*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,433 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got tickets to see it Saturday morning with my roommate. Those were the best combo of seats we could find. Just hoping I can hold out with spoilers until then. I think I should be able to since it'll basically just be one day.

Full disclosure: I am 25 and I find myself bordering on little kid levels of excitement about seeing this movie. It's been such a long time waiting.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm doing a complete rewatch and expected to feel that way about the Avengers, but damn that's just a great blockbuster. It's such a simple plot, and while it seemed like a monumental task at the time teaming everyone up after four solo movies (which is nothing compared to what they've done now), but man did they do a bang up job balancing everyone and giving everyone a chance to shine.

The rewatch has been great so far as well. You really appreciate the magnitude of what Marvel is pulling off.
AliasMan02
AG
Sex Panther said:

I'm doing a complete rewatch and expected to feel that way about the Avengers, but damn that's just a great blockbuster. It's such a simple plot, and while it seemed like a monumental task at the time teaming everyone up after four solo movies (which is nothing compared to what they've done now), but man did they do a bang up job balancing everyone and giving everyone a chance to shine.

The rewatch has been great so far as well. You really appreciate the magnitude of what Marvel is pulling off.

Put on the suit!

A great line/exchange that ended up being a nice foreshadow. Avengers is great because of all the interpersonal stuff.
FL_Ag1998
AG
jeffk said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

jeffk said:

Only if we get the version where he's one of Peter Parker's high school classmates.

Oh I agree completely. Bring in another young face and go with the Sam version of Nova....a young kid who finds out his dad was an interstellar policeman who's been missing for some time. A contemporary for Peter Parker.

It would work out pretty well if Thanos does indeed mess up or destroy the Nova Corps while getting the infinity stone from them.

Didn't even think about that, but yeah, perfect natural way for them to introduce Sam as a new "last of the Novas" after he finds his dad's helmet now that Thanos has annihilated the Nova Corp. Good thinking
wangus12
AG
MooreTrucker said:

MBAR said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

It's more stranger danger than judgment. I go to bars, museums, concerts, resturants etc by myself all the time.
Something about being in a dark room with all my focus on one space that is opposite of the entrance/not easy to move/can't see the people around me... It's non-stop spidey sense tingling the whole time.

The first time I went by myself, I had to sit in the parking lot a while and talk myself into going in. I liked the movie, but I never felt like I could get into it. ...and only like 15 people were in the theatre.

I don't talk to people at the movies..it just feels "safer"****

**yes, I understand that it is irrational
Eh, its not that irrational, honestly. The more I've spoken with my wife and my female friends about how it is to be alone, I tend to understand how you feel. That being said, a movie theater seems like a pretty safe place and I think you should feel OK going alone. But I get it if you don't.
Yeah, I think the "movies alone" thing is a guy thing. My wife and her friends just think it's weird.
Yep. I absolutely love going by myself, but the gf thinks it is weird
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

I finally get to see Black Panther today.
Saw your tweet, enjoy!
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Sex Panther said:

Put on the suit!

A great line/exchange that ended up being a nice foreshadow. Avengers is great because of all the interpersonal stuff.

Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?

Genius. Billionaire-Playboy. Philanthropist.
jeffk
AG
fig96 said:

jeffk said:

I finally get to see Black Panther today.
Saw your tweet, enjoy!

Thanks. So F'n pumped.
TajMaballer
AG
Going to see Black Panther again in theaters to finish off my complete rewatch. Even my least favorite movies (Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor Dark World) in the series are pretty fun and have fantastic moments. This rewatch confirmed that the MCU is my favorite movie franchise and only seems to be getting better. 3 of my top 5 movies that have come out in the last year (Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, and Black Panther) with the other 2 being Winter Soldier and GotG.

Thursday can't get here fast enough!
jtstanley4621
AG
TajMaballer said:

Going to see Black Panther again in theaters to finish off my complete rewatch. Even my least favorite movies (Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor Dark World) in the series are pretty fun and have fantastic moments. This rewatch confirmed that the MCU is my favorite movie franchise and only seems to be getting better. 3 of my top 5 movies that have come out in the last year (Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, and Black Panther) with the other 2 being Winter Soldier and GotG.

Thursday can't get here fast enough!
Agreed. I think they're really starting to find a groove for turning out pretty good movies and knowing what works, etc.

