*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,668 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by YouBet
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hurleyag said:

Based on what we've seen in the trailers, I'd say yes. It looks like a big portion will take place in Wakanda and Black Panther introduces the country, characters, and technology.
other than establishing the characters and technology of Wakanda, there is no direct tie-iin to IW. we already know from the end of Civil War that Wakanda's technology has far surpassed the rest of the world.

I would recommend seeing it, but it is not absolutely critical.
fig96
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

hurleyag said:

Based on what we've seen in the trailers, I'd say yes. It looks like a big portion will take place in Wakanda and Black Panther introduces the country, characters, and technology.
other than establishing the characters and technology of Wakanda, there is no direct tie-iin to IW. we already know from the end of Civil War that Wakanda's technology has far surpassed the rest of the world.

I would recommend seeing it, but it is not absolutely critical.
But if you haven't seen it you're going to have a bunch of characters you don't know show up in a place you don't know for what may be the climactic battle scene.

Plus it's awesome. Watch it.
Liquid Wrench
Thanks for the answers. I'll watch them all eventually, it just...takes me a while to get around to things.
israeliag
AG
Sex Panther said:

ChiliBeans said:

Question for the room: I have a bit of catching up to do before Infinity War.

While I have my Netflix trial, which is more important to watch first: Guardians 2 or Doctor Strange?

Dr. Strange came out right before Guardians 2, but I don't remember anything in it impacting the latter.

They're both good and pretty weird. I personally put Strange around the middle of the pack and GotG2 in the very top tier. It's one of my personal favorites.
IMO:
More important to IW: Dr. Strange (there's a stone in that one)
GotG2 does have Gamora and Nebula's relationship playing a pretty large role and Nebula eventually becoming a kinda-good-guy.

And while Dr. Strange came out before GotG 2 I believe GotG 2 takes place before Strange (we see Groot going from baby to teen in the post-credits).
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This kind of annoys me. I like that anyone can match up with anyone depending on the writing most of the time. Obviously Hulk, Thor, Vision, Scarlet Witch, & Doctor Strange are more powerful than Hawkeye & Black Widow, but even guys like Cap & Iron have their moments vs Thor & Hulk.

You have her crush Thor & Scarlet Witch then why even have the rest of them.
Yeah, Wanda can basically bend reality, right? Is Captain Marvel like Superman?

edit: Cynical thought is that the Disney/Marvel folks just want a woman hero to be the most powerful.
Bruce Almighty
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

This kind of annoys me. I like that anyone can match up with anyone depending on the writing most of the time. Obviously Hulk, Thor, Vision, Scarlet Witch, & Doctor Strange are more powerful than Hawkeye & Black Widow, but even guys like Cap & Iron have their moments vs Thor & Hulk.

You have her crush Thor & Scarlet Witch then why even have the rest of them.
Yeah, Wanda can basically bend reality, right? Is Captain Marvel like Superman?

edit: Cynical thought is that the Disney/Marvel folks just want a woman hero to be the most powerful.
Well, in the comics, she pretty much is.
Bruce Almighty
AG
What will really piss me off with Captain Marvel is if they have her show up in Avengers 4 and magically saves the day and defeats Thanos all by herself.
Farmer1906
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

What will really piss me off with Captain Marvel is if they have her show up in Avengers 4 and magically saves the day and defeats Thanos all by herself.

At best she needs to be a vision in AoU type role.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

The fact that the writers are saying the tone/vibe switches so much from Infinity War to A4 tells me we're likely getting a cliffhanger, but not in the traditional sense. You're right, I doubt it's like Deathly Hollows or The Matrix sequels where its basically one movie told over five hours or whatever. But if I had to guess, IW is more of a "traditional" (albeit massive) action/heist blockbuster, but then A4 is going to be some trippy time travel thing. And if they go that route, I'm betting IW ends with our heroes (or at least a fraction of them) finding themselves displaced to another time/year, we get just enough of a glimpse as to where they are / the pickle they're in, and then bam - cut to black, roll credits.

Here's a thought that just occurred to me. What if Thanos essentially wins and the next phase (kicking off with Avengers 4) has the various Avengers scattered across space and time, sometimes in mismatched pairs a la Ragnarok?

Would roll like this: the Avengers manage to deal Thanos a setback, but not defeat him. Say he ends up short a couple of Infinity Stones but manages to conquer Earth. In the battle, some Avengers are killed and most of the rest are scattered across space and time.

The next phase involves a combination of things. One is new heroes rising on Earth, and those still on Earth fighting Thanks and his minions (Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2, a new Captain America, etc.).

Second is that Earth's peril calls Captain Marvel back home (Avengers 4).

Third is the scattered Avengers trying to get home to the fight, gather Infinity Stones, recruit Allies, etc. (Guardians 3 with Iron Man, Widow and Hulk, Hawkeye and Ant Man, etc... Pairings just at random, not predictions).

Biggest problem with this is the Homecoming sequel. I don't see Sony getting to make a movie with Spidey strewn across the universe or something. He needs to be back in high school trying to live a normal life for that movie to work.

Anyway, Avengers 5 culminates with the reformed team liberating Earth.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, Avengers 4 is officially part of the current phase. Spider-man 2 is what kicks off the next phase. I don't know if that matters, but A4 is technically meant to end this phase and not begin another.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Maybe Captain Marvel will only be in a cameo in IW?

Imagine that Thanos gets all but the soul stone. What's left of the avengers are licking their wounds and are on the run. Someone says, "we need to find the soul stone if we are to stand a chance" Nick fury steps out of the shadows, I may know who has it.

