*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,654 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I really really don't enjoy it. I'm uncomfortable and paranoid the whole time.

It's not my favorite thing about myself

That sucks. I would never see movies if I didn't go on my own. My tastes are pretty different from my friends outside of the big releases and way to difficult to get set up
Liquid Wrench
swimmerbabe11 said:

Of what?
Farmer1906
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

That's too bad. I was weirded out the first time because it wasn't cool (I was like 18 or 19) but since then I've come to really enjoy it.
Farmer1906
AG
ChiliBeans said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Of what?

Judgement
AliasMan02
AG
Farmer1906 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

That's too bad. I was weirded out the first time because it wasn't cool (I was like 18 or 19) but since then I've come to really enjoy it.

Same.
redline248
AG
Is alias man your brother? Don't y'all see a lot of these movies together?
YellAgs
AG
That wpuld explain so much. Mind blown
Liquid Wrench
Farmer1906 said:

ChiliBeans said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Of what?

Judgement
I figured people got over the stigma of going out alone sometime after high school. If you ever travel for work or get relocated, you get over that stigma pretty quickly because hanging out in the hotel room gets old quick.

A movie alone is sort of like eating alone. It's sometimes nice to focus completely on what you're there for without having to talk to anyone else. Lowly attended matinees are the best.
swimmerbabe11
It's more stranger danger than judgment. I go to bars, museums, concerts, resturants etc by myself all the time.
Something about being in a dark room with all my focus on one space that is opposite of the entrance/not easy to move/can't see the people around me... It's non-stop spidey sense tingling the whole time.

The first time I went by myself, I had to sit in the parking lot a while and talk myself into going in. I liked the movie, but I never felt like I could get into it. ...and only like 15 people were in the theatre.

I don't talk to people at the movies..it just feels "safer"****

**yes, I understand that it is irrational
Farmer1906
AG
bedofbrass33
AG
You can be my date. I'm kinda tall and vaguely jacked. However, I'm going with my friend and his wife who happen to be t-sips. That might be worse than going alone.

Re: the movie, pretty stoked for this one. Seems like just a couple years ago I went to see Iron Man and thought it was a really cool movie. Didn't realize at the time they were going for a shared universe. The MCU has really turned into a fascinating beast.

Confession, I still haven't the Hulk movies and have no plans to. I have seen every other movie in the MCU though.
MBAR
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

It's more stranger danger than judgment. I go to bars, museums, concerts, resturants etc by myself all the time.
Something about being in a dark room with all my focus on one space that is opposite of the entrance/not easy to move/can't see the people around me... It's non-stop spidey sense tingling the whole time.

The first time I went by myself, I had to sit in the parking lot a while and talk myself into going in. I liked the movie, but I never felt like I could get into it. ...and only like 15 people were in the theatre.

Eh, its not that irrational, honestly. The more I've spoken with my wife and my female friends about how it is to be alone, I tend to understand how you feel. That being said, a movie theater seems like a pretty safe place and I think you should feel OK going alone. But I get it if you don't.
MBAR
AG
I'll be seeing it Thursday night at 10pm here in BCS. I'd say I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time but that's not true since I was pretty much this excited for Black Panther. But still, I'm stoked.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I've been wondering why no Nova with Guardians becoming such a big, integral hit for this universe they're making. I'd love to see him come onboard.
jeffk
AG
Only if we get the version where he's one of Peter Parker's high school classmates.
V8Aggie
AG
ChiliBeans said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Of what?
littering and... littering and... littering and
V8Aggie
AG
MBAR said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Eh, its not that irrational, honestly. The more I've spoken with my wife and my female friends about how it is to be alone, I tend to understand how you feel. That being said, a movie theater seems like a pretty safe place and I think you should feel OK going alone. But I get it if you don't.
Meh... I went to see Black Panther alone last weekend because my wife was out shopping with her mom. I walked in, sat in the back with my gun in my pocket and enjoyed.
FL_Ag1998
AG
jeffk said:

Only if we get the version where he's one of Peter Parker's high school classmates.

Oh I agree completely. Bring in another young face and go with the Sam version of Nova....a young kid who finds out his dad was an interstellar policeman who's been missing for some time. A contemporary for Peter Parker.
swimmerbabe11
That's great for you. I'm sincerely glad. However, I'm sure there are places where you feel uncomfortable and you have no reason to..that I have had a great time at. This is my personal discomfort. I get that it is dumb and that my QOL would probably be better if I just "got over it". I have tried..and I find it enjoyable.

Also, going somewhere alone as a dude and as a girl are totally different experiences.

Also Also, if you are engrossed in the movie and someone sits behind you and puts a gun to your neck, the one in your pocket won't be doing you much good.