I've heard people talk about feeling like they're being overloaded with Marvel movies, but at least for me personally as a kid I always wanted to see these kinds of movies but didn't get a chance so I'm happy to see basically whatever they're putting out. Maybe that changes after a while, but for right now I haven't been disappointed with really any recent Marvel movie I've seen.
Brick Tamland
Marvel isn't even my favorite comic book company and I'm nowhere close to getting the fatigue. I love comic book movies, even if I've never read the comic for it. All the stories are different (although they follow the same formula).

They're just good movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Doctor Strange is up on Netflix, fyi.

I have Spider-Man and Thor Ragnarok left to go on my rewatch. I'll see if I finish by Wednesday, in which case I may do another theater watch for BP. (It's STILL showing at my local Regal.)
TajMaballer
AG
There's 4 theaters around me with 4 screenings each! I can't wait to see the box office numbers at the end of the week! Still an outside chance to get to 700 million domestic!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure if this has been discussed, but if I had to call my shot, I'm thinking Thor dies early on. Likely in the first act.

Thor is the last line of defense trying to keep Thanos off of Earth, and he kills him. Then we know **** has gotten real.
M.C. Swag
AG
Definitely possible. We konw for certain that Thor survives his initial encounter with Thanos (due to his meeting of the Guardians), but i don't think we've even seen a clip of him on Earth? or with IM/Original Avenger cast, correct?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly. We haven't seen any clips of Thor on Earth or with anyone besides the Guardians.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

I am 25 and I find myself bordering on little kid levels of excitement about seeing this movie. It's been such a long time waiting.
I am 50 and that exact description applies to me. I'm almost like Peter Pan it seems, never wanting to really grow up.
M.C. Swag
AG
****, same goes for Hulk too, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
Yeah we saw Banner laying in a pile of rubble from crashing to Earth.

I'll be super sad if Thor dies. He has been my favorite character along with Cap.
TCTTS
AG
I predicted Thor a while back, but then the filmmakers said he has the most screen time of any Avenger this movie, which only solidified my belief that this is his final story and that he dies at the end. Though, maybe they were purposefully being misleading and he does bite it in the first act.
Sex Panther
AG
M.C. Swag said:

****, same goes for Hulk too, right?

From a released clip posted I think yesterday on this thread:

Tony, Dr. Strange and Bruce Banner are at Strange's Sanctorum and Banner is warning them about Thanos.
wangus12
AG
Although Thor sacrificing himself could lead to Loki making a sacrifice as well
M.C. Swag
AG
Well that settles that.
wangus12
AG
And the Thor storyline was getting awesome with direction Ragnarok went
Sex Panther
AG
Don't think Thor dies no matter what

Loki for sure though
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I'd say Loki is a lock to die in this movie, if not the next. But one of the main heroes HAS to die this movie as well, right?
hurleyag
AG
TCTTS said:

But one of the main heroes HAS to die this movie as well, right?
Not saying no, but we thought the same thing for Civil War.
wangus12
AG
My money is definitely on Cap or Iron Man.
jtstanley4621
AG
hurleyag said:

TCTTS said:

I just feel like someone kinda has to for the stakes/movie to seem real.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll be honest, if we don't get at lease one major death, I'll consider it a letdown.

(By major, let's say anyone from the original Avengers.)
hurleyag
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

hurleyag said:

TCTTS said:

I just feel like someone kinda has to for the stakes/movie to seem real.
We also said that about Civil War...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hence why that movie was a letdown.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll be honest, if we don't get at lease one major death, I'll consider it a letdown.

(By major, let's say anyone from the original Avengers.)
But not Hawkeye
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, I'd say Loki is a lock to die in this movie, if not the next. But one of the main heroes HAS to die this movie as well, right?

Unless they decide to do a fakeout, it'll be Cap

Hard to say what they will do though. They have the source material to work from, but you have to think Marvel has something up their sleeve. And since it's essentially a two parter, and we know that people can die but come back due to the infinity stones powers, then who knows what happens by the end of Infinity War 2.

I do think Marvel knows this is their big stage and they are going to basically try to drop some jaws. Not to start a discussion/argument with the Star Wars fans, but I can see them trying to create this generation's Empire moment with a "Luke I am your father" type reveal... If that makes sense..
First Page Last Page
Page 251 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.