Cut to a floating being, off-world; possibly overlooking the remains of Xandar. Close in, we see that its Captain Marvel. She says to herself "It's time to go home"

Cut to black screen "THE AVENGERS WILL RETURN"
Dun duuun da duuuuuuuuuuunn, duuuun duuuun dun-dun, dun-dun.......
AliasMan02
AG
I think she's a no brainier for one if what I assume will be several after credits scenes.
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

Biggest problem with this is the Homecoming sequel. I don't see Sony getting to make a movie with Spidey strewn across the universe or something. He needs to be back in high school trying to live a normal life for that movie to work.

Agree with that, and it seems like it will be kind of weird/difficult for Marvel to handle that...

Peter Parker just helped Tony Stark, Thor, and Dr. Strange defeat the most powerful being in the universe. Now he's trying to get a date to Prom and defeat a guy dressed like a rhinoceros?
AliasMan02
AG
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

Agree with that, and it seems like it will be kind of weird/difficult for Marvel to handle that...

Peter Parker just helped Tony Stark, Thor, and Dr. Strange defeat the most powerful being in the universe. Now he's trying to get a date to Prom and defeat a guy dressed like a rhinoceros?

Homecoming 2 would be the perfect place to introduce mutants into the next phase, but... Sony.
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Sex Panther said:

Quote:

Homecoming 2 would be the perfect place to introduce mutants into the next phase, but... Sony.
I doubt its homecoming 2. It should get a new name.

A small cameo might be okay, but a full introduction needs its own movie.
Sex Panther
AG
It's already been decided.

Spider Man 2: Sadie Hawkins
MooreTrucker
AG
A similar question to Chilibeans'...

I have yet to see Homecoming or Ragnorok, but I can get BOGO tix for Black Panther this weekend. Would it hurt to see BP before the other two? And for that matter, would it hurt to see Ragnorok before Homecoming?
TajMaballer
AG
You are good with any order for those 3 movies.
gougler08
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I have yet to see Homecoming or Ragnorok, but I can get BOGO tix for Black Panther this weekend. Would it hurt to see BP before the other two? And for that matter, would it hurt to see Ragnorok before Homecoming?
Ragnarok and Homecoming don't tie in at all...not sure about BP and Homecoming (as I haven't seen BP), but I doubt they do either
Bobcat06
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Seeing them out of order won't matter

However, if you're trying to prioritize which movies to see before IW.

Ragnarok>Homecoming>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black Panther

Also, the events of Ragnarok & Homecoming will have an impact on IW. Black Panther not so much.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Also, the events of Ragnarok & Homecoming will have an impact on IW. Black Panther not so much.
Thanks, all, that's a big help. I have plenty of time to see all of them before IW, maybe just not the other two before BP.
Sex Panther
AG
Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

I don't think that's true... Half the movie looks like it takes place in Wakanda
Bruce Almighty
AG
Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Disagree with this. We know from the trailers that part of IW takes place on Wakanda and all the Black Panther characters are in IW.
M.C. Swag
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Disagree with this. We know from the trailers that part of IW takes place on Wakanda and all the Black Panther characters are in IW.
Yea, homecoming is prolly the least relevant.

Ragnarok could have HUGE implications if IW is going to follow the comics in terms of Thanos 'courting death'

And BP introduces a host of new characters and plot settings.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Sex Panther said:

It's already been decided.

Spider Man 2: Sadie Hawkins
Spider Man To the Future

After watching Doc Brown Dr Strange get murdered by the Libyans Black Order, Marty McFly Peter Parker takes the Delorean Eye of Agamotto back to 1955 1985, where he inadvertently causes Leah Thompson to fall in love with him, instead of Howard the Duck.
MooreTrucker
Bobcat06
AG
Sex Panther said:

Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

I don't think that's true... Half the movie looks like it takes place in Wakanda
And?

BP's big impact on IW is that Wakanda is a first world country posing as a third world country

Ragnarok's big impact on IW is Thor traveling on a spaceship with an infinity stone

Homecoming's big impact on IW is Spiderman getting the Iron Spider suit so he can travel to outerspace

You could skip BP and still know it's impact. Not true for Ragnarok or Homecoming
Bruce Almighty
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Sex Panther said:

Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

And?

BP's big impact on IW is that Wakanda is a first world country posing as a third world country

Ragnarok's big impact on IW is Thor traveling on a spaceship with an infinity stone

Homecoming's big impact on IW is Spiderman getting the Iron Spider suit so he can travel to outerspace

You could skip BP and still know it's impact. Not true for Ragnarok or Homecoming

Many of the characters in BP is in IW. None of the characters in Spider-Man besides Spider-Man is going to be in IW. I think BP is more important than Spider-Man.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Sex Panther said:

Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

And?

Storyline-wise, the other two could have bigger impact, but simple because of location and new characters that are introduced, I don't think you can so easily dismiss BP like that.
TexasAggie_02
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Bobcat06 said:

Sex Panther said:

Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

And?

Storyline-wise, the other two could have bigger impact, but simple because of location and new characters that are introduced, I don't think you can so easily dismiss BP like that.
Same with Ragnarok. (Hela could be a huge factor in IW)
redline248
AG
Simple solution: watch them all.
MooreTrucker
AG
redline248 said:

Simple solution: watch them all.
Oh that's definitely gonna happen.
MBAR
AG
Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Disagree completely. If someone walks into IW without seeing black panther there is a ton of context they will be missing out on. Its by far the most important film of those 3 in connecting to IW.
MBAR
AG
Hela COULD be in IW, sure, but we KNOW that every new character introduced in BP WILL be in IW because of it's setting. BP easily introduces more new info that will be into IW than Ragnarok or Homecoming. I mean really if all you're tying into IW from Spiderman is a suit that appears on a rack for all of 5 seconds then thats pretty damn weak.
First Page Last Page
Page 241 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.