Also Also Also, I'd literally be more comfortable meeting BedOfBrass off the internet (after intense e-stalking) and going with his friends that I have never met than going by myself. It's just a nervous tick I have,

Conclusion: I want to see this movie, I'm not going to see it alone because I want to enjoy it instead of trying to conquer my Movie-Alone-Paranoia. I'll save that for.. literally anything else. I'm gonna get Alias or my brother to go watch it a second time with me.

The Shank Ag
swimmerbabe11 said:

That's great for you. I'm sincerely glad. However, I'm sure there are places where you feel uncomfortable and you have no reason to..that I have had a great time at. This is my personal discomfort. I get that it is dumb and that my QOL would probably be better if I just "got over it". I have tried..and I find it enjoyable.

Also, going somewhere alone as a dude and as a girl are totally different experiences.

Also Also, if you are engrossed in the movie and someone sits behind you and puts a gun to your neck, the one in your pocket won't be doing you much good.

Also Also Also, I'd literally be more comfortable meeting BedOfBrass off the internet (after intense e-stalking) and going with his friends that I have never met than going by myself. It's just a nervous tick I have,

Conclusion: I want to see this movie, I'm not going to see it alone because I want to enjoy it instead of trying to conquer my Movie-Alone-Paranoia. I'll save that for.. literally anything else. I'm gonna get Alias or my brother to go watch it a second time with me.

This is something I never really thought about (I know that sounds bad) until I was with my now wife. I grew up with a sister that never really said anything like that and never really had other friends that were girls say anything about it, but my wife definitely made sure that thought hit home. As a large guy, ive never had to think about getting abducted or taken advantage of. Ladies do.
jeffk
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

jeffk said:

Oh I agree completely. Bring in another young face and go with the Sam version of Nova....a young kid who finds out his dad was an interstellar policeman who's been missing for some time. A contemporary for Peter Parker.

It would work out pretty well if Thanos does indeed mess up or destroy the Nova Corps while getting the infinity stone from them.
AgMarauder04
AG
jeffk said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

jeffk said:

It would work out pretty well if Thanos does indeed mess up or destroy the Nova Corps while getting the infinity stone from them.
Chances of that happening seem like 95%
V8Aggie
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

If you read my post as condescending or making fun of you, that was not my intent.

You being a woman going alone makes a huge difference and I may have missed that.

Regarding the gun comment of someone sitting behind me, I still have a better chance with a gun than without one. Plus someone can put a gun to my neck anywhere, including while I am mowing my lawn for example. That danger exists everywhere as do many others.

(the Super Troopers comment was made b/c your response was just too good a setup within an entertainment thread)
tx1c
AG
Quote:

That's why he said sit in the back. Unless he's more of a target shooter and wants to take out every cell phone that lights up in front of him. If so, I certainly wouldn't blame him.
V8Aggie
AG
tx1c said:

Quote:

That's why he said sit in the back. Unless he's more of a target shooter and wants to take out every cell phone that lights up in front of him. If so, I certainly wouldn't blame him.
Lord knows I've been tempted...

Haha but enough of a derail.

AVENGERS COMES OUT FRIDAY !!!
AliasMan02
AG
Gonna have a second viewing with AliasWife03 shortly after and you will get an invite so you don't have to go it alone.
jeffk
AG
I finally get to see Black Panther today.
MooreTrucker
AG
MBAR said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Yeah, I think the "movies alone" thing is a guy thing. My wife and her friends just think it's weird.
MooreTrucker
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

Confession, I still haven't the Hulk movies and have no plans to. I have seen every other movie in the MCU though.
There's only one Hulk movie that matters and it sucks (IMO) and missing it won't hurt anything as far as the MCU is concerned.
MBAR
AG
Yeah after my current rewatch, the Hulk feels more disjointed than ever. Most of the phase 1 stuff feels very distant now, honestly. It's not that the films are bad, it's just that its like watching season 1 of a show thats been on the air for a long time. Everything is so different.
Brick Tamland
I agree. The original Avengers movie is hard to sit through now after all the newer films being so much better.
Farmer1906
AG
Whaaaat? I don't feel that way at all. It's still really good. It's fun seeing them meet up the first time. Ironman, Cap, and Thor's little scrap to get Loki is still one of the best scenes in the MCU. It's the first time we get a group of heros fighting.
TCTTS
AG
Brick Tamland
Definitely has some nostalgic effect like having everyone on screen together, but once they're on the SHIELD aircraft it goes really slow. The battle in NYC is bad ass, but I find it hard to sit through the beginning of it nowadays. It's still a good movie, but the recent run eclipses it for me if you're just looking at it as a Marvel movie and not a crossover event.
Brick Tamland
Not saying I don't like the movie, because that's not true. I would just prefer to watch the movies that came after Age of Ultron.
First Page Last Page
Page 250 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.