTS
AG
Looks like the embargo is 12:30, not 12, just FYI.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Stan ****ing Lee
Farmer1906
AG
Checking out.

The Russo bros and so many on twitter have said don't be spoiled so I'm going to try not to.
The Shank Ag
I think this thread is pretty firm on no spoilers. I will stay for media reactions
MandoArms
So this thread is no spoilers at least for the next week or so??
IG: mando_arms
AgMarauder04
AG
I would hope for AT LEAST a week, if not 2 after the movie is released.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the Star Wars thread, we usually wait until Jan 1, which is about 2 weeks. Admittedly, that is being generous.

I would think anyone who cares enough to keep up with this thread will have seen it after the second weekend at the latest.

My suggestion would be -- Monday May 7th (Monday after next), full spoilers/discussion allowed?
Orome
AG
Two weekends would be fair
MooreTrucker
AG
Shouldn't this thread be pretty much spoiler free as opposed to the official thread for the movie itself?
fig96
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Shouldn't this thread be pretty much spoiler free as opposed to the official thread for the movie itself?
In general, but at some point the conversation becomes how what happened in the film effects events moving forward and it's tough to avoid spoilers at that point.
MBAR
AG
You should not be posting spoilers of the movie in this thread for quite some time, IMO. 2 weeks is the bare minimum. There's going to be a spoiler thread, so it should be easy to consolidate the spoiler conversation there for awhile.
TCTTS
AG
This is the same protocol we've been adhering to for years now. Star Wars, Marvel, etc have all allowed spoilers in the main threads after roughly two weeks.

Besides, who are these people who still need to talk/read about Marvel movies in general but haven't been able to see the newest movie after two weeks? Especially one as big as Infinity War? I get that babies and other commitments can get in the way, but for that very small minority, at what point do the rest of us have to stop bending over backwards for you? Two weeks seems more than fair in that regard.
jtstanley4621
AG
MBAR said:

You should not be posting spoilers of the movie in this thread for quite some time, IMO. 2 weeks is the bare minimum. There's going to be a spoiler thread, so it should be easy to consolidate the spoiler conversation there for awhile.
Totally agree. The movie has had so much behind it, I think any sort of spoilers would suck to see here because so many people have put in so much time watching movies building up to this. Especially if there's a spoiler thread. I agree with the at least 2 week embargo on spoilers here though.
AgMarauder04
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

MBAR said:

Totally agree. The movie has had so much behind it, I think any sort of spoilers would suck to see here because so many people have put in so much time watching movies building up to this. Especially if there's a spoiler thread. I agree with the at least 2 week embargo on spoilers here though.
I would say 2 weeks, spoiler tags for another week, personally
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

This is same the protocol we've been adhering to for years now. Star Wars, Marvel, etc have all allowed spoilers in the main threads after roughly two weeks.

Besides, who are these people who still need to talk/read about Marvel movies in general but haven't been able to see the newest movie after two weeks? Especially one as big as Infinity War? I get that babies and other commitments can get in the way, but for that very small minority, at what point do the rest of us have to stop bending over backwards for you? Two weeks seems more than fair in that regard.
Well, thats an awfully strange description of "bend over backwards". I'm seeing it opening night, so its not for me, but 2 weeks just seems like the minimum to me. I'll let the people who might be spoiled fight for themselves, though.
fig96
AG
MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

This is same the protocol we've been adhering to for years now. Star Wars, Marvel, etc have all allowed spoilers in the main threads after roughly two weeks.

Well, thats an awfully strange description of "bend over backwards". I'm seeing it opening night, so its not for me, but 2 weeks just seems like the minimum to me. I'll let the people who might be spoiled fight for themselves, though.
If you haven't seen arguably the biggest film of the last several years after a few weeks, you probably won't need to be involved in discussing events around the film's universe either.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

This is the same protocol we've been adhering to for years now. Star Wars, Marvel, etc have all allowed spoilers in the main threads after roughly two weeks.

Dude, it was just a question. I still haven't seen Ragnorok or BP, but I'm not complaining. Just asking.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AMorgan13 said:

Two weekends would be fair
In two weekends, everyone should be on their third viewing.......
heddleston
AG
I've got an 8 month old, a 2 year old, i live in Africa and i dont care if spoilers end up here on opening night or not. once its out i do my best to maintain a media blackout until I can see it. Y'all do whatever you want so long as the thread is well marked/noted.
fig96
AG
The Creator of Avengers: Infinity War Villain Thanos Hates Marvel Comics' Guts

Interesting read (spoiler free unless you want to just know nothing about Thanos' history). In Marvel's defense, he sounds like he's not too easy to work with.
First Page Last Page
Page 252 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.