*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,518 Views | 27740 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can think of one character introduced in Black Panther who won't be in IW.
TexasAggie_02
AG
MBAR said:

Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

A similar question to Chilibeans'...

I have yet to see Homecoming or Ragnorok, but I can get BOGO tix for Black Panther this weekend. Would it hurt to see BP before the other two? And for that matter, would it hurt to see Ragnorok before Homecoming?
Seeing them out of order won't matter

However, if you're trying to prioritize which movies to see before IW.

Ragnarok>Homecoming>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black Panther

Also, the events of Ragnarok & Homecoming will have an impact on IW. Black Panther not so much.
Disagree completely. If someone walks into IW without seeing black panther there is a ton of context they will be missing out on. Its by far the most important film of those 3 in connecting to IW.

Thor is the most important. It sets up hulk, the tesseract and Thor's inevitable meet up with GOTG.

black panther and Wakandan tech were introduced in civil war. Only thing you are missing is black Panthers back story.

I agree it's more important than Spider-Man, but doesn't come close to Thor.
swimmerbabe11
Is she saynig "We dont want to kill you, but we willl" ??
M.C. Swag
AG
lol I said exactly that.
bedofbrass33
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Is she saynig "We dont want to kill you, but we willl" ??
Yup, about time some super heroes are ready to permanently end a threat.
MBAR
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

MBAR said:

Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

A similar question to Chilibeans'...

I have yet to see Homecoming or Ragnorok, but I can get BOGO tix for Black Panther this weekend. Would it hurt to see BP before the other two? And for that matter, would it hurt to see Ragnorok before Homecoming?
Seeing them out of order won't matter

However, if you're trying to prioritize which movies to see before IW.

Ragnarok>Homecoming>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black Panther

Also, the events of Ragnarok & Homecoming will have an impact on IW. Black Panther not so much.
Disagree completely. If someone walks into IW without seeing black panther there is a ton of context they will be missing out on. Its by far the most important film of those 3 in connecting to IW.

Thor is the most important. It sets up hulk, the tesseract and Thor's inevitable meet up with GOTG.

black panther and Wakandan tech were introduced in civil war. Only thing you are missing is black Panthers back story.

I agree it's more important than Spider-Man, but doesn't come close to Thor.
But we know who the hulk is. The fact that he got to space really isn't as important since he's coming back to Earth. Same with the Tesseract. We know it was in Asgard and we know what it is. Thor moves some pieces around, but that's about it. Thor does introduce Valkryie and I assume she'll play a role so there is that.

BP sets the context for the entire scene of a battle with at least half a dozen characters we have never seen before.

If you miss Thor then you don't know who Valkryie is but you know what everyone else is. (Assuming no Hela which I think is actually a safe bet). If you miss Black Panther then you have no idea who Shuri, Nakia, Okoye, M'Baku, and O'Koye are and I think they're all going to play a part in the movie. Then there's Wakanda of course which you've only seen in a post credits scene briefly outside of BP.

The truth is you'd probably be fine if you didn't see either because its still a comic book movie but I think BP is still the most important.
MBAR
AG
M.C. Swag said:

lol I said exactly that.
Yeah sorry man I missed your post.
MBAR
AG
I just don't think Hela is going to be involved. The way Thanos' motivations are being talked about in the trailer it doesn't seem like its for Hela at all. I'm not buying it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Cate Blanchett isn't listed as part of the cast, which probably means Hela isn't going to be in Infinity War. I guess it's possible that Marvel is keeping her off as some kind of surprise reveal, but I don't know why they would do that.
M.C. Swag
AG
I wish they would use her as death incarnate (from the comics). It'd make the original teaser from A1 way more relevant. "To challenge them is to court death" I mean, thats the perfect setup scene for all of IW! And it happened 6 years ago!
jtstanley4621
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I wish they would use her as death incarnate (from the comics). It'd make the original teaser from A1 way more relevant. "To challenge them is to court death" I mean, thats the perfect setup scene for all of IW! And it happened 6 years ago!
Yep, that would be really cool. Blanchett is a great actress and she was clearly having a blast playing Hela. I liked he a lot in Ragnarok. I want to see her back on screen again. Too good to use just for one movie.
TCTTS
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

Well duh....he already has an MCU role:

jtstanley4621
AG
Love that Waititi identified him as "from We Bought a Zoo fame." Waititi is hilarious
SeattleAgJr
this is official

TCTTS
AG
Again, that's not even remotely official. Confirmed as fan made.
M.C. Swag
AG
This was precisely my desire when Disney was in discussions with acquiring the rights to Fox properties almost a year ago;

7/7/2017
Quote:

In my fantasy world...Avengers 4 would end with Thanos lying in a smoldering heap from the collective beating he took from every hero.....

....and as the camera cuts to the gauntlet hand, we hear soft footsteps approaching....

......then a gloved hand reaching down and grabbing Thanos by the wrist and removing the guntlet...

...the camera follows the gauntlet as it's lifted up and slowly slipped onto the new owner....

...who immediately raisies the middle finger salute to Thanos.

Camera comes into focus and we see the red and black blur crystallize into the form of Deadpool.

As the scene slowly fades to black, he continues to mime offensive gestures and quippy dialogue towards the defeated Thanos and exasperated Avenger team.
Brick Tamland
I'm reading the Infinity six part series from 2012-13 right now. It makes me curious to how the Infinity War movie would play out with a scope that big. They include the Inhumans, X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four so far (I'm on part 2).

Nevermind. I hope this never comes to fruition. Totally stupid and anticlimactic ending.
TajMaballer
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Just saw this. The idea that people who worked on the movie don't know the plot is SUPER exciting.
Brick Tamland
Game of Thrones finale-esque
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is so cool.

TajMaballer
AG
I think this is where Marvel succeeds the most. They have made characters that are plain likable. They are not controversial and pretty safe, but they make it work. A 7 year old kid and an 80 year grandmother can both root for Iron Man cause he quips. Captain America is a boy scout with a shield. Hulk smashes (All of these are oversimplications, but I think you get the point). They might not have reinvented the movie wheel on a movie to movie basis, but they make different characters work together like no one else can, which has other studios trying to recreate their success.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting.

Quote:

In an interview with Total Film, Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors of 'Avengers: Infinity War', revealed that some of Thanos's backstory had to be cut for time. Anothony Russo stated, "We were considering showing [Thanos'] backstory, but ultimately felt it wasn't necessary for the movie."
Farmer1906
AG
That is a bummer. I know most probably don't feel this way, but I don't care if a movie is 4 hours long if its done right.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Interesting.

Quote:

In an interview with Total Film, Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors of 'Avengers: Infinity War', revealed that some of Thanos's backstory had to be cut for time. Anothony Russo stated, "We were considering showing [Thanos'] backstory, but ultimately felt it wasn't necessary for the movie."

I can't help but read into that a bit. Seems like something that could be pushed to Avengers 4... unless Thanos is no longer relevant in that film.
SeattleAgJr
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Interesting.

Quote:

I can't help but read into that a bit. Seems like something that could be pushed to Avengers 4... unless Thanos is no longer relevant in that film.
thanos is in both films
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Interesting.

Quote:

It is a 2hr and 40 min movies. This bad boy is long. A chunk is supposed to be from Thanos's perspective so I am sure we will still get significant backstory, there just may not be as much as originally planned.
AliasMan02
AG
SO EXCITED
Hulla Baller
AG
I hope that Thanos doesn't get the Snoke treatment...
Whos Juan
AG
Hulla Baller said:

[Spoiler]Thanos is actually Ben Kingsley playing a character to serve as a distraction so Justin Hammer can finally get revenge on Tony Stark.[/spoiler]
Farmer1906
AG
Hulla Baller said:

You think that's a real possibility? Cause i don't.
AliasMan02
AG
Reactions of the 30 minute screening that I've seen are all extremely positive. Lots of talk about the humor and how ambitious it is.

M.C. Swag
AG
Sorry if I missed it already, but is there some reason why everyone is keen on Hawkeyes whereabouts? Other than his absence in the trailer, why is that a big deal? I feel like the franchise has been slowly trying to distance his involvement since AoU.
AliasMan02
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Sorry if I missed it already, but is there some reason why everyone is keen on Hawkeyes whereabouts? Other than his absence in the trailer, why is that a big deal? I feel like the franchise has been slowly trying to distance his involvement since AoU.

I don't think we know, but it has to do with the plot somehow. I wonder if he has really retired but gets pulled in heavily in Avengers 4.
First Page Last Page
Page 242 